Who are you?

selfactivated
Im sorry but at this point in my life I have to agree. I was standing in line yesterday and this womans child was having a fit a real tempertantrum. I was almost in tears myself. Panic attack started and .....Well its worse in restaurants. I go late when I go and I dont have dinner at a table I eat at the bar......no children allowed.

karrie
I've hit the point where I don't judge those situations by how the child is behaving, but by how the mom is reacting. If mom doesn't seem to care that her kid is tossing a fit, then yes, I get tense. But if mom is stressed too, trying her best, then I do my best to offer a soothing smile. I root around in my purse for stuff to distract the kid (depending on the age), and I offer all the calming energy I can muster. I've been there, I know what it's like. Heck, I'm STILL there. I made my son (5) get up and apologize to the table next to us last time we ate in a restaurant, he was being so fidgety and loud. It made him much more aware of how he needed to behave, and he smartened right up. But, it was a loud family restaurant,with tv's on in every corner, so I tend to think people can't b__ch much if my kid is loud. lol.

mabudon
MikeyDB- a US friend of mine carries spent 9v batteries in his hipsack just in case he needs to make an "emergency dent" (NOT advocating "violence" either, but what re you going to do in those situations?? Think the Cops would be ALL OVER some long-haired , rough-lookin fellow like me ALMOST MAYBE getting hit by someone- I'd probably get let off with some kind of warning to let cars do their business)

I do NOT lash out in personal violence- I view the pedestrians/cars thing as if someone barely missed me with a shotgun blast- I would feed them that gun so fast they wouldn't know what happened- I don't CARE if they missed , they damn well might not have (maybe I should post a pic so the image is more clear, actually)

Karrie- Good thought- usually it IS the parent who gets my ire raised, not so much the poor screaming kid. I don't like eating in public anyways tho, and don't travel much so I am pretty insulated from annoying kid behaviour

folcar
On and off line: I tell it like i see it, and i am always trying to find a solution to problems as well as debate them. I am also a poet, and tend to listen and absorb what others are saying and learn from it.

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercyView Post

Now, Toro, you know we agreed that I was more perfect than you!

Well, that goes without saying!

Sparrow
I am what you get, opinionated, argumentative, questioning, stubborn and have a mind of my own.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by SparrowView Post

I am what you get, opinionated, argumentative, questioning, stubborn and have a mind of my own.

you mean your the cats meow?

Vereya
Quote: Originally Posted by unclepercyView Post

I have been reading that here in the states, diners are requesting not only a smoke-free environment, but also a child-free one too. I have heard a gentleman say this outloud in a restaurant. I spent 45 minutes at Chile's trying to eat my dinner while a newborn was being held 6 inches from my ear - screaming! Keep those kids at home until they can behave in public! I pay to eat at a nice restaurant, enjoy a rare night out with my husband, and it's bedlam in most restaurants. Stay home with the little ones! Or get a baby-sitter. I did.

I don't mind the children - I mind the dumb parents, who do not teach their kids to behave themselves. And one thing I hate especially is when someone brings his or her kid along to a grown-up party. Especially if it is a party at my place. One of my friends used to do that quite often. I don't have kids myself, and no one else brings kids when coming to see me, she's the only one. So there is nothing to amuse a kid with at my place, no toys, nothing of the kind, and no one to play with, because the other guests didn't come to play with kids, they came to have a drink and a real "grown-up" chat, if you know what I mean So the kid very naturally got bored, and started behaving outrageously, just to get some attention, and the mother started yelling at her to make her behave.... Spoilt the evening for herself and her kid, not to mention me and my guests. Why do people with kids so often have to drag them along anywhere they go?

unclepercy
Quote: Originally Posted by VereyaView Post

I don't mind the children - I mind the dumb parents, who do not teach their kids to behave themselves. And one thing I hate especially is when someone brings his or her kid along to a grown-up party. Especially if it is a party at my place. One of my friends used to do that quite often. I don't have kids myself, and no one else brings kids when coming to see me, she's the only one. So there is nothing to amuse a kid with at my place, no toys, nothing of the kind, and no one to play with, because the other guests didn't come to play with kids, they came to have a drink and a real "grown-up" chat, if you know what I mean So the kid very naturally got bored, and started behaving outrageously, just to get some attention, and the mother started yelling at her to make her behave.... Spoilt the evening for herself and her kid, not to mention me and my guests. Why do people with kids so often have to drag them along anywhere they go?

Oh, I can tell you do resent the children. It's not the parents making the noise or the commotion.
I have two kids. Two grandkids. I don't hate kids. There is a time and a place for them, depending on their age - that's all. Don't take them to age-inappropriate events - like your cocktail party, for example. And, FYI, there is no lounge in Chili's. No lounges in any building that has been built since 1945. Not in my city. Let's see - nope, can't think of a place with a real lounge. Pssst - a lounge?

Uncle

adi
I'm 18...Student....which always haven't time for himself.
I want to find myself among people that has concentrate their own life on imitation....
anuthuung else?

Meeshee
I am the same person online as I am offline. Sure the internet is a place to be anything you want to be. Why feel the need to be someone else? I am sarcastic and witty and if someone doesn`t like me, it`s easier to block them....hehe.
Besides, I am just too darn lovable to be anything but me. I am sure you will all agree soon enough. So

peggy
i'm a chinese...a worker....hehe...want to make some friends here....~~~

Riyko
I'm the same online and offline. I don't feel I need to lie about who I really am in person, the only real difference is that I don't talk in person, but online I do.

china
Who are you?....You are exactly who you think that you are .

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

Who are you?....You are exactly who you think that you are .

Ohhhhh but some people don't think. It doesn't make them invisible

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Not invisable, they just are not. I think therefore I am.
Last edited by eh1eh; May 10th, 2007 at 05:47 AM..Reason: sp

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Not inviable, they just are not. I think therefore I am.

Dahh............... poof .....gone

eh1eh

Dahh............... poof .....gone

A proof is a proof is a proof.

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

A proof is a proof is a proof.

no no no
proof is a roof is a poof

Vereya

Which is more than a pity sometimes

Eh_Degray
Who I am, you will discover through time(I guess), is someone opinionated, (I'd like to think) Edumacated, and Funny?. Geez, I don't know. You're all going to have to find out for yourself; I'm glad to meet you all and I wish you a happy discovery.

no new posts