Who are you?

snfu73
Are you the same person in real life that you come across as being in these forums? How much do put on a new persona in here? Would you say things in these forums that you wouldn't say anywhere else? Are you more yourself in here than in the real world? Who are you!

hermanntrude
the only difference between me in real life and in here is that in real life i tend to argue less, to spare my teeth.

I try to be a very honest internet user. Much of my social life is here and u won't make good friends by lying to people all the time

Tonington
I'm the same except for talking with gals, I'm more of a flirt in person.

Lol, we should have a CC barbeque somewhere, that would be weird.

CDNBear
I'm the same Bearish brute on and off line.

selfactivated
I am child and Maiden, I am Priestess and Huntress, I am Crone and Wise woman, I am Goddess and God. I am perfection in any path I take.

SpookyTheCat
Pretty much the same ....what you see is what you get....

I may think about what I'm posting (yea right ) because the written word can be taken the wrong way if people aren't familiar with your style.

selfactivated
Quote:

How much do put on a new persona in here? Would you say things in these forums that you wouldn't say anywhere else? Are you more yourself in here than in the real world? Who are you!

This is what happens when you post half awake.

Im no different in person or online. Ive met dozens of friends on line in real life and the all say the same thing........Im real.

eh1eh
I try to be honest and staight forward, here and in my dealings in person. One thing I've learned is I'm not a good judge of what I'm thinking and feeling at any given moment. But looking back I really find I just don't have the energy to run two lives. So it's me you get, good or bad.

Said1
I think I'm nicer in person. Not sure though. I g uess I'm about the same, I think?

Stretch
I'm the same here as in the real world..... I seem to get the same responses too

Curiosity
Um...I'm a 19 year old roller derby queen living in East L.A. - trying to improve my mind.

My bod's ok except for all the bruises I get on the job.

(external - login to view)

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Um...I'm a 19 year old roller derby queen living in East L.A. - trying to improve my mind.

My bod's ok except for all the bruises I get on the job.

(external - login to view)

I believe that

Dexter Sinister
Yeah, this is pretty much who I am, except for the obvious: I'm much better looking in real life and Dexter Sinister's not my real name... It's too hard to pretend to be somebody else consistently.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Yeah, this is pretty much who I am, except for the obvious: I'm much better looking in real life and Dexter Sinister's not my real name... It's too hard to pretend to be somebody else consistently.

You mean you aren't...

My image of you is shattered.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

I had you pegged for........

Curiosity
Now Self....

Are you saying Dexter is "dull"???

CDNBear

Now Self....

More like illuminating!!!

selfactivated

Now Self....

I was actually going for the rain or shine thing.........He's always there and a good friend.

Curiosity
Aw I see

OK you guys - just kidding - Dexter is one of the caring folk fer shure!

temperance
I'm the person that will offer you a Kleenex when your at the mall parking lot vomiting ,I'm the person who will perform CPR ,I'm the person who would tell you about the toilet paper stuck to the bottom of your high heel before you walk across the ball room floor ,
I'm the person who holds the door open for anyone more mature than myself , or needs me to hold the door open I'm the person who lets the bus in the lane ,
I'm the person who doesnt litter,I'm the person who refuses to quit ,
I'm the person who still thanks and complainants people ,I'm the person who still has hope in humanity ,
I'm the person who use to trust every thing but has learned to gather knowledge ask questions, clarify

I'm almost the person , I want to be .

www.matthewbarr.co.uk/simpsons/ (external - login to view) I took this test to find out who I might be like

talloola
I'm still getting to know myself. Thought I had done that a few times in the past, but it doesn't
stop. Guess that's life, always learning and growing. Hope I do that till I'm one hundred, or more.
Have learned more about me since posting here, I think I reveal too much, going to 'stifle' it a bit
more.
When my own thoughts look back at me from my posts, I have many times been surprised, and have
noticed that I do the drill much differently now than I did when I joined.
I am honest on this board, what's to gain by being something I'm not, but maybe, some just like to play
with others, make a game out of it, not sure.
Last edited by talloola; Apr 1st, 2007 at 05:25 PM..

Curiosity
I'll venture a big guess here about real people and forums ...

I believe more people reveal their true selves on a forum such as this than they do in their personal lives except perhaps to those close to them such as family and friends.

I think it easier for people to be what they are without all the trappings of socialization we put on ourselves and we are able to write more honestly about how we think and feel.

There will always be a percentage who hide behind fantasy or boosting the image a bit - but generally I think they are in the minority because the long termers here seem to follow along the same lines and opinions and when they write about their personal lives and families, rarely do they deviate from what has been written before.

And of course there are forums where real is rare...

PS: I'm not a roller derby queen - I can't skate except on ice....wahhhhhhh

tracy
Unfortunately I haven't learned how to hold back in my real life very well. I tend to say less here because I have to type it and that also gives me a chance to think about what I'm saying. In real life my friends and family have often commented that I lack a filter. I'm WAY more sarcastic in real life too. Both qualities have caused me some problems, but they are also such a large part of who I am that I can't imagine I'll ever change them that much.

espressoguy
I think I'm a bit harder to handle in real life. It takes me a long time to type so I can re-think what I want to say. In real life I usually act first and then think later..."was that a good idea..oops I shouldn't have said that. It's too late though.

Curiosity
OOOOOoooops so that's the problem for me...

I can type faster than I can talk or think.... no wonder I get into trouble...

El Barto
I have that typing problem too. I'm much more than I am here. I will for the most part make you smile in some way. I seem to attract people ready to tell me thier problems that they won't tell anyone else.
I'm much bolder and more diplomatic than I am here. I'm an open book. You 'll know how I feel just by looking at me. Can you feel ugly? hmmmm

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

I have that typing problem too. I'm much more than I am here. I will for the most part make you smile in some way. I seem to attract people ready to tell me thier problems that they won't tell anyone else.
I'm much bolder and more diplomatic than I am here. I'm an open book. You 'll know how I feel just by looking at me. Can you feel ugly? hmmmm

Stop that right now.......I think your very handsome AND very kind.

Toro
Yes, in real life, I'm exactly like my Internet personae.

I'm perfect.

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by temperanceView Post

I'm the person who will perform CPR

So am I, but I didn't realize that I HAD to perform CPR or go to jail. I wouldn't have signed up for that class if I'd known that.

RomSpaceKnight
In real life I am the resurrection of an Angle warrior, a destroyer of monasteries and ravager of nunneries.

no new posts