*shaking* Called 9/11... thought someone was breaking in...

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
OMG... I can't stop shaking.

I am on my laptop, I don't here this van pulling up in my drive-way.

I see these 2 people at my patio door, and I NEVER here a knock. These 2 men (one young, one middle aged) are standing at my patio door, I back up out of site, I think I see one of them move an arm to break in to my home..

I have the phone beside me.

I call 9/11

The operator comes on, my voice is shaky, and I say somthin like "I thinkkkk someone is trrrrying to brreak in to my home."

I run out my front door and the 2 men are there and they have a big grey van.

So you can see the fright in me, right?

I say "What are you doing"

Guess what:

GUESS WHAT

GUESS WHAT

They are Jehovah's Witnesses who hand me phamplet for the birthday of Christ.

I am "Why didn't you knock!!" They said "we did, we must not have knocked loud enough"

I get back on the phone with the police and explain the situation.

He tells me they are not going to send anyone, but they are going to write a report up about J.W. door-to-door men, who look suspicious and do not knock.

I SWEAR THEY NEVER KNOCKED.

Now its WAY to suspicious to me:

#1 black suits
#2 big industrial van
#3 maybe the JW thing is a cover up if they ever get into a situation?

right?

Besides that! They never went to my FRONT DOOR, they came THROUGH MY GARAGE to my back yard to my back door.

WHO DOES THAT?

Or they could be JWs who thought nobody was home by looking in the garage, and were going to leave the phamplet in the house.

I am still pissed off as hell.

My instinct says there is more to it... and I am glad I didn't stand there nervous and did call 9/11.

still shaking.. boy these situations jump your adrenaline don't they?

comment on my story, and tell me your stories...

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
8O

what could you possibly have done to incur the attentions of the 'men in black' ???????????

the JW around here usually arrive on foot. Not sure what you just experienced... shoulda got a plate # off that van maybe?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I was sleeping on a friends couch, half in the bag(years ago).

I was awakend by the front door being, for lack of a better term, thumped on.

It was the ex boyfriend of my buddies, present girlfriend. Apparently he was unaware of their breakup, but had heard from friends she was at his party and may still be there.

Anyways, he was throwing himself at the door.

You have to understand, at this point in my life I was into being a dickhead and me and my buddy had some fairly decent enemies.

I went to the door and waited for a thump, then made a ruff guess as the the interval between the thumps, summizeing the perp was backing up to take a run at the door.

I waited patiently through a couple thumps, then as I timed it upened the door as I thought he would be at that point.

He was, he was met by mit, square in the face.

Knocked him back of the steps, removed two teeth, one of which was in my knuckle(I just looked, the scar is still there, lmao)

I ran down to finish him off, or as I would tell the cops later, to check on him. He was out cold.

I leaned in the door and called for my buddy. As he came down, the guy came to and grabbed his face, got up and ran off.

I thought that was the end of it.

I thought wrong.

He ran to a Mack's Milk and called the Cops.

They of course knew me well and immedietely cuffed me, until they determined that his story didn't wash.

The shoulder dents in the cheap metal clad door seemed pretty odd, even though he claimed I must have staged them, the fact that I'm 6' 2" and he was all of 5 and change, the dents didn't match the body.

The Cops took my word for it, and arrested him for "mischief".

Fun times.

(btw, I love the new signature west, my head is swelling)

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
So you were a BAD BOY, back in the day CDNBear? lol.

Yeah these JWs are crazy people, and be warned everyone they are out on there door-to-door spree..

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
So you were a BAD BOY, back in the day CDNBear? lol.

Yeah these JWs are crazy people, and be warned everyone they are out on there door-to-door spree..

I'm already on there black list. When I moved to this house 10 years ago I made the fisrt JW feel very frightened, indicating the police would be called if the came on my property. They now walk past my house on Saturday. LOL:smile:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm already on there black list. When I moved to this house 10 years ago I made the fisrt JW feel very frightened, indicating the police would be called if the came on my property. They now walk past my house on Saturday. LOL:smile:
My electrician buddy, just answeredthe door nekkid a few times, that works too.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bear

You live such an exciting life....nothing earth shattering happens here except forest fires every year, an earthquake or two, and the occasional horse walking along munching everyone's flowers.....until someone recognizes which ranch it belongs to... and phones the owners....

JWs and Mormons all walk - they arrive in vans but usually at the entrance to a community and then walk the whole thing - in really hot temps in the summer... if they are lucky someone opens their door and offers them water.... nobody ever knocks at my door in the week because I am not there...ha! I've never seen any of them on the weekends....

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bear

You live such an exciting life....nothing earth shattering happens here except forest fires every year, an earthquake or two, and the occasional horse walking along munching everyone's flowers.....until someone recognizes which ranch it belongs to... and phones the owners....

