When you were a little kid...

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
This is a bit of random, pick-me-up kinda thread. Post stupid/funny things you thought/did/said as a child.

When I was really little, I used to feed my sister poo. (It's disgusting I know).

When I was little I used to walk around in my dad's huge shoes with no clothes on except giant socks. I did this everyday, I don't know why.

I fed my sister plant food.

I thought that boys were most definitely another species, and there was no way that us girls, so perfect, could be related in any way to boys.

Not very funny I know.. I'm thinking though.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
My dad told me that mountain goats had one pair of legs longer than the other, and they always walked up the mountain until they got to the top, and then they died of starvation

I believed it for ages

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
I also used to believe that "irritating" was spelled "earitating" and therefore was to do with sounds. My parents used to say stop that and i'd say, why? and they say because it's irritating, and i'd respond but it's not making any noise

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
When I was 2 I tried to help my Sis learn to walk........Gandma used to call me Little Mother LOL I never grew outta it LOL anyway I tied a string around her waist (yes I was percosious) and pulled her saying "Walk Kimmy" and preceded to pull the poor child into the door! broke her nose :( She reminds me every chance she gets! Shes 42 (we're 11 months apart)

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
When I was a kid I used to tell people I was going to be president of the United States. Didn't have a clue I had to be a national. And I still think I'm the best president they never had.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
When I was a kid I didn't understand why the government didn't build a giant fan over the Vancouver Lower Mainland to get rid of the clouds and rain.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I used to be UTTERLY confused as to why someone would call a dish which collects cigarette butts something so bizarre as an 'asstree'. Why I always heard it that way is beyond me, but I was probably almost 7 before I realized it was ashtray.

When the song 'Puff the Magic Dragon' would play, I was always confused by what kind of home you would have you you would need 'ceiling wax'. "little jackie paper loved that rascal puff
and brought him strings and sealing wax and other fancy stuff"

When I was probably about ten years old, I mortified my father by offering to shoot my favorite calf, which I had been handfeeding and singing to for weeks on end. Its hooves had been frostbitten, and it would hobble across the corals to see me when I got home from school, I'd curl up in a bale, and it would lie it's head in my lap and we'd snuggle and I'd sing. When it finally became clear its hooves were beyond saving, I overheard dad near to tears, telling mom it was time to kill the calf. He always had a hard time killing any of the livestock, but having watched this calf snuggle with me made it especially hard. So, not realizing I had overheard him, when it came time for dad to head to corals, gun in hand, he was horrified when I offered to do it for him. I can't even imagine how it must have seemed to him, and was too upset at his horrified expression to really explain myself.

gc

Electoral Member
May 9, 2006
If you swallow air (kind of like what you do when you want to burp) it makes you feel full because your stomach is full of air. I thought that could cure world hunger.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
I don't know gilbert, he gets really nervous when I get mad at my kids.
lol.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
lol. Karrie, you're a sadist. You should tell him. If he didn't figure it out, I would have thought your mum would have and told him. :D

Just occurred to me that I could have used someone like you around to combat my little sister's tendency to be a blabbermouth. 8O