David Suzuki's Rock bus Eco - Tour -Mr .Kyoto himself

BitWhys
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That's not my name...

figures that signature you were using was bull****. thanks for the confession, Luther.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by BitWhysView Post

figures that signature you were using was bull****. thanks for the confession, Luther.

Umm, it's a quote from Luther Standing Bear of the Lakota Sioux. It's not my quote, hence his name being there, giving him the credit. If you were able to follow along, you would know, I'm Onondaga of the Six Nations and my name is Bear. Try and keep up.

And you have the gull to call me an idiot???

Oh brother, that isn't much like the kettle trying to call the dish towel black.

L Gilbert

That's pretty funny coming from you, considering...
1) This lil tour can richly afford to replace the bus in a heart beat, with all the funds it recieves, both private and public.
2) The crying and whining you did when the public puse(read other peoples money) was closed to the SoW group.

Might be seen as being a tad hypocritical of you, non?

lol
The Suzuki entourage could bloody well afford to run around the countryside in electric vehicles, or even an electric bus, so I wonder why they chose diesel.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

lol
The Suzuki entourage could bloody well afford to run around the countryside in electric vehicles, or even an electric bus, so I wonder why they chose diesel.

Now you've done it, NotaBitwhys will be here in a flash to challenge you to prove that. And if you don't, he'll just call you names, like loudmouth. Or he might reserve that for those that expose his biases.

BitWhys

Umm, it's a quote from Luther Standing Bear of the Lakota Sioux. It's not my quote, hence his name being there, giving him the credit. If you were able to follow along, you would know, I'm Onondaga of the Six Nations and my name is Bear. Try and keep up.

And you have the gull to call me an idiot???

Oh brother, that isn't much like the kettle trying to call the dish towel black.

my mistake. and here I thought you'd at least actually stand behind all your yapping. I should have known better. Whatever your name is then (mine's pretty easy to figure out), Avro's gonna need that research before he hits the road.

BitWhys

Now you've done it, NotaBitwhys will be here in a flash to challenge you to prove that.

you just did it for me.

L Gilbert

The point being the quasi-conservatives expect Suzuki to act to a standard they themselves flatly refuse to seriously consider while Suzuki manages to lead by the example by making a pragmatic compromise the very possibility of which his detractors can't afford to acknowledge.

Its a fricking bus. What are they supposed to use? A small fleet of hybrids with no desk space?

Nope. As I suggested earlier, Suzuki & Co. could use an electric bus. If mines can use electricity to enable 250 ton trucks to haul ore around, a bus weighing 5 or 6 tons would be easy to come up with.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Like this bus for instance (they even have VIP buses)thegreenbus (external - login to view)

Here, Ton already did some foot work for him.

I'm not sure why I have to do Avro's research, or why you feel the need to challenge my claim without supplying any proof of your own, to the contrary, seems pretty hypocritical to me.

L Gilbert

Now you've done it, NotaBitwhys will be here in a flash to challenge you to prove that. And if you don't, he'll just call you names, like loudmouth. Or he might reserve that for those that expose his biases.

I was thinking more along the lines that he'd comment on the old stereotype of drunken Micks.

CDNBear

my mistake. and here I thought you'd at least actually stand behind all your yapping. I should have known better. Whatever your name is then (mine's pretty easy to figure out), Avro's gonna need that research before he hits the road.

All my yapping? You're the one stomping around like a child and calling people names. I think the name I figured you so richly deserve, isn't allowed under the terms of the site.

you just did it for me.

Just did what? Warn him of your impending silliness?

CDNBear

I was thinking more along the lines that he'd comment on the old stereotype of drunken Micks.

lmao, that ones tired, but I wouldn't put it by him. He seems to like the low road.

BitWhys

Nope. As I suggested earlier, Suzuki & Co. could use an electric bus. If mines can use electricity to enable 250 ton trucks to haul ore around, a bus weighing 5 or 6 tons would be easy to come up with.

right. and you'd be willing to let them plug in at your house on their way through the Rockies.

L Gilbert
........... and serve em coffee and sandwiches as well. Y not?
Don't forget, BW, I'm a rural friendly type, not an **** retentive walking bundle of neuroses like you might be.

CDNBear

rotflmffao, now that's funny.