JWs and Mormons all walk - they arrive in vans but usually at the entrance to a community and then walk the whole thing - in really hot temps in the summer... if they are lucky someone opens their door and offers them water.... nobody ever knocks at my door in the week because I am not there...ha! I've never seen any of them on the weekends....
That would be "lived" WC, apart from the antics of my boys(yes those apples didn't fall far from this Bear tree), my life is... well, just a good life. My memories are the stuff of nightmares though.:thumbup:

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
BTW when they came and gave me the phamplet I said. "Sorry you and me believe in Jesus Christ in different contexts. I won't be needing that"

My uncle just tell them: "F*** of you f****** c****." Needless to say, they never visit my uncle! :D

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
BTW when they came and gave me the phamplet I said. "Sorry you and me believe in Jesus Christ in different contexts. I won't be needing that"

My uncle just tell them: "F*** of you f****** c****." Needless to say, they never visit my uncle! :D
I've invited them in and explained that we were an alien DNA experiment. I like raising eyebrows.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Best way to get rid of a JW?

Invite them into your home, and do the same thing they are doing to you.

Get your Bible out, and start preaching about Christianity to them. They'll be out in a giffy when you do that!

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Always knew you were a follower of scientology. :sad3:

Take me to your dealer!!!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
I feel sorry for the Mormon missionaries...

They have to wear white long sleeve shirts and dress pants and a tie... and it gets really hot here in the summer....they ride bikes around the neighborhoods and are so happy to come in and talk in the air conditioning....

A couple of my neighbors have invited them in to cool off as long as they don't start on their mission... they apparently are the nicest young men though..... I don't know if girls do this kind
of missionary thing or not..... some of them are from other countries too.

One Mormon I worked with trained in Switzerland at school and had his mission there.....he loved it and didn't want to come home hahaha...

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
my wife lives in a very remote town in northern alberta. To get there you have to drive for a half hour or so on a normalish road, then an hour or so on a gravel road, then an hour off-road, then cross a frozen river which ocassionally swallows a car.

The jehovah's witnesses come several times a year and knock on as many doors as they can. My wife's aunt is a JW. last time they came, they left leaflets for her which made us suspect that they had been in contact with the family and had sent specially tailored material based on someone's request.

they are a well organised lot. And usually very friendly about it. I don't hate them for their strange ways

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
my wife lives in a very remote town in northern alberta. To get there you have to drive for a half hour or so on a normalish road, then an hour or so on a gravel road, then an hour off-road, then cross a frozen river which ocassionally swallows a car.

The jehovah's witnesses come several times a year and knock on as many doors as they can. My wife's aunt is a JW. last time they came, they left leaflets for her which made us suspect that they had been in contact with the family and had sent specially tailored material based on someone's request.

they are a well organised lot. And usually very friendly about it. I don't hate them for their strange ways
And no one should, I met one at my door one day, that had a debilitating stutter. It almost made me cry as he spread his good words, albeit painfully.

That takes determination, I can only respect and honour that.

I heard him out, to the tune of an hour and change.

Then politely took the "WatchTower" magazine and bid him farewell. To do anything less would have been against my very code.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
we had mormons in the UK. They came around and chatted the first time, barely mentioned God. I was interested in what exactly the mormons believed so they gave me a book of mormon and I had a breif read. Also read up on the net. When they came back we asked them a lot of questions which of course they didnt answer but in a very long winded and friendly way. Eventually we had to tell them they shouldn't bother coming any more, but it was entertaining and informative.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
we had mormons in the UK. They came around and chatted the first time, barely mentioned God. I was interested in what exactly the mormons believed so they gave me a book of mormon and I had a breif read. Also read up on the net. When they came back we asked them a lot of questions which of course they didnt answer but in a very long winded and friendly way. Eventually we had to tell them they shouldn't bother coming any more, but it was entertaining and informative.
They came by here a few years ago, I said I would become a Mormon, but my wife wouldn't let me, she wasn't thrilled with the idea of me have to divide my time between her and my many other wives, lol. Nor my funds, lmao!!!

There are a few things that kinda irk me about the Mormon thing, they could be erroneous, but I don't like the idea of First Nations being the bad guys, and I'm not sure following the teachings of some that claimed he and he alone could see, read and translate the plates in a hat. But I could be wrong, I think I got most of that from South Park.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i dont know about the hat thing, but it seems that no one ever got a good look at the plates except him, and the plates mysteriously vanished afterwards, whichw as convenient. Also it's interesting to note that if you read the book of mormon, it reads exactly like a man of the 18th/19th century trying to write in a biblical style, with a profusion of yeas and verilys.