how high are you?

Tonington
I couldn't resist, I thought the same as you when I read the title.

selfactivated
make that 3 but my pot jokes are as bad as my blondde jokes..........

eh1eh
I'm only at 200m or 650ft. But I found another neat way to find out how high you are. Here. (external - login to view)

BTW Hermann we know you are the ultimate High. Pun intended.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I'm only at 200m or 650ft. But I found another neat way to find out how high you are. Here. (external - login to view)

BTW Hermann we know you are the ultimate High. Pun intended.

LOL wish I had thought of it!

talloola
We are pretty well right on Sea level, not far from mouth of river in Courtenay,B.C.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

We are pretty well right on Sea level, not far from mouth of river in Courtenay,B.C.

The Puntledge?

Ariadne
So after a gruelling week, I attended the after work wine and cheese. We were backed up to the wall so the retiree could open gifts. I stood for a while, made my way back to the wine table; mingled. After about an hour I head to the car, belt up, and notice my fly is wide open. I think back, wondering how long it's been like that. First thought - why didn't someone say something (or were they too polite to notice). I remembered having my hand in my pocket most of the time so I stick my hand in my pocket to see how far the fly is open.

Since when is a computer nerd supposed to be able get dressed anyway?

Oh sheesh, just realized this thread is about altitude. Does near the mountains mean anything?

espressoguy
six foot one inch

temperance
Does espressoguy know westmanguy by chance ??

Curiosity
Looks like a few more than Ariadne were at some wine and cheese this afternoon.....

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

The Puntledge?

Yeah, sorry.

Kreskin

Yeah, sorry.

Are you in west Courtenay? I use to live on Embleton Crescent, near the river.

talloola

Are you in west Courtenay? I use to live on Embleton Crescent, near the river.

I think I am about two blocks from that area, just off woods, just down from 5th. 1/2 block, cul de sac.

Embleton is off of 1st street right? Is it the one with the little bridge to the school?

Kreskin

I think I am about two blocks from that area, just off woods, just down from 5th. 1/2 block, cul de sac.

Embleton is off of 1st street right? Is it the one with the little bridge to the school?

That's it. We were up the street a bit. We loved it there but had to move.

talloola

That's it. We were up the street a bit. We loved it there but had to move.

We have friends who live just up that street a little ways, they have a chocolate lab they bought
from me about 10 yrs. ago.
We walk our dog all through the trails by the river, so nice there.

Kreskin

We have friends who live just up that street a little ways, they have a chocolate lab they bought
from me about 10 yrs. ago.
We walk our dog all through the trails by the river, so nice there.

We lived at 2043 Embleton from 94-96. I had a malamute-x. The best friend I ever had. We did the trails too. I miss those times, and my friend.

talloola

We lived at 2043 Embleton from 94-96. I had a malamute-x. The best friend I ever had. We did the trails too. I miss those times, and my friend.

I had a malamute X a long time ago, I bought him from a lady sitting in the vets waiting room for
$20.00, cutest little guy I ever saw. I had just walked out of Vets exam room, just having to have
my beautiful persian cat "put down" from being poisoned, (brain damage), was crying, stood there
for a minute, then spotted that little puppy, crying stopped, conversation started, and home I went
with the puppy. Quick fix medicine for me. I'm such a softy with anaimals, love them so much.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by smilingfishView Post

About the netherlands...really? And there's never been a flood there? When I was in my hometown( Wuhan, a large city in the middle of China, on Yangtze River), once there was a big flood. And the news said people were actually catching fish on the roads or at their own homes(fish from those fish pounds in the suburbs) . I saw a guy catch a freaking big one in his living room on TV! It didn't kill people in our city as far as I know, but it did kill many people and sweep away homes in other areas especially those countryside areas.

My home was quite near to the Yangtze River(only one block away from the bank) and seemed much lower but it didn't flood my home.

Yeah, I know, I'm off the topic.

Well, there's the Dutch, and then there is Mark Krotter, the guy that tried to will his Vancouver Island (large) land and (first edition) library to the province and university - but was refused. What the heck is going on in BC that people cannot will their land for parks and books to university libraries?

Let's discuss the realities of life. Mark Krotter, a US draft dodger and Canadian Federal Prosecutor, was an amazing man yet his wishes to will his land to the province for a park and wishes to will his library to the university are twarted by policy, something a federal prosecutor should have foreseen. Anyone on the Island want to take up the cause cuz without someone taking up the cause, his life wishes are a lost cause.