BitWhys

Don't forget, BW, I'm a rural friendly type, not an **** retentive walking bundle of neuroses like you might be.

so you expect Suzuki to plan his entire tour around the kindness of strangers?

not much of a business plan.

the point is there's no infrastructure to support a nation-wide tour based on electric power. you guys are expecting Suzuki to make bricks out of straw.

Avro

I dunno.

but the next time you go on tour I'm sure standing b's research will be priceless.

You don't know or you won't admit your error.

We must all do our part, that includs those preaching to us about the enviroment.

Is it really that difficult to figure out?

Avro

so you expect Suzuki to plan his entire tour around the kindness of strangers?

not much of a business plan.

the point is there's no infrastructure to support a nation-wide tour based on electric power. you guys are expecting Suzuki to make bricks out of straw.

Actually I think they just expect him to lead by example.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by AvroView Post

Once again, I must thoroughly agree with you.

I won't claim to know the absolute fact of the matter, but I'm sure if someone from Suzuki's camp, were willing to do the leg work or the networking, they could have found sources to refuel/recharge at.

All the whining and bleating to the contrary seem only to deflect and justify a lack of foresight. Nothing more.

BitWhys

he is

its called carbon neutrality. like I said at the outside its a concept that's too difficult for some to grasp, let alone be good enough for those out to put him down.

Avro

he is

its called carbon neutrality. like I said at the outside its a concept that's too difficult for some to grasp.

Riding around in a diesel bus doesn't look very good and it is not leading by example.

Suzuki needs a lesson in PR like I said before.

So, I guess I'll go buy a Hummer but buy stocks in an environmentally friendly company.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Hmm....Eight people in a bus that could hold thirty. The prime minister often travels with a dozen people on an aircraft that could hold seventy. The president of the U.S. has travelled on a 747 with a few dozen people when the aircraft could carry at least three hundred.

I can't speak for Harper but Bush isn't the one screaming

"THE SKY IS FALLING!"

With regards to GW. This guy Suzuki is a liar and a hypocit. I particularly like the new Carbon Credit scam. Polute all you want and put a dollar amount to it... then invest that money in a green industry (or whatever).

Gore just got bagged pulling the same stuff. His household uses twice the power of an average American household.

"No worries" says Gore "I buy Carbon Credits."

These wealthy eco-nuts will never put a stop to their lifestyles or restrict their comfort in the least.

CDNBear

he is

its called carbon neutrality. like I said at the outside its a concept that's too difficult for some to grasp, let alone be good enough for those out to put him down.

You keep talking about it like it is some sort of magical advancement in science, beyond our grasp.

Quote:

Going carbon neutral is an easy way to take responsibility for the greenhouse gas emissions we create every time we drive our cars, take a plane, or turn on our computers. It's based on the principle that, since climate change is a global problem, an emission reduction made elsewhere has the same positive effect as one made locally.

Here's how it works: if you add polluting emissions to the atmosphere, you can effectively subtract them by purchasing 'carbon offsets'. Carbon offsets are simply credits for emission reductions achieved by projects elsewhere, such as wind farms, solar installations, or energy efficiency projects. By purchasing these credits, you can apply them to your own emissions and reduce your net climate impact. www.davidsuzuki.org/Climate_C...on_neutral.asp (external - login to view)

From Suzuki's own site. And a complete load of shyte. An easy way to take responsiblity?
My *** it is, it's an easy way to BS the masses, into buying the welfare scam.

So this somehow makes it all OK, because somewhere, somehow, somebody is making a difference? Just not Suzuki, just not for the next lil while?

Do you not see the waste of thought that is? That is the whole problem with the program he's pushing. I want real change across the board, land, sea and air. No trading of credits, not singluar visions of GHG as the worlds biggest issue. Total global anti polution action and now. Not some trumpt up global welfare scheme.

(btw, there's your proof Avro)

EagleSmack

Riding around in a diesel bus doesn't look very good and it is not leading by example.

Suzuki needs a lesson in PR like I said before.

So, I guess I'll go buy a Hummer but buy stocks in an environmentally friendly company.

This is a great post Avro. I have a feeling we are at opposite ends of the spectrum on this as I do not buy into GW at all. But if you do that is great. We are all entitled to believe what we want.

The thing that gets me is these folks tell the common man that THEY need to do something and time after time are caught hooping it up on private jets, SUVs (John Kerry owns a few), and now Rock Style Tour busses.

