The Sickness of Canadian Anti-Americanism

MikeyDB
Curiosity

I'm not going to defend Beve or his point of view...he can do that himself if he chooses.

What I will take you to task for however is implying somehow that the death of 60,000 Americans in Vietnam grants America the right to behave the way it has. America (neither the people of America nor Nixon, Johnson or Ford) had any real understanding of what was happening in South and North Vietnam. The historical record clearly shows that the people of Vietnam have been at war with and resisted the Chinese for a thousand years. Similarly the historical record demonstrates that the people of South Vietnam had not aligned themseves with the Soviet Union...and if they had that's still not license for any nation France or the United States to thwart by any means military or otherwise.

In Nicaragua and Panama, in Haiti and the Dominican Republic, in Columbia and several other South American nations, the United States has proscecuted assasination attempts, over-throws and economic bullying to unseat some particularly unsympathetic regime. While proscecuting its Military Industrial Complex ..agenda, it has established financed and militarily supported some of the bloodiest regimes the world has ever seen.

You know or should know that I have a special soft-spot in my heart for your kindness, but we'll have to disagree on this issue I'm afraid.

With Respect Mikey

Kreskin
This was right around the time Jean Chretien asked Bush to show him the proof about WMD's in Iraq, the purpose for a proposed allied invasion. Canadians were ready to support the Iraq war if it could be established there was a need for it. Instead there was a hard deadline to war, "you're either with us or against us" statements, and unfortunately no evidence of the need. It wasn't a matter of being pro or anti American. Canadians didn't want to invade a country on hearsay and innuendo knowing the consequences of doing so, but the right wing press wanted this to be a "for or against" proposition. The American government was in full scale smear and fear for its own political gain and most other nations could see through the facade.

Curiosity
That's OK MikeyDB

I am not asking for complaince or agreement - I am merely stating my opinion. As is my right to have an opinion - I expect others to enjoy that right and certainly not to apologize to me nor to temper their anger or outrage or argument in light of what I have written.

I happen to agree with Dr. Glazov - the points of which most Canadians get up in arms over - they don't like criticism of their own behavior, but are so quick to point out errors in their neighbor to the south.

I don't know who captured the Canadian mind.... but it's on vacation somewhere else....Cuba maybe.
Like Glazov - we wonder where the hell Canadians have gone to....the Canadians we know.

The frailty and denial of factual personal examination by self-identification with another nation is so far out of the ballpark I am amazed everyone falls for it and even fights for the veracity of their statements of blame.

Nobody answers the key question: What did the U.S. do to you?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

This was right around the time Jean Chretien asked Bush to show him the proof about WMD's in Iraq, the purpose for a proposed allied invasion. Canadians were ready to support the Iraq war if it could be established there was a need for it. Instead there was a hard deadline to war, "you're either with us or against us" statements, and unfortunately no evidence of the need. It wasn't a matter of being pro or anti American. Canadians didn't want to invade a country on hearsay and innuendo knowing the consequences of doing so, but the right wing press wanted this to be a "for or against" proposition. The American government was in full scale smear and fear for its own political gain and most other nations could see through the facade.

Hey Kreskin, good to hear you again.

I couldn't agree more, I'm glad that we had the strength to oppose entrence in to the Iraq debocle, but it would have been nice to have a leader that didn't say...

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvaX6XMIldkRU

That was just a tad embarrassing. Don't you think. Actually IMHO, his whole term was an emberrasment.

It is one thing to dissagree with our largest trading partner and first cousin, but does it have to be done so snidely and with such self righteous, pompouys attitude?

Kreskin
No I don't think that was embarrassing at all. He happened to be absolutely correct and good for him to have the guts. We should thank our lucky stars it wasn't Harper who was faced with the situation. He would've signed on in an instant without asking a question. Bush had an agenda and his agenda was the only thing that mattered, and it meant alot of people would need to be killed for it. Expecting