To All The Members

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007

Merci, now send this to my husband so he'll remember without being reminded.We've been married 35 years and I still have to remind him of these sorts of things.. Gosh, 35 years! I am feeling old! I was 22 years old when we got married, way back in 1971.....a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago!!!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
LOL Everyone thought as I did when I read all the Valentine stuff in today's paper....

Then I decided to give everyone a jolt and a heads up..... it's not until Wednesday.....

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Merci, now send this to my husband so he'll remember without being reminded.We've been married 35 years and I still have to remind him of these sorts of things.. Gosh, 35 years! I am feeling old! I was 22 years old when we got married, way back in 1971.....a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time ago!!!

Your doing well, 35 yrs is getting up there, but I think your just over your honeymoon, as I've
been married 48 yrs, and humming along, I'm beginning to think it's going to work.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
LOL Everyone thought as I did when I read all the Valentine stuff in today's paper....

Then I decided to give everyone a jolt and a heads up..... it's not until Wednesday.....

That's nice Curiosity. I think I will send my wife that one instead of mine.
It was to have the caption;

I'm on Fire for You Baby!

Happy Valentines Day

Gif too big, will try again.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Another worn out capitalist trick to attach its feeding tube to your wallet. Given time there will be one every month.(happy valentines day):love9::laughing7::laughing7::smilebox:

mapleleafgirl

Electoral Member
Dec 13, 2006
windsor,ontario
Another worn out capitalist trick to attach its feeding tube to your wallet. Given time there will be one every month.(happy valentines day):love9::laughing7::laughing7::smilebox:

i go with that. its what my grandpa says too. says what started out a nice day with love has turned into big business.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Valentine's Day is what a person wants it to be.... or to ignore it.... leave the scorn at the door...

The concept is love - there is a short supply of that in holidays and for those who like to honor the one they love.... let it be....love is a freebie - nobody has to spend a cent showing it in some way....

Maybe we can have a day for Depressives later on in the year when we can all weep for you and send our condolences for the unhappy lives you enjoy.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Youy granpas a smart man:wave:

He sure is. Another example is Halloween. Notice how in the last few years it has become this entire "mini-Christmas"? People are decorating their homes with lights and doo-dads at least a month before the night...an amazingly successful infilitration of advertising to sell more products to an unsuspecting public.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Again I repeat a holiday is only what a person makes of it....

Nobody has to spend any money at all...... there are plenty of creative ways to show someone you love them.....there is no indication one has to put a price on love... and the marketers are only hoping you will fall prey - if you do, you take away the basic meaning of the day...

Just as many destroy Christmas with their desire to outdo everyone in the spending department.

Don't blame the holiday....blame yourselves for thinking it is an incentive to give expensive gifts....

I can't believe the reaction here with such a mundane and harmless topic.....

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
You know what Curio? Im so glad you brought this up because I was feeling kinda alone on this holiday. Im single and away from any family but presto you made me feel remembered and Loved. Brightest Blessings to you and Thank you for making me feel like Im not alone.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Self

Nobody is alone any day when they belong to a forum....I sign on at a weird early hour and there are folks tiptoeing all around the place..... think of it as a big dorm and when you are lonely you have a couple of choices. Wish people a nice holiday like I did....that'll get them riled.... or you could yell FIRE!!! Sometimes a quiet chat with someone who is upset is a good way to start the day too...lol

Thanks for your good message too.....I am also alone and live far away from many of my family members (which is a good thing for them).... haha
Anyway I am baking some Zoloft Cookies for the grumpies to cheer them up (or not) :love9:

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
He sure is. Another example is Halloween. Notice how in the last few years it has become this entire "mini-Christmas"? People are decorating their homes with lights and doo-dads at least a month before the night...an amazingly successful infilitration of advertising to sell more products to an unsuspecting public.
I can only find room for so many lights. Haven't spent any more on new stuff than about $15 a year. I doubt they'll get rich on me. Not only that, I'm down to 1 string of lights that isn't LED so they won't make any more than about $8 from me next year.