Day Light Saving time

Ron in Regina
+2
I'm sure glad this DST thing happens on a Sunday, as I live in a province that
doesn't do the DST thing....but it seems my smartclock alarm clock automatically
adjusted itself for DST sometime in the night...and that might have made me late
for anything planned early this morning...which in this case was nothing at all.

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

doesn't do the DST thing....but it seems my smartclock alarm clock automatically
adjusted itself for DST sometime in the night...and that might have made me late
for anything planned early this morning...which in this case was nothing at all.

Well I do change the clock where I am and what I love the most about it is I usually forget so you get this sweet realization sometime during the day that you have more Sunday ahead of you than you thought a moment ago.

Sometimes it's the little things in life, you know?

Ron in Regina
+4
#33  Top Rated Post
I don't set the time on the clock I'd mentioned above. I just plug it into the wall
and it automaticly sets itself. I discovered this DTS feature by accident (about
six months back, I guess), but with us not observing DST...it wasn't memorable.

All DST means out here is to go buy a couple more 9V batteries for the smoke
detectors.

SLM

I don't set the time on the clock I'd mentioned above. I just plug it into the wall
and it automaticly sets itself. I discovered this DTS feature by accident (about

detectors.

Most of my clocks are all automatic now, cell phone, computer, cable box, etc. It's all connected but there is the old stove clock, microwave, wrist watch and my clock radio is 'old school', gotta change it myself.

taxslave

detectors.

Good to remind people of that. Our fire dep. gives out free smoke alarm batteries.

CHanging the clocks doesn't work when you have animals. They still want to be fed at the same time.

DaSleeper
+1
I would have thought that my new car, with onstar and all the bells and whistles would adjust automatically? but naaah, I had to open and read the manual to change the time this morning.......

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslaveView Post

Good to remind people of that. Our fire dep. gives out free smoke alarm batteries.

Smart thinking, if that saves the firemen one or two trips to a fire (or even more important one life) then the cost is well worth it.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

I would have thought that my new car, with onstar and all the bells and whistles would adjust automatically? but naaah, I had to open and read the manual to change the time this morning.......

Is your car equipped with a G.P.S.? For your car clock to perform that function I think it would have to "know" where it is.

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Is your car equipped with a G.P.S.? For your car clock to perform that function I think it would have to "know" where it is.

Onstar has a navigation system (Which I don't use and will not subscribe to when the six month is over) but I guess it is not connected to the clock.
But after changing the time this morning, I noticed that it's a lot simpler than my truck was......so I won't have to check the manual every six months like I did for fifteen years

Six months is too long to remember something....

L Gilbert
+4
oh yay. it's the regurgitate-the-same-biannual-idiocy-time again.
3 clocks and 2 watches to set. Haven't bothered to change the clock in my truck for years. And I'd like to jam a few clocks up the gov't's hoop.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

3 clocks and 2 watches to set. Haven't bothered to change the clock in my truck for years. And I'd like to jam a few clocks up the gov't's hoop.

What? And piss the cows off!

petros
That health damaging time change crap is still going on?

WLDB

doesn't do the DST thing....

Its a pretty pointless practice. Saskatchewan doesnt seem to be suffering without it. I'd like to get rid of it.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

Last I heard they did it for the cows. You know they need to be milked on time. But with the invetion of the electric light I don't see the point at all. The energy saving is BS because if the sun is not steaming in your window then you will put the lights on anyway.

I think the idea was that the sun would cooperate and obey the law too. But that didn't happen. What penalties are there for disobedience?

Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I never change my watch to DST.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

What? And piss the cows off!

Naw! My wife doesn't care. She sleeps all the time anyways. It's like she's absent except when shopping is involved. Money knows no time.