Bumping

karrie
Okay, I could have replied to all the helpful posts explaining 'bumping' to me, in the thread that the conversation originally took place, but, then I'd be bumping that awful thread back up, and really don't feel like doing that.

So, thanks guys for letting me know what this forum's definition is.

Now, another question. Do the mods here ever step in to stop chronic bumpers? I've noticed at least one member who constantly bumps their laggin threads back up. Sometimes it five or six posts in a row before they'll just let it drop. Is this considered bad etiquette? Worthy of a finger wagging from the mods? Or is it annoying only to me? lol.

Kreskin
Hi Karrie. Good question. I personally don't see a lot of bumping for bumping sake, though I don't read every thread. I think we try hard not to over moderate. Over moderation seems to stir as much bad blood as anything else. If we tried to moderate everything that annoyed someone we'd have nothing on the board. We do occasionally ask someone to alter posting habits but each is really on a case by case basis rather than a blanket policy.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Hi Karrie. Good question. I personally don't see a lot of bumping for bumping sake, though I don't read every thread. I think we try hard not to over moderate. Over moderation seems to stir as much bad blood as anything else. If we tried to moderate everything that annoyed someone we'd have nothing on the board. We do occasionally ask someone to alter posting habits but each is really on a case by case basis rather than a blanket policy.

a very diplomatic answer kreskin. I expected nothing less of course. I really enjoy the way this group is run.

Hey, I heard on the radio that 'The Amazing Kreskin' will be performing in town soon... any relation? It made me chuckle when I heard it.

Kreskin
I knew he was planning to visit. He's an imposter.

darkbeaver
I thought it said Humping.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Ya, I know what you mean.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

What are you. ten years old? lol. Men and their twisted little minds. lol.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

What are you. ten years old? lol. Men and their twisted little minds. lol.

Hey wait! That subjects usually not far from my mind either now.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

Hey wait! That subjects usually not far from my mind either now.

I made sure to include the laugh, because after yesterday, I really can't complain too much about twisted minds. lol.

hubby got a good laugh out of the 'topless picture' story. He said it was awfully mean of me to get their hopes up like that. lol. men, they all think alike.

no new posts