Come on guys!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm in a massive amount of pain today, with the worst flare up I've had in months. I'm stressed, I'm bored, and I have no one around to vent on. I thought I'd pop on here and at least get distracted in some lively conversation, and the one night I really need it, the forum's DEAD!!!

Perk up folks! Entertain me! lol!

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
here's a chuckle for ya then Karrie... hope whatever's ailing ya lets up soon...

I THINK YOU'RE THE FATHER OF ONE OF MY KIDS.........

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful blond woman waves
at him and says hello. He's rather taken aback, because he can't place
where he knows her from. So he says, "Do you Know me?"

To which she replies, "I think you're the father of one of my kids."

Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful
to his wife and says, "My God, are you the stripper from my
party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies
watching, while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery???"

She looks into his eyes and calmly says,

"No, I'm your son's math teacher."

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
how 'bout another? ( a little un-p.c. but what the heck..)

Bono is at a U2 concert in Halifax, Nova Scotia, when he asks the audience for some quiet.

Then, in the silence, he starts to slowly clap his hands.

He says into the microphone, in a deep solemn voice...

"Just for a moment, think outside yourself...outside this arena.

Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies."

A loud Newfie voice from near the front pierces the moment...

"Well, Lard tunderin' jaysus, ya stupid arse, stop yer fockin' clappin', then!"

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
"Well, Lard tunderin' jaysus, ya stupid arse, stop yer fockin' clappin', then!"

Hehehe... reminds me of my son. "Mom, my nose hurts when I push on it like this"..... at which point he presses it sideways. lol. "Well quit pushing it!"

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
here's a chuckle for ya then Karrie... hope whatever's ailing ya lets up soon...

I THINK YOU'RE THE FATHER OF ONE OF MY KIDS.........

A guy goes to the supermarket and notices a beautiful blond woman waves
at him and says hello. He's rather taken aback, because he can't place
where he knows her from. So he says, "Do you Know me?"

To which she replies, "I think you're the father of one of my kids."

Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful
to his wife and says, "My God, are you the stripper from my
party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies
watching, while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery???"

She looks into his eyes and calmly says,

"No, I'm your son's math teacher."
He could follow it up with "well how would you like to be?"

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I'm in a massive amount of pain today, with the worst flare up I've had in months. I'm stressed, I'm bored, and I have no one around to vent on. I thought I'd pop on here and at least get distracted in some lively conversation, and the one night I really need it, the forum's DEAD!!!

Perk up folks! Entertain me! lol!

Im making a pressy, and earings to sell LOL sorry your down Love. Go take a peek in the Pagan thread *giggle* You'll feel better ;)

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Im making a pressy, and earings to sell LOL sorry your down Love. Go take a peek in the Pagan thread *giggle* You'll feel better ;)

Ah, you know me so well! lol. I really need to get my design scanned in soon so I can show it off. My little brother is talking about getting some work done once I move to Edmonton, and wants to take me with him so I can see some of the shops there and see if I can't find one I trust. But, on a day like today, when my pain levels are so horrid, I have a hard time imagining a time when I can handle getting one done.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
;) Ya KNOW I know ya LOL I AM getting mine this year! I swear Ive waited to damn long for it now. Thats why Im selling the earings. As soon as Ive designed one I'll post it. You can tell me how it looks. First Ostara Pressies though. I bought daisy seed for the group.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
:smilebox: Well Karrie lingering in my mind is a 'shirtless picture of you'. Not as advertised but very nice non the less. Here's some stupid jokes to pester your kids with. I know they help me keep things going with mine.

How do you spell elephant?
E-l-l-e-e-f-a-n-t
"That's not how the dictionary spells it"
"You didn't ask me how the dictionary spelt it!"

Teacher: "Name six wild animals"
Pupil:"Four elephants and two lions!"

What do you call an elephant that lies across the middle of a tennis court?
Annette!

Bill: "My homework is really difficult tonight, I've to write an essay on an elephant."?
Bert: "Well, for a start your going to need a big ladder.." Why do elephants do well in school?
Because they have a lot of grey matter!

Sure hope you can soldier though.:wave:

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
;) Ya KNOW I know ya LOL I AM getting mine this year! I swear Ive waited to damn long for it now. Thats why Im selling the earings. As soon as Ive designed one I'll post it. You can tell me how it looks. First Ostara Pressies though. I bought daisy seed for the group.

That's a nice idea Tam. Creative outlet, extra money, all good things. Daisy seeds, what a nice idea!

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
:smilebox: Well Karrie lingering in my mind is a 'shirtless picture of you'. Not as advertised but very nice non the less.

Sure hope you can soldier though.:wave:

Heehee, cute jokes. And I have to heartily disagree... the shirtless pic was exactly as I advertised, just not where your mind may have went with it. lol.

It's nice being able to raz people a bit and keep them on their toes. That little chat was a hoot and a half.

I can guarantee I'll be able to soldier through this flare up alright. It's just ten times harder when hubby's away. No one around to help with the kids, no one to help lift my spirits. I can't wait to move and not have him gone constantly like this. He's a HUGE help to me, and a great support. A virtual saint. lol.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I'm sorry your in pain. If you don't mind me asking, what is the condition that causes you this?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
LOL Im full of ideas when Im centered ;) How YOU feeling? Better?

I hate to throw myself pity parties, I find it just makes it all ten times worse. But I'm absolutely blown away by how much pain I'm in today. I haven't had a day this bad for a long time. If I could run away from my own body right now, I would. It hurts to sit, hurts to stand, hurts to lie down. Argh! I hate taking anything for the pain, but I simply can't avoid it tonight.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I'm sorry your in pain. If you don't mind me asking, what is the condition that causes you this?

I have fibromyalgia. Normally I can cope pretty well. I've managed to develop a pretty good balance in my life, but SOMETHING is off today. lol. Actually, as I was just typing this I realized that the shift in the weather is probably the major culprit. We're human barometers. Very frustrating.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I hate to throw myself pity parties, I find it just makes it all ten times worse. But I'm absolutely blown away by how much pain I'm in today. I haven't had a day this bad for a long time. If I could run away from my own body right now, I would. It hurts to sit, hurts to stand, hurts to lie down. Argh! I hate taking anything for the pain, but I simply can't avoid it tonight.

My arthritis flares up so bad I cant breath. I refuse pain meds and I have no tub. Best I can do is this theropy My friend taught me for pain management. Its a new thing from sweeden

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
My arthritis flares up so bad I cant breath. I refuse pain meds and I have no tub. Best I can do is this theropy My friend taught me for pain management. Its a new thing from sweeden

If I'm not careful how I sleep, my rib cage flares up and I can barely breathe all day. For that kind of pain, nothing really helps. For the stiff muscle pain I get, alcohol helps with a minimum of side effects, so it's pretty much the only thing I can turn to for relief. Accupuncture helped for a while, until I started reacting to the needles. lol. I've gone through so many therapy options and had them all fall flat. If you have any info to share on what you do, I'd love to hear it.