Fav. CANADIAN commercials

westmanguy
Ok, this is for Canadian commercials only.

I personally LOVE the Telus commercials with the bunnies and little creatures! IMO, best ad campaign for a communication company EVER!

I also like the Bell Beavers.. thats what I call them. They promote ExpressVu, Sympatico, Bell Phone, and Bell Mobility

The other cool one is the MTS buffaloes, (MTS = Manitoba Telephone Service)

How come all the cool commercials belong to the telephone companies!

CDNBear
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
Apart from the lie about asimalation. This is my one of my favourite ads...

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvBRI-A3vakVg

Alexander
I think msot Canadian commercials suck. I like the Vonage tune, and yea those beavers are somtimes funny. Is telus Canadian?

westmanguy
Telus is the telephone company operating service in B.C. and Alberta. It also has a nation-wide Cellular service that competes with Bell and Rogers.

Its Canadian.

Edit, those Molson Canadian commercials make me barf.. I cringe and starting talking to ignore them, because they irritate me so much.

Honestly..

westmanguy
In the USA I saw a Canadian commercial for Air Canada, that had the Celine Dion song "You and me were meant to FLY!!", and it said "Come on America, get up here!"

I liked that commercial.

Alexander
Ok, then I like the Telus commercials too. They use some good tunes with the animals in white background. I always know it's Telus.

CDNBear
Then this one. This one nearly made me wet myself!!!

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvXqOI7relatedampsearch

=

CDNBear
+1
I just found this one, very funny...

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvikTSLrelatedampsearch

=

westmanguy
ALL Canadian patriotic commercials make me gag, and extremely irritate me.

I have no patriotic love for this country.

I like the Telus commercials though, go on YouTube and search "Telus" and you can watch tons of them

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Then this one. This one nearly made me wet myself!!!

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvXqOI7elatedampsearch

I hope your pet beaver is a little tamer, but I doubt it. Probably trained for counter intelligence. LOL

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I hope your pet beaver is a little tamer, but I doubt it. Probably trained for counter intelligence. LOL

No way, my beaver's a Paratrooper. "Death from above"!!!

snfu73
Two words....Mattress, Matress.

I kid, I kid.

I'm trying to think of exclusively Canadian ads. Sadly, so many of the ads that I find hilarious are beer ads. I don't even drink!

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by westmanguyView Post

In the USA I saw a Canadian commercial for Air Canada, that had the Celine Dion song "You and me were meant to FLY!!", and it said "Come on America, get up here!"

I liked that commercial.

we had celine in the UK too. I couldn't help sing along

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

we had celine in the UK too. I couldn't help sing along

I know that one, " I beleive the hot dogs go on" A BBQ instructional song. I don't know why they used it for Titanic.

eh1eh

No way, my beaver's a Paratrooper. "Death from above"!!!

OOOO, Scarry stuff. I'm lucky mine pretty much stays on her back.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

OOOO, Scarry stuff. I'm lucky mine pretty much stays on her back.

rotflmffao!!!

You gotta share your training secrets!!!???

Mines unruly, spends money freely, is forever whinin' and biten' (Well I kinda like that part, lmao), I'm forever pullin' a Wookie outta my shower drain and she's forever taken off with all her beaver buddies (see spends money freely), lmao!!!

Great post eh!!!

eh1eh

rotflmffao!!!

You gotta share your training secrets!!!???

Mines unruly, spends money freely, is forever whinin' and biten' (Well I kinda like that part, lmao), I'm forever pullin' a Wookie outta my shower drain and she's forever taken off with all her beaver buddies (see spends money freely), lmao!!!

Great post eh!!!

Well, I got one thing beat. She has a job. Really takes the presure off when the credit cards in her name. Whoo Hooo.

RomSpaceKnight
+1
I love all the patriotic Canadian ads. Not a Molson drinker, well Coors Lite, but they got good ads. The Hinterland Whos Who ads were my favs as a kid. The old Labatts ads with the English guy and the francophone voyageur were funny too. I love this country and any one who promotes Canadian patriotism has my best wishes in selling their products.

snfu73
Not meaning to be a dick...but the Hinterland Who's Who weren't commercials. Well...maybe they were..."Buy one beaver, get a second one FREE! They cut, they bore, they build and you can make a HAT out of one in the winter! Send your money today...just three easy payments of 4.25!"

I dunno...I kinda get offended by the hijacking of canadian patriotism by big corporations. I hated those molson canadian ads...the "I'm joe", or "Me joe", or whatever they were. And the whole "I AM CANADIAN" thing goes over the top...."Patriotism starts in a 2-4 of a molson product!". Er...no.

temperance
Remember the one with the Guy cooking the roast with the apron on ,His wife comes home from the office (presumably) I swear that guy was shaking his touché (butt) a little I bet auditions had a lot to with the guys butt --lol

I thought those commercials (roast--pre cooked ) were priceless tacky

CDNBear
Hey eh1eh!!!

You're gunna love this one...

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv1CetPqpkHc

eh1eh
Now that was a hoot Bear, I like their horses. LOL

CDNBear
I thought some with a sense of humour would have a good laugh at that!!!

Curiosity
Vonage Commerials

They are running in the USA too so I guess I have broken the restriction on CANADIAN commercials only here...

But I'll swear they had to be made in Canada with that looney tune music... it's a hoot and the quirky humor reminds me of Canadian commercials.

These are the best I've seen in a long time advertising something that doesn't necessarily lend itself to comedy.

10larry
This ad is just soooo dumb and the endless loop of ty domi comwave ads demands a mute or channel change selection, it seems this unaltered ad has run longer than the leafs search for lord stanleys' cup.
vimeo.com/145423204 (external - login to view)

Danbones
I did like the commercial where the Canadian is being razzed by a Murcan
so he gives him a hockey jersey pullover
and pounds the crap out of the helpless lil dude