Some Thoughts For Modern Times

sanctus

By: James Fairhurst

1. THE journey of a thousand miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaking tire.
2. IT is always darkest before dawn. So if you are going to steal your neighbors newspaper and milk, that is the time to do it.
3. DO not be irreplaceable. If you cannot be replaced, you cannot be promoted.
4. ALWAYS remember that you are unique, just like everybody else.
5. IF you think nobody cares if you are alive, try missing a few car installments.
6. BEFORE you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.
7. IF at first you do not succeed, skydiving is not for you.
8. GIVE a man a fish and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in the boat and drink beer all day.
9. If you lend someone 20 pounds and you never see that person again, it was probably worth it.
10. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

El Barto
Sanctus , I honestly cring when you start a thread, but this one was a good one.
I like number 5. That line could probably be used on a suicide hot line to break the ice.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by El BartoView Post

Sanctus , I honestly cring when you start a thread, but this one was a good one.
I like number 5. That line could probably be used on a suicide hot line to break the ice.

Assuming you mean "cringe", my suggestion would be to refrain from reading threads I start. That should take care of your need to cringe.

Curiosity
Sanctus/ElBarto

Even cringing demonstrates a reaction..... which in turn means the writing has elicited a response.

It's when you read something which has no effect on your brain, heart, nervous system, now that's worth a pass along.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Sanctus/ElBarto

Even cringing demonstrates a reaction..... which in turn means the writing has elicited a response.

It's when you read something which has no effect on your brain, heart, nervous system, now that's worth a pass along.

Very true, very true indeed.

Curiosity
Morning Sanctus

I see you aren't on the forum - just wanted to wish you a serene Sunday.

missile
Sunday's the major workday for priests Not that they don't work all the other days.

Curiosity
Missile

Serenity would be a good place to be in while working no?

El Barto
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

Assuming you mean "cringe", my suggestion would be to refrain from reading threads I start. That should take care of your need to cringe.

Nice how you can be so trivial, taking the high road again. So bitter of you. This was to be a fun thread. Should I pray for you?