Your last line... well technically you would be OK in doing just that. Buy whatever you want, use as much power as you want as long as you buy Carbon Credits you should be good to go! However if you don't buy Carbon Credits or can't afford them you are baaaaaaaaad. You can pollute as long as you are rich.

By the way... how many Hollywood Stars carpooled to the Oscars prior to giving Al Gore a standing ovation on his work on the environment and GW? How many miles was the line of limos that sat in idle as each star was let off at the red carpet?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

This is a great post Avro. I have a feeling we are at opposite ends of the spectrum on this as I do not buy into GW at all. But if you do that is great. We are all entitled to believe what we want.

The thing that gets me is these folks tell the common man that THEY need to do something and time after time are caught hooping it up on private jets, SUVs (John Kerry owns a few), and now Rock Style Tour busses.

Your last line... well technically you would be OK in doing just that. Buy whatever you want, use as much power as you want as long as you buy Carbon Credits you should be good to go! However if you don't buy Carbon Credits or can't afford them you are baaaaaaaaad. You can pollute as long as you are rich.

Or a devoloping nation.

#juan
Quote:

With regards to GW. This guy Suzuki is a liar and a hypocit. I particularly like the new Carbon Credit scam. Polute all you want and put a dollar amount to it... then invest that money in a green industry (or whatever).

You don't know Suzuki and you don't have the education to criticize him. You sure as hell are not qualified to call him a liar. You are welcome to your opinions, but opinions based on ignorance don't carry a hell of a lot of weight. While Suzuki didn't invent Kyoto, the accord had some good points, namely getting the world to work together on GW. It needs improvement but so do we all.

Avro
That line is typical of one who does not fully understand Kyoto or what it is trying to do.

EagleSmack

Or a devoloping nation.

Developing... like China? lol

Another cowardly action by the Kyoto. Giving one of the worlds biggest economies and industrial base a developing nation status. What a crock. They knew China would tell them to stick it if they tried to get "green" tough with them. China could care less about the environment or what these green people think and the green people know that. So they gave a nation that has a manned space program a "developing" nation status.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Developing... like China? lol

Another cowardly action by the Kyoto. Giving one of the worlds biggest economies and industrial base a developing nation status. What a crock. They knew China would tell them to stick it if they tried to get "green" tough with them. China could care less about the environment or what these green people think and the green people know that. So they gave a nation that has a manned space program a "developing" nation status.

Considering China's infastructure and level of poverty I'd say it is a developing country.

EagleSmack

You don't know Suzuki and you don't have the education to criticize him. You sure as hell are not qualified to call him a liar. You are welcome to your opinions, but opinions based on ignorance don't carry a hell of a lot of weight. While Suzuki didn't invent Kyoto, the accord had some good points, namely getting the world to work together on GW. It needs improvement but so do we all.

I know enough of his tactics by reading about him. I have read some of the debates and have read how time and again he uses disinformation (see "lies") to further his agenda. Time and again he is called out and he avoids the question or makes up his own answers.

Now it has been pointed out that he is a hypocrit. White wash won't stick to dirt.

CDNBear

That line is typical of one who does not fully understand Kyoto or what it is trying to do.

Speaking of typical...

Anyone that deny's Kyoto or that GW is completely the result of mankind, is either ignorant, unintelleigent, an idiot and the list goes on all day.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news juan, but Suzuki is a liar...

Quote:

"To begin with, he suggests that if Canada fails to meet its Kyoto targets, we will become "international outlaws". (To hear the audio clip click here.)
This assertion is stunningly ignorant. The Kyoto Protocol is not criminal law by any standard. It is an agreement -- in other words, a contract, not unlike those that people enter into all the time. Parties to contracts sometimes find, for any number of reasons that they are unable to meet their obligations, forcing them to re-negotiate the terms of the contract, abrogate the contract, or simply repudiate it. Sometimes the act of breaking a contract is accompanied by penalties as stipulated in the agreement, and sometimes penalties are imposed by courts -- but when they are, it is always civil courts that impose penalties, never criminal courts. It seems that in David Suzuki's world, you would be branded an 'outlaw' if you lost your job and could no longer afford the mortgage payments you believed you could.
"It gets worse.
Having demonstrated how little he knows about the workings of international treaties, Suzuki dismisses questions about the scientific integrity of Kyoto, characterizing as "a lot of baloney" Oakley's observation that "a lot of scientists feel they're intimidated from speaking out..."
"2,500 scientists signed the IPCC...

Quote has been trimmed