Face of Jesus in baby scan

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Scan with 'face of Jesus' shows baby really is a miracle

9th March 2007

A mum-to-be who'd been told she would never have children is convinced she's carrying a real miracle baby - after seeing Jesus's face in her ultrasound scan.

Amanda Mclean, 23, from Glasgow, suffers from a condition called endometriosis, and doctors had always told her she had less than a one-in-ten chance of giving birth to a healthy child.

Image of Christ?: Amanda McLean believes the scan of the baby girl she thought she'd never have shows the face of Jesus. Look carefully and you'll see what looks like a man's moustachioed and bearded face. Is there someone looking after their child?

But Amanda fell pregnant in the autumn after trying for a baby for a year and a half and suffering two miscarriages.

She and her fiance James, 24, were delighted and started planning their wedding for before the baby was born.

Amanda McLean with the scan

They went for a blessing with the local minister and, just days later, she saw what she thinks is Jesus's face in an ultrasound scan of their unborn little girl.

Amanda, of Springboig, explained: "It was the weirdest thing ever - it really made me feel quite strange, but in a good way.

"Up until that scan, the hospital had been really worried about the preganancy - but from then on, things just turned around so much.

"The baby started kicking much more and got stronger every day. In fact, they're saying now that she could be early because she's so big.

"I didn't always go to church regularly before, but now I'm there all the time. I really feel that someone up there is looking after our little girl before she even gets here.

"It's an amazing feeling."

Amanda and James met about a year and a half ago and went through two heartbreaking miscarriages before finally getting pregnant in September.

But the doctors and nurses looking after the mum-to-be were very anxious because of her condition, and had her in and out for check-ups every week.

Amanda and James were warned that they had to take each day at a time and not plan too far into the future.

But they decided that, if their baby survived, they wanted to be her married mum and dad when she arrived.

So they started planning a family wedding in Glasgow with Church of Scotland minister Reverend Bill Muir.

In the middle of January, he had a chat with the couple about their impending marriage, and gave them and the baby an impromptu blessing for the future.

Just days later, Amanda started feeling kicks from the baby doctors were worried wouldn't even make it into the world.

And just a week after the blessing, they went for an ultrasound scan at hospital - which turned out to have miraculous results.

Amanda explained: "We saw the first scan and it was just normal - we were delighted the wee one was looking healthy and everything was in the right place.

"Then they snapped another image just two minutes later, and the baby had moved loads.

"I saw the face of Jesus just next to her head - it's kind of part of her face and body in the shadows and spaces.

"It's amazing - she's definitely going to be a special kid."

dailymail.co.uk

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Wait a little while I just remembered I do have some pot like that, I'll go have a few hits and come back and review the evidence, that's scientific ain't it.:laughing7:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
If I had been instructed same as the mother but with a differant world view I'd have seen Fidel Castro, thank saint Bud, it's just a blurry blob of pre-human-somethinorother.:laughing7::laughing7::wave:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
The image escapes me entirely, but I wish the parents well..:?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That image is a bit of a stretch....could be Don Cherry... That would be unfortunate for the wee bugger..:-D

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We should keep an eye on this one. If the kid has a great slap shot, we should be suspicious. If he only talks a great slap shot, it's Grapes all the way.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Holy Crap! My friggin' toast this morning looked more like Jesus. I think God may strike her down for making a false 'Jesus Image' claim.:angel8:

Last edited: