*shaking* Called 9/11... thought someone was breaking in...

westmanguy
Yeah, the best trick is to invite them in and do what they are doing to you.

Get the Bible out and preach to them, and they'll run out of there quick!

AmberEyes
I actually have a creepy break in story.

It happened just over a year ago, after I first moved into this place. I live in a basement suite in a fairly decent, but older neighbourhood. The place is okay... definitely needs some work. The front door, when I first moved in, didn't have a working lock - we never felt the need to lock it anyway. With a house FULL of people, it didn't seem that important. One night, when my roomate was gone, I awoke suddenly for no good reason. After a moment or two I could hear the dog upstairs barking like crazy, which is very unusual for her to do. I glanced at the clock - 4:00am. From the corner of my eye I saw some movement - and then there, standing in the doorway, was a tall and lanky man, about 6'0'' tall. I didn't scream, I very quietly spoke into the silence and said "Who are you?"

The guy immediately came closer (I think I might have cowered a bit, for he then stopped suddenly) and said "Don't you remember me?"

I said "No, I've never seen you before in my life! What are you doing in my house??" IN which he replied, "I'm here to pleasure you." At this point I started to freak out... however, I wasn't wearing anything and was hesitant to get out of bed lest he see my nakedness. I just sat there and tried to talk him into leaving - it failed. Eventually he turned away and I snatched the opportunity to throw my pajamas on. He then sat on my bed and started talking some more... he didn't really seem all that threatening, so instead of screaming and making the situation worse I talked to him rather quietly.

He started talking about all of his marital problems, of how his wife always cheated on him and he felt horrible. Being the nice person I am I tried to counsell him and told him he should go home to his wife who probably misses him very much. I think this is what convinced him, because he got up and started walking towards the door. He then turned back and kept saying he wanted to pleasure me. (I think he was very drunk, or on drugs, or something). At this point I very firmly said "Get out of me house!" over and over, everytime raising my voice. He then asked me "Why are you yelling at me?" and I kinda laughed and said "BECAUSE YOUR IN MY HOUSE DAMNIT!" "IT's 4:30 in the f***ing morning, are you stupid??" at which point he promptly turned around and left.

I was rather angry afterwards until I tried to go back to sleep - then the fear settled in. I kept wondering if he was goign to come back - and there wasn't much I could do to stop him from coming in. There were no locks on the doors! The next morning I told my landlady, who called the police, who couldn't figure out why I didn't call them after it happened. That day new locks were put on the doors and the dogs were let outside at night incase anybody comes around.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberEyesView Post

I actually have a creepy break in story.

OH... MY.... GAWD Amber. Creepy is the hugest understatement I've heard in a LONG time.

El Barto
same here

AmberEyes
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

OH... MY.... GAWD Amber. Creepy is the hugest understatement I've heard in a LONG time.

Heh yeah... to this day I can't figure out how I managed to stay calm the entire time. As my mom suggested, I was probably too angry to be afraid.

karrie

Heh yeah... to this day I can't figure out how I managed to stay calm the entire time. As my mom suggested, I was probably too angry to be afraid.

Well, I think we tend to have an instinctive understanding about what a situation needs too. Fear doesn't really help much when you're in the midst of a threatening situation. Calm, reason, and even anger, can all be helpful though.

selfactivated

Anger can keep us alive sometimes. But I really think it was your quick thinking and compassion that saved your cute derier! But if I was your Mum Id ask the same question the police did LOL

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

OMG... I can't stop shaking.....

I think you're right to be suspicious and alarmed. That's not typical JW behaviour in my experience. If nobody answers the front door they'll stuff some pamphlets in your mailbox and move on. I've had them come around to the back yard when it was obvious from the noises that there was a gathering of people there, but whatever their flaws, they're generally respectful of property. They know they're strangers to you, so they won't pull into your driveway, they'll park at the end of the street and canvas the neighbourhood on foot, almost always with a 12-14 year old child. That's who they send to the door while an adult or two lurks halfway up the sidewalk. They know nobody will perceive a child as threatening.

At least that's how they behave where I live. Makes them easy to spot. You might have been visited by an unusually aggressive team, but I'm inclined to doubt it. That sounds like a pair of break and enter artists hoping to find a house with nobody home, and a prepared cover story.

Pangloss
Westman, from what you said, they sounded exactly like B&E crooks who wanted a plausable alibi in case the victim was at home. Thank goodness you met them close enough to the entrance that their Jo-Ho excuse had a chance of plausibility.

Glad you are still alive.

Pangloss