The Good Father

temperance
How does this happen,did the church not realize this guy had major problems and would just re offend ??? I watched the story a few nights ago ,how the church handled this and may others is very bothersome --the problems don't just stop , I'm sure little boys that have been bothered have then turned into the bothers later in life and the cycle continues

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/goodfather/

For four decades, Father Charles Sylvestre tended a number of Catholic parishes in southwestern Ontario. He had committed his life to serving God on earth.

But, during that time, Father Sylvestre had a secret - he sexually molested little girls between the ages of 7 and 14 and, for years, he got away with it because the church kept silent, protecting the priest and its own public image.

the fifth estate's Hana Gartner investigates the story of Father Sylvestre, through the testimony of some of his victims, police interrogation video, and senior members of the Catholic clergy.

VISIT THE WEB FEATURE TO READ MORE ABOUT THIS STORY AND WATCH IT ONLINE

Curiosity
Temperance

What the article does not give for comparison are the number of "good fathers" who do not molest anyone including little ones....

The article could have been written about the "good teacher" which includes both genders who also
include molesters...

The article could have been written about the "good parents" a surprisingly large group who do molest their own children and some of the family members' children....

The Article could have been written about the "good neighbor" or the "good uncle/auntie" or "the good coach",or the "good music teacher" .....

Molestation does not belong to one profession, one life role, one life style, or even one gender.....

Disbelief would run rampant here if we were to know the actual numbers because they are so hidden within the privacy of the home, school, family, and the children's hearts and minds....

The real monster here is secrecy...