Does anyone like Dr. Laura?

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

the following quote got her into some difficulty:

McCARTHYISM
"The well-funded and well-connected homosexual activist movement has become the McCarthyism of the 21st century."

- 5/13/00, Deseret News.

I guess she mustn't like Republicans since there are so many in that particular movement ...

Huh?

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

Just curious, why do you find her judgemental. I find she makes you thing. I don't always agree, but she certainly makes me think about thing. Sometimes. I am right occasionally.

She hears two sentences about a relationship problem and can come to an absolute ironclad solution? In two minutes on radio she can completely assess a situation and provide the correct advice? Nonsense.

snfu73
I dislike Dr. Laura very much...that's about all I can say.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

She hears two sentences about a relationship problem and can come to an absolute ironclad solution? In two minutes on radio she can completely assess a situation and provide the correct advice? Nonsense.

Hmmm. After working with the genera; public, I know how to deal with anyone after talking to them for three seconds. People are predictable.

If you listen, she's right, very often.

snfu73
I think it is all perspective....she is right if you want her to be right...if you have the same outlook....but if you don't you see her as being wrong.

Said1
Quote: Originally Posted by snfu73View Post

I think it is all perspective....she is right if you want her to be right...if you have the same outlook....but if you don't you see her as being wrong.

She doesn't feed my ego. Like I said, when I was younger, I disagreed with her. Now That I'm older, I'm all about resposibiliy and commitment, and stuff and junk.

Kreskin

Hmmm. After working with the genera; public, I know how to deal with anyone after talking to them for three seconds. People are predictable.

If you listen, she's right, very often.

She reminds of the delightfully simply medical solutions from the doc on Heehaw.

"Doc, it hurts when I do this"..*rotates shoulder*.

"Well don't do that!"

People like the decisive "put em in their place" style but it's mostly hot air if you ask me.

snfu73
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

She reminds of the delightfully simply medical solutions from the doc on Heehaw.

"Doc, it hurts when I do this"..*rotates shoulder*.

"Well don't do that!"

People like the decisive "put em in their place" style but it's mostly hot air if you ask me.

Wow...yuou put it well...I completely agree!

talloola

She doesn't feed my ego. Like I said, when I was younger, I disagreed with her. Now That I'm older, I'm all about resposibiliy and commitment, and stuff and junk.

Well, I am a lot older than "her", and I could give her a few lessons on "how to treat people" period.
She has gotton way past "herself" , is full of her own "importance", has lost track of how real people
live, has heard too much, and is programmed with her answers, it's time for her to hang em up.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Huh?

... a reference to Log Cabins and others ...

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Heh heh, maybe Shel and I should write a book about relationships. Half a dozen 3 page chapters and one 300 page chapter on makin whooppee.

Hey, I'd buy that one! Not that I think you and Shel can teach us anything new about makin' whoopee, but I'm always interested in other people's ideas.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

Is she very popular in the USA?

no..

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

no..

Good.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

Hey, I'd buy that one! Not that I think you and Shel can teach us anything new about makin' whoopee, but I'm always interested in other people's ideas.

I'm not quite sure that I could say anything you haven't already figgered out, my friend.

tracy
I heard her ranting to a mother of an autistic child once and that was enough for me. She's extremely judgemental. I'd have a lot more respect for someone like that if they walked the walk, but she obviously didn't in her own life so I don't see why she should be so rude to others for making their mistakes.

Toro
I like Dr. Phil.

And Jerry Springer.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by ToroView Post

I like Dr. Phil.

And Jerry Springer.

Philip is an aragant oppinionated TEXAN.........nough said!

Kreskin
Morton Downey Jr, great advice.

talloola

Philip is an aragant oppinionated TEXAN.........nough said!

So then, theres two.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

So then, theres two.

Theres a whole STATE full thats why I left!

talloola

Theres a whole STATE full thats why I left!

Seems like you made a wise choice