Is stripping for school okay?

Is stripping for school tuition acceptable?

• yes

Votes: 15 78.9%
  • no

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • no opinion

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters

oneiopen

Mar 19, 2007
A friend from north England told me that he was told in North America that is was "perfectly acceptable" for a woman to strip to pay her college or university tuition. I can only speak for my self but I was wondering what others thought. So, in your opinion, is stripping for school "perfectly acceptable" or not?

oneiopen

Mar 19, 2007
It might be a "job" or "just a job" but is it something to be proud about? Is it as acceptable as dish washing or retail? Is it something that might "label" the student in others' eyes or affect their future careers?

ps eh i eh - you sure you're not a little lost?:smile:

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Being a slave is being a slave, might as well make as much as possible doing whatever you're comfortable doing, I'd figure- "dancing" for a couple of shifts a week would be FAR easier than having to go in 5-6 days a week to flip burgers, so I can't se a problem

Of course, depending on a LOT of factors, it COULD be a really bad deal, but I would think that bringing any of said factors into the discussion would be muddying the main thrust of this thread...

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
It might be a "job" or "just a job" but is it something to be proud about? Is it as acceptable as dish washing or retail? Is it something that might "label" the student in others' eyes or affect their future careers?

ps eh i eh - you sure you're not a little lost?:smile:
Should have put that in purple, the colour of sarcasm in these parts

Anyway, I've know sales people with less morals than strippers I've know. It depends on the person and their goals and ambitions.:smile:

BTW that's eh1eh.:smile:

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Excellent question and it helps me to see how my attitude has changed over the years. When I was at college in Bakersfield California I was quite the activist (yes me) and I had come across an ad for stripers in the college paper.....I was fuming! How DARE they ad for 18- 25 year old students?! (the word students was in the ad) I picketted the place and I reamed the editor and the president....after 2 weeks it was withdrawn.

Now I say anyone has a right to do as they please. But be informed. These girls dont just dance. Their USUALLY hookers also. I also have a problem with hiring 18 year olds. I think 21 while young is a better age to make an educated descition.

Rar! I'm a scary monster!

Electoral Member
Mar 10, 2007
Western NC, USA
OK. I think it's perfectly acceptible IF:

1-The club is legit and well established

2-The Bouncer staff at said club is huge and well trained

3-The staff are respectful and watch out for you

4-Your mom doesn't find out (a joke, dependingon your background)

I'd have done it BUT I'm male and quite overweight. I WAS Dave Bukatinsky in a production of The Full Monty, so technically I have stripped... and despite my gargantuan proportions I was told by several ladies how sexy it was that I could do that. Lol, they did say this out of earshot of my girlfriend.

mabudon

Metal King
Mar 15, 2006
Golden Horseshoe, Ontario
Agreed, Rar (with the first part, trying to keep the last half outta my head ;))

And I don't know how it didn't cross my mind, but if it's okay for institutions to F^&K you with outrageous tuition, I think it matters little where the money comes from

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
If you see stripping as okay, then there couldn't be a better reason to be a stripper.

It sure beats doing it to fund your meth habit, pay for your new tits, or keep your abusive boyfriend in whiskey.

If you don't see stripping as okay, well, there still couldn't be a better reason to be a stripper. At least these women are not going to be doing it forever.

Anyone who wants to stigmatize a woman for doing what she needs to to fund an education can do so as soon as they get involved in funding scholarships for them. Once you're helping to give them alternatives to pay for their school, THEN you can judge.

oneiopen

Mar 19, 2007
"It's okay if....your mom doesn't find out"

Isn't that really a hallmark of whether we as a society view any activity as "acceptable" or not?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

Isn't that really a hallmark of whether we as a society view any activity as "acceptable" or not?

I'd have to disagree with that. That would be a hallmark of whether or not we see an activity as sexual or not. Most people don't want mom and dad finding out about any sexual behavior or activity in much detail.

Whether or not we as society see an activity as acceptable or not is defined by laws and bylaws. If strip clubs are legal in your area, and men frequent them, then the resounding message is one of acceptance, although it may still be laced by the shame associated with all things sexual. I think that a lot of sexual activites are acceptable, but I'll still likely turn red in the face if having to discuss them.

Rar! I'm a scary monster!

Electoral Member
Mar 10, 2007
Western NC, USA

My mom would have grimaced but would have approved IF it were safe....y'know, not some hole-in-the-wall place. Society's morals are completely screwed on some issues (in my arrogant opinion). I am not a poster boy for "normalcy" thankyouverymuch.:p

oneiopen

Mar 19, 2007
I'd have to disagree with that. That would be a hallmark of whether or not we see an activity as sexual or not. Most people don't want mom and dad finding out about any sexual behavior or activity in much detail.

Whether or not we as society see an activity as acceptable or not is defined by laws and bylaws. If strip clubs are legal in your area, and men frequent them, then the resounding message is one of acceptance, although it may still be laced by the shame associated with all things sexual. I think that a lot of sexual activites are acceptable, but I'll still likely turn red in the face if having to discuss them.

I'd agree that most people don't want to discuss/reveal sexual behaviour with/to their parents but I'm not sure "make sure your mother doesn't find out" is limited just to sexual issues - it could equally extend to other immoral behaviour such as stealing, cheating, or unprovoked aggressive behaviour.

And while certain behaviours might be legal, they may still not be "acceptable" to the majority. For example, prostituiton is technically legal throughout Canada (it is the surrounding communicating for the purpose which is illegal), but I question whether a prostitute could raise his or her head at a fancy dinner party and proudly exclaim, "I **** for cash" without feeling some chill in the air.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I question whether a prostitute could raise his or her head at a fancy dinner party and proudly exclaim, "I **** for cash" without feeling some chill in the air.

Well no... no one at any dinner party can sit up and exclaim anything about their sex life without facing that chill. Unless it's a REALLY FUN dinner party. lol.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I have no problems with it. Hell I'd strip if there was enough demand for male strippers in this town, we don't have any strip bars so I'll have to settle for the occasional table dancing bet from buddies ;)

It's excellent money so long as you don't acquire any of the undesirable 'habits'. More than a student will make anywhere else, except the good ole underground economies...

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I have no problems with it. Hell I'd strip if there was enough demand for male strippers in this town...

Oh, don't get me started on the double standard when it comes to male strippers in Canada.

The women must be kept eight feet away from their patrons, and not touched. The men have to be respectful and quiet sitting on the other side of their little moat. Meanwhile, male strippers are tossed out into a screaming throng of insane women, grabbing and spanking them, dry humping on the stage... ugh.