Sold!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
We did it. Two weeks on the market, six viewings, and we've sold our acreage. A mere $6500 below asking price. Woo-hoo!! No more having to clean like a mad woman just to head to town, incase someone comes to look while I'm gone. I'm so happy!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Thanks Kreskin. My only panic, is that it will mean we're moving sooner than we had hoped. May 15th instead of May 30th. Ack! This means the kids and I will have to be in the new house on the day of possession, which means.... DIRT. The new place is FILTHY. It needs SO much work done on it, it makes me want to cry. The bathroom, kitchen, and flooring throughout ALL need to come out. To have gotten this place all perfect, just the way I wanted it, and now have to move into another 'work in progress', it's disheartening to say the least.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Well done Karrie moving is hateful at the best of times - but NOT MOVING is even worse when you
can't sell

Can you not negotiate another two weeks until May 30th? I mean did someone say you had to be out on the 15th? Did anyone ask you if that was ok?

If that earlier moving date was agreed upon by you and your husband it seems as if you are stuck with it....

No wonder you are upset - you are seeing your new house in toto - rather than taking it as you have to do - in bits and pieces, chore by chore... priorities in order.

So little one - give it a flip and say you will do the most imperative things first and make up a list of necessaries down to the final things you can give a miss to for a while until it suits you.

Whatever you do don' t look at the whole picture - that can be overwhelming. Take it drawer by drawer, box by box, room by room and finally - it will be Karrie's home - just like the one you are now in - and you will make it your mansion filled with laughter, tears and love....

There is no doubt in my mind it will be a better house for your ownership and stewardship - and try to enjoy putting your footprint on that lucky house to make it a special gift to you and your family.

A place to call home and in which to make memories.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Well done Karrie moving is hateful at the best of times - but NOT MOVING is even worse when you
can't sell

Can you not negotiate another two weeks until May 30th?

Take it drawer by drawer, box by box, room by room and finally - it will be Karrie's home -
A place to call home and in which to make memories.

Thanks Curiosity. The possession date was part of the negotiations, much like everything else. We got a higher price for being willing to move sooner. It means more money for my new kitchen, appliances, etc. So, I guess I really shouldn't complain TOO loudly.

And I'm lucky. A company move means that we get movers, fully paid for by the company, and I managed to twist my realestate agent's arm into paying to have this place properly cleaned once we move, so I don't have to fuss with windows and cupboards and such. So, all in all, I pretty much just get to walk away from this place with a minimum of work.

my new place is overwhelming, but I think you're right. taking it room by room, and prioritizing, will help a lot. Naturally, the first room being done is the bathroom, since there are mold issues (a typical 70's house, it has a window in the bathtub, brilliant idea). I already have some neat ideas for how I hope to paint it, if only I can convince my hubby. lol.

Same goes for the kitchen. Because it has to be gutted, I get to design what it will be replaced with. I've never gotten to do that before. For the summer, my kitchen will likely be in my garage, while we fix up the one in the house. lol. It should be doable.

I just need to focus now on finishing my courses. After that, I can stress about the move. lol.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Cograts Karrie. Now you can switch from cleaning to packing.:smile:

Thanks. Luckily, it's a company move. All I have to do is make sure my stuff is organized, and the movers come and get it. yay!

Dalreg

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2006
Saskatchewan eh!
Good luck! I went through something similar between Christmas and New Years. Moving can be VERY stressful. So just remember to stop and breath once in awhile.