Lawyer in Turkey

Turkish Lawyer

Feb 6, 2007
hi everybody i'm a lawyer in Turkey living in Istanbul
are there any lawyers here ?
by the way please do not hesitate to contact me for any kinds of questions concerning Turkey and Turkish legal system
Att.Merve Gurcan
marvelousg2003@yahoo.com

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
Oh welcome Im not a lawyer ,but thats really nice, you never know when your gonna find your self in Turkey and no doubt needing a lawyer

What kind of education does a Turkish Lawyer need to reach the bar or practise ?

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Oh welcome Im not a lawyer ,but thats really nice, you never know when your gonna find your self in Turkey and no doubt needing a lawyer

What kind of education does a Turkish Lawyer need to reach the bar or practise ?

They need to see the movie 'Midnight Express"

Turkish Lawyer

Feb 6, 2007
prejudices

hi in order to become a lawyer in Turkey we have to study law for 4 years at the faculty of law and after that we have a training term
the traineeship is 6 months at the court houses and another 6 months in a law firm (1 year totally)
we are called as trainee lawyers at the time
then we register at the bar and become a lawyer

we have 8 years of primary education and 3 years at lycee then we have a national examination for universities since most of the universities belong to the government and the education is almost free(we only pay a small amount )

my education was a little bit different from this i had 5 years of primary education and had a national examination after that and i studied in a special kind of school for 7 years including a one year prep class in order to learn english

and the title "prejudices " was for the midnight express film .Which means the writer of that message has no idea about Turkey and i assume he doesn't even know where Turkey is
and he also does not know the difference between a movie scenerio and the reality

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
Thank you ,Turkish Lawyer

Are you able to practice Law in Canada ,what did you need to do ,write exam again ?

I sent you a message about a Canadian forum that is very pleasant

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
hi in order to become a lawyer in Turkey we have to study law for 4 years at the faculty of law and after that we have a training term
the traineeship is 6 months at the court houses and another 6 months in a law firm (1 year totally)
we are called as trainee lawyers at the time
then we register at the bar and become a lawyer

we have 8 years of primary education and 3 years at lycee then we have a national examination for universities since most of the universities belong to the government and the education is almost free(we only pay a small amount )

my education was a little bit different from this i had 5 years of primary education and had a national examination after that and i studied in a special kind of school for 7 years including a one year prep class in order to learn english

and the title "prejudices " was for the midnight express film .Which means the writer of that message has no idea about Turkey and i assume he doesn't even know where Turkey is
and he also does not know the difference between a movie scenerio and the reality

Yes, Midnight Express was a work of fiction produced in Hollywood, which speaks volumes to it's credibility or lack there of.

:director2: :pukeright:

Last edited:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Umm, Midnight Express or not, I hardly doubt, without any proof to the opposite, that a Turkish prison is likely closer to the exampl in that movie, then it is to Joyceville...

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/facilit/institutprofiles/joyceville_e.shtml

forget it, I answered my own question...

http://www.unhcr.org/cgi-bin/texis/vtx/home/opendoc.htm?tbl=RSDCOI&page=research&id=42df61b219

In Canada I think the worst might be a nasty fight or a little salad tossing. Maybe some anal bruising. I am sure Turkey is much worse but the movie takes it to extremes.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
In Canada I think the worst might be a nasty fight or a little salad tossing. Maybe some anal bruising. I am sure Turkey is much worse but the movie takes it to extremes.
I've heard stories, I don't think the movie is that far from the truth. Well in that time anyways, well even up to I'ld say a few years ago.

Lmao, salad tossing, anal bruising!!!

Turkish Lawyer

Feb 6, 2007
practicing in Canada

i'm afraid i haven't checked whether i can practice in Canada or not
but on the other hand a Canadian Lawyer can not practice law in Turkey (or any other foreigner) since you have to be a Turkish National to be a member of the bar associations in Turkey

Though i had some Canadian clients in the past i represented them in Turkish Courts.

and back to the Midnight Express issue i assume the writers of that topic also believes that Michael J.Fox has actually been back to the future
:)
and by the way my name is Merve you do not need to call me Turkish Lawyer

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
and back to the Midnight Express issue i assume the writers of that topic also believes that Michael J.Fox has actually been back to the future
Ummm, ya right. Do you know how to follow a link?
Obviouly, a Turkish prison is the best place to take Mom and the kids on a weekend get away.

Hey, I'm all for pride in ones Nation, but let it not delude your imagry. Try not to insult our intellect either. We can read. I like all the reports from the Human Rights agencies condemning Turkish prisons. Should I take your word over theirs? If you do, I think it is likely more you that believes McFly went back in time.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
Thanks Merve
I didnt know what to call you ,but I sent you a email ,Its about a forum very new forum please enjoy
Thank you for expalining

What is the health system like in Turkey ?

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
I did Notice Turkey has free Eduction, even at University leve l and that very important ,unlike here where we make people pay and pay and then pay again . Please lay of the Midnight oil crap ,

I d really like to learn of Turkey ,if you have time Merve ,just basic living ,major recent changes and I appricate you sharing Merve

Turkish Lawyer

Feb 6, 2007
midnight express truth revealed

Mr.Alinur Velidedeoglu made an interview with the writer of the book in Cannes, France.You can find this interview if you just search in www.youtube.com (please search the title "the midnight express revealed by Alinur Velidedeoglu")
there are 2 parts of this interview please watch both of them
the writer tells the truth about his past ,that he is a heroin smuggler and that he was caught by the police at the airport and was sent to a Turkish prison where he found the chance to run away and his life in prison.
He says there was actually only one guardian who treated the prisoners badly.He also states he still has Turkish friends etc.
He also states that in the film the hero kills the bad guardian but, he in truth could never kill somebody
and he states the fact that the guy in the film, is the hero of the film ,not the writer himself ,he talks about the hero as a third person
you'd better watch it yourself if you do not trust me
merve

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
hi everybody i'm a lawyer in Turkey living in Istanbul
are there any lawyers here ?
by the way please do not hesitate to contact me for any kinds of questions concerning Turkey and Turkish legal system
Att.Merve Gurcan
marvelousg2003@yahoo.com

Welcome! How wonderful that you have come into a western forum to enlighten us on the Turkish legal system...

I have a question!

How assiduous are you in persuing such atrocities mentioned in the link?

http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engeur440132004

I await your reply in anticipation.

Turkish Lawyer

Feb 6, 2007
i don't think i can understand your attitude

why did you ask my opinion on Guldunya?
do you think any human being on earth can approve such a crime?
you also say you are welcoming me to your "western " forum
as if just being on the west makes you a better person
that's just racism

Libra Girl

Electoral Member
Feb 27, 2006
why did you ask my opinion on Guldunya?
do you think any human being on earth can approve such a crime?
you also say you are welcoming me to your "western " forum
as if just being on the west makes you a better person
that's just racism

I think you will find, if you read my post carefully, that I welcomed you with an exclamation, full stop!

I then commented on how wonderful it was to have someone from Turkey come into a western forum to educate us on the Turkish legal system. How is that racist??

The link is about atrocities pertaining to women in Turkey, and you, being a Lawyer, I wanted to know what you, in your unique position are doing to rectify such atrocities... what didn't you understand about the question?