Face of Jesus in baby scan

Blackleaf
Scan with 'face of Jesus' shows baby really is a miracle

9th March 2007

A mum-to-be who'd been told she would never have children is convinced she's carrying a real miracle baby - after seeing Jesus's face in her ultrasound scan.

Amanda Mclean, 23, from Glasgow, suffers from a condition called endometriosis, and doctors had always told her she had less than a one-in-ten chance of giving birth to a healthy child.

Image of Christ?: Amanda McLean believes the scan of the baby girl she thought she'd never have shows the face of Jesus. Look carefully and you'll see what looks like a man's moustachioed and bearded face. Is there someone looking after their child?

But Amanda fell pregnant in the autumn after trying for a baby for a year and a half and suffering two miscarriages.

She and her fiance James, 24, were delighted and started planning their wedding for before the baby was born.

Amanda McLean with the scan

They went for a blessing with the local minister and, just days later, she saw what she thinks is Jesus's face in an ultrasound scan of their unborn little girl.

Amanda, of Springboig, explained: "It was the weirdest thing ever - it really made me feel quite strange, but in a good way.

"Up until that scan, the hospital had been really worried about the preganancy - but from then on, things just turned around so much.

"The baby started kicking much more and got stronger every day. In fact, they're saying now that she could be early because she's so big.

"I didn't always go to church regularly before, but now I'm there all the time. I really feel that someone up there is looking after our little girl before she even gets here.

"It's an amazing feeling."

Amanda and James met about a year and a half ago and went through two heartbreaking miscarriages before finally getting pregnant in September.

But the doctors and nurses looking after the mum-to-be were very anxious because of her condition, and had her in and out for check-ups every week.

Amanda and James were warned that they had to take each day at a time and not plan too far into the future.

But they decided that, if their baby survived, they wanted to be her married mum and dad when she arrived.

So they started planning a family wedding in Glasgow with Church of Scotland minister Reverend Bill Muir.

In the middle of January, he had a chat with the couple about their impending marriage, and gave them and the baby an impromptu blessing for the future.

Just days later, Amanda started feeling kicks from the baby doctors were worried wouldn't even make it into the world.

And just a week after the blessing, they went for an ultrasound scan at hospital - which turned out to have miraculous results.

Amanda explained: "We saw the first scan and it was just normal - we were delighted the wee one was looking healthy and everything was in the right place.

"Then they snapped another image just two minutes later, and the baby had moved loads.

"I saw the face of Jesus just next to her head - it's kind of part of her face and body in the shadows and spaces.

"It's amazing - she's definitely going to be a special kid."

dailymail.co.uk
Last edited by Blackleaf; Mar 9th, 2007 at 12:54 PM..

darkbeaver
I wish I had some pot like that.

darkbeaver
Wait a little while I just remembered I do have some pot like that, I'll go have a few hits and come back and review the evidence, that's scientific ain't it.

darkbeaver
If I had been instructed same as the mother but with a differant world view I'd have seen Fidel Castro, thank saint Bud, it's just a blurry blob of pre-human-somethinorother.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by BlackleafView Post

Scan with 'face of Jesus' shows baby really is a miracle

Looks more like Osama bin Laden to me. Better call Homeland Security.

darkbeaver
Hey Missle I looked again fast after your post and there he his Osama himself, there is a reward you know.

darkbeaver
We've both seen a lot of Osama stuff though eh.

L Gilbert
Osama Bin Hidin? Can't see that. I was kinda thinkin it looks like the Phantom of the opera.

#juan
The image escapes me entirely, but I wish the parents well..

darkbeaver
The lower right corner you'll see his chin and beard his heads on an 45 degree angle. look diagonally up from that corner

DurkaDurka
Half of his head is missing.

#juan
That image is a bit of a stretch....could be Don Cherry... That would be unfortunate for the wee bugger..

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

That image is a bit of a stretch....could be Don Cherry... That would be unfortunate for the wee bugger..

I don't see one of his signature collars Juan...

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

I don't see one of his signature collars Juan...

Exactly. His little neck isn't long enough yet..-D

DurkaDurka

Exactly. His little neck isn't long enough yet..-D

But he has an adult sized skull? It's an alien masquerading as don cherry and jesus combined into one.

#juan
We should keep an eye on this one. If the kid has a great slap shot, we should be suspicious. If he only talks a great slap shot, it's Grapes all the way.

eh1eh
Holy Crap! My friggin' toast this morning looked more like Jesus. I think God may strike her down for making a false 'Jesus Image' claim.
Last edited by eh1eh; Mar 9th, 2007 at 02:54 PM..Reason: sp

L Gilbert

Half of his head is missing.

That's the mask of the phantom.

L Gilbert

But he has an adult sized skull? .

lol
Looked at Juan's avatar lately?

darkbeaver
What does the birth of the anti-doncherry portent? Is there some bible story that fortells evil of that magnitude.

#juan
Could there be anything more evil than the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup? (sorry Durka)

DurkaDurka

Could there be anything more evil than the Leafs winning the Stanley Cup? (sorry Durka)

That's a low blow Juan. But sadly I agree with you.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

lol
Looked at Juan's avatar lately?

are you implying that Juan is the one pictured in that womens belly? lol.

eh1eh

The last thing they need is the Cup. They charge too much now. And still sell out. Go figure.

DurkaDurka
The story of Juan's avatar emerging from the womb of an english women is a story few people know of...

snfu73
I don't even see a picture of a baby in that ultrasound, let alone the face of jesus. Man. That's stretching things a bit. I remember someone had a grilled cheese sandwich a few years ago with the face of jesus on it, and it actually looked like the face of jesus...and looked pretty tasty too. Mmmmm....girllled cheeeeze.

darkbeaver
If the leafs win this year I will surrender myself at the gates of a Christin Monestary and devote the remaining years of my life to radishes while I wait for the second coming. Davy Keon played in the last game I watched all the way through. Armstrong, Horton, Mahovolich, that was a good game 1965 wasn't it, I.m afraid I shouldn't have made a vow like that.

#juan

The story of Juan's avatar emerging from the womb of an english women is a story few people know of...

THere was a story of something of #juan's emerging from an English woman, but I don't think it was his avatar.

L Gilbert

are you implying that Juan is the one pictured in that womens belly? lol.

lol nope but if you look at his tacky lil bowtie you cn see an image of Buddha.

eh1eh

THere was a story of something of #juan's emerging from an English woman, but I don't think it was his avatar.

I'm sorry. I have a really good comment for this but it is far too vulgar and dirty. It was good though.