Would you kill another human being under certain circumstances?

Choose:

• Under certain situations, I could take a human life

Votes: 32 91.4%
  • Regardless of the situation, I could NEVER take another human life

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Would you join the military and kill the enemy for your country?

If someone was attacking you, would you kill them, to save yourself?

If someone hurt someone you loved, in front of you, would you kill them?

If justice wasn't served to someone you loved, would you take justice into your own hands?

Many questions, about what it would take for you to take another human life.

If Canada was in a World War, and I was ready and able, I would join the military.
If I was in a kill or be killed situation, I would kill that attacker.
If someone close to me (may it be a friend, parent, child, etc.) was hurt or murdered in front of me I would kill them.
If, a close one I loved was murdered or damaged for the rest of their lives, and the courts did not serve justice, and I had the oppurtunity, I would seriously consider killing that human being.

What I am getting at is, almost every human being given the forumula for a certain situation would kill another human being.

This is sort of a spinoff from china's thread, but her thread was about animals and war.

So my question for you is, under what circumstances could YOU kill another human being? Or would you never kill under any circumstance?

I know alot of mothers that could easily kill anyone who hurts their child, including my mom, most mothers would kill without though, if their child was killed in front of them.

So that is the question to debate! What circumstance would it take you to kill another human life!?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Only one way could I ever take a human life. If that person was about to take someone else's. I am willing to take a life to save a life, and not in the theoretical 'he's about to kill someone' context of war. I mean in the real, hands on respect.

As for your example of a mother killing someone for killing her child... no, not a reality for me. Killing in retaliation isn't justifiable for me.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'd have to make room for the bodies. Too many in my basement as it is.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'd have to make room for the bodies. Too many in my basement as it is.
See, this is where foresight comes in handy.

I have a real big freezer, I hunt, so my neighbours would not be surprided at pools of blood in my yard, I have two really close friends, one owns the local equipment rental(woodchipper, no paper trail) and the other owns a pig farm.

Ya follow me here?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss

I have a real big freezer, I hunt, so my neighbours would not be surprided at pools of blood in my yard, I have two really close friends, one owns the local equipment rental(woodchipper, no paper trail) and the other owns a pig farm.

Ya follow me here?

That would have been good for a chuckle if I didn't have a friend who worked the dig on the Pickton farm. *shudders*

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

Ya follow me here?
I have lots of exhuming to do.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That would have been good for a chuckle if I didn't have a friend who worked the dig on the Pickton farm. *shudders*
See this is where hindsight comes in handy, cause in hinsight, I can now see that that post was in bad taste at present.

Please excuse me as I go remove both my feet from my mouth and look into reconstructive surgery to avoid repeating such an insensitive post. In all sincerity, my humblest apologies. I really did forget about that whole mess and the large BC population here at CC.

Reactions: karrie

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
It's our only direct connection to civilization. The cougars and deer stopped listening to us.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's our only direct connection to civilization. The cougars and deer stopped listening to us.
rotflmffao!!!

I got that problem here to. At first I thought they went deaf from the shotgun blasts, so I switched to a bow. But they still ignore me dammit!!!

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
rotflmffao!!!

I got that problem here to. At first I thought they went deaf from the shotgun blasts, so I switched to a bow. But they still ignore me dammit!!!

Ha ha. Hey Bear, a few years ago my friend accidently killed a deer at the local golf course. No lie. Those damn things have no fear of anything out there. One was standing about 50 yards in front of the tee box. My friend thought what are the chances anyway, he normally can't hit the broad side of a barn. Line drive..nailed it right in the head. It was taken away to a local butcher shop.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I can't imagine any situation where i'd kill another human under my own will. I'd hope that living in a civilised country and having brains would mean i never have to. I'd never join any military for the very reason that military organisations are organisations in which people are expected to kill or be killed.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Ha ha. Hey Bear, a few years ago my friend accidently killed a deer at the local golf course. No lie. Those damn things have no fear of anything out there. One was standing about 50 yards in front of the tee box. My friend thought what are the chances anyway, he normally can't hit the broad side of a barn. Line drive..nailed it right in the head. It was taken away to a local butcher shop.
For the last two years, I haven't needed to buy tags, the damn things keep running into traffic. I'm not greedy, I won't go kill them if I don't have to. But I do miss the hunt, lol.

Yes yes yes, before anyone asks, I eat road kill, but I have to see it hit or hit it myself. I don't go Ma and Pa'in down the hiways with a shovel.

The best part about the suits moving out to my neck of the woods is, they don't have clue one what to do when the Deer they just hit is floppin' around the ditch. Last year a suit puked on my wife as I slit the Deers throat. She wasn't happy, guess who she blamed? This year I watched a befuddled Deer jump right infront of a lil SUV. flopped right over the top. Suit in the SUV stood staring at the Deer in the ditch. I asked if he wanted it, he said "what am I going to do with that?" So I said I'ld take it, he said ok, I then told him if he had a not the stomach for blood, to wait by my truck and give my wife his details(my butcher wants all the details, we live in hunting country, the MNR are always checking the butchers).

I'm thinking of getting my Turkey ticket, so I can actually go hunting this year, lmao.

Vereya

Council Member
Apr 20, 2006
Tula
Yes, I would kill anyone, who would attempt to kill me, or someone I love. But I really hope that I will never find myself in such a situation.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
See this is where hindsight comes in handy, cause in hinsight, I can now see that that post was in bad taste at present.

Please excuse me as I go remove both my feet from my mouth and look into reconstructive surgery to avoid repeating such an insensitive post. In all sincerity, my humblest apologies. I really did forget about that whole mess and the large BC population here at CC.

In life, almost no joke is free of the possibility to make someone think "wow, that was really insensitive given my personal experiences." I wasn't meaning to chastise you.. like I said, it would have been good for a chuckle. Please, no surgery needed. lol.