Personality traits

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Just curious, how important is sense of humor? That is, if you're single, how high is that on list of character traits in a potential boyfriend/girlfriend and why?

AmberEyes

Sunshine
Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver Island
Just curious, how important is sense of humor? That is, if you're single, how high is that on list of character traits in a potential boyfriend/girlfriend and why?

Probably in the middle for me. I find that traits like intelligence and common sense are a higher priority, as well as ambition (a decent job) and respect. I wouldn't want to date a man who had no sense of humor, though. I tend to tease a lot.. a sense of humor is needed for that.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I don't t hink they necessarily have to make me laugh, just laugh at my jokes. :laughing7:

I've done the low ambition and iq thing.Boo. he sure was fun though.

Alexander

Electoral Member
Jan 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C.
#1 priority is kindness. A kind girl will laugh at your jokes even if they aren't funny.
A sense of humour is a bit lower on the totem pole, because female humour often involves sarcasm and I hate sarcasm.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
#1 priority is kindness. A kind girl will laugh at your jokes even if they aren't funny.
A sense of humour is a bit lower on the totem pole, because female humour often involves sarcasm and I hate sarcasm.

What do you prefer, sight gags?

If it's not funny, I don't laugh. I enjoy the ackward silence. <------ sarcasm.

Seriously though, I would prefer kindness as well; someone who is good natured and easy going.

Alexander

Electoral Member
Jan 31, 2007
Vancouver, B.C.
What do you prefer, sight gags?

If it's not funny, I don't laugh. I enjoy the ackward silence. <------ sarcasm.

Seriously though, I would prefer kindness as well; someone who is good natured and easy going.
Irony.
If awkward silence counts as sarcasm then I guess I have some exceptions. I usually find sarcasm to be rude... probably because I often take it seriously / personally.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
Irony.
If awkward silence counts as sarcasm then I guess I have some exceptions. I usually find sarcasm to be rude... probably because I often take it seriously / personally.

The remark was sarcasm. There was no enjoyable awkward silence. I'm sensing one now though. Heh. Heh?

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
its sad not to have problems then no? Oh what the hell playfullness gets me in all the time.
that spark of life

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
I think a sence of humour is important in a partner and deep devotion, loyalty,blind obedience, a good job,preferably a professional, so I can continue to live above my means, culinary skills, stunning
cuddlyness, and strength for farm work.:wave::laughing7:

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
its sad not to have problems then no? Oh what the hell playfullness gets me in all the time.
that spark of life

Somethings are out of your control, or when looking back, it's nice to laugh and say 'wtf was I thinking'. Some people take themselves too seriously, that's boring.

Said1

Hubba Hubba
Apr 18, 2005
Das Kapital
I think a sence of humour is important in a partner and deep devotion, loyalty,blind obedience, a good job,preferably a professional, so I can continue to live above my means, culinary skills, stunning
cuddlyness, and strength for farm work.:wave::laughing7:

I agree. A strong back is very important trait in a woman. No one scooped you up yet?