Any Canadian moms here?

SassyMom
Trying to meet and make some new friendships. I can have guy friends too, dont get me wrong here, lol....just would like to chat with some moms

hermanntrude
my wife is due to be a "mom" in september :0)

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

my wife is due to be a "mom" in september :0)

Congrats hermmy!!!

hermanntrude
you didnt know bear? I ran a thread on trying to find a male name. we have a female one lined up

CDNBear

you didnt know bear? I ran a thread on trying to find a male name. we have a female one lined up

No I missed that thread.

Well you know my topic tastes, don't you?

Still looking for a male name eh?

Have you given the name "Bear" any thought? It's strong and masculin.

hermanntrude
lol no.

Just no.

CDNBear

lol no.

Just no.

wtf???

That was harsh.

how 'bout Ohkwai.

hermanntrude
a little pretentious to give my baby an indian name? Although come to think of it, it was conceived on a reserve

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by SassyMomView Post

Trying to meet and make some new friendships. I can have guy friends too, dont get me wrong here, lol....just would like to chat with some moms

Wewlcome Sassymom, Don't wory there are lots of moms on the board. You haven't met any in this thead although we can be entertaining. Hang around and you'll meet them all.

hermanntrude
you're not in edmonton are u sassy?

karrie

Welcome Sassy. I'm a 27 year old, stay at home mom of two. My daughter is coming up on her 7th b-day next Sunday, and my son is 5, turning 6 in July. I'm in Northern BC, but have lived in Grande Prairie and High Level in the past. I look forward to 'reading' you.

CDNBear

a little pretentious to give my baby an indian name? Although come to think of it, it was conceived on a reserve

Pretentious? How so?

I wouldn't be bothered by it one bit, but I have a bias their, lol.

Anyone that would find fault in it though, really isn't worth worrying about my friend.

How 'bout Koda.

hermanntrude
what does ohkwai and koda mean? Maybe you're telling me to call my kid "snotnose" or something

CDNBear

what does ohkwai and koda mean? Maybe you're telling me to call my kid "snotnose" or something

Ohkwai, is Onondaga for Bear, lol, and Koda is just a name.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Pretentious? How so?

I wouldn't be bothered by it one bit, but I have a bias their, lol.

Anyone that would find fault in it though, really isn't worth worrying about my friend.

How 'bout Koda.

Bear, around here Koda is a very popular dog's name. Which is sad, because I love the name.

karrie
OOh, herm... an unconventional one that a friend snuck past his wife... Creston. She fell in love with it, and named her son, before she found out where it had come from.

Dezzarai
lol. I am not good with boy names. They're boring. If I ever have a boy either the dad gets to name him or he's getting a normal un-original name like kevin or something. Girl names are funner because it's more common for girls to have unusual names than boys, is it not?
by the way no offense to anyone named kevin, just an example of a common name and the first one I thought of

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Bear, around here Koda is a very popular dog's name. Which is sad, because I love the name.

That still won't bother my son, he loves his name.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

wtf???

That was harsh.

how 'bout Ohkwai.

Dont feel bad he dont like my fav either (teasin)

Said1
1 girl, 9 yrs old.

Sparrow

I am also a mom but a B I T older than any of you, my son is 32 but he is still my little boy. Looking forward to your posts.

SassyMom
wow, this thread sure got off topic in a hurry, lol

hermanntrude
sorry bout that sassy. i did tell them i had my own thread about that

SassyMom

you're not in edmonton are u sassy?

I am in Calgary

SassyMom
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

1 girl, 9 yrs old.

My son is 11, maybe we can chat sometime

hermanntrude

I am in Calgary

BOOOOOOOO!

SassyMom
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Welcome Sassy. I'm a 27 year old, stay at home mom of two. My daughter is coming up on her 7th b-day next Sunday, and my son is 5, turning 6 in July. I'm in Northern BC, but have lived in Grande Prairie and High Level in the past. I look forward to 'reading' you.

I tried to PM you, but this site wont let me

SassyMom

BOOOOOOOO!

LOL.....and congrats in September

selfactivated

Im not Canadian but I am a Mother. I have 2 girls 19 and 21 and I recently lost my 22 year old son. (that should pull it back to topic)

selfactivated

I tried to PM you, but this site wont let me

You need a few more posts. 50 I believe

no new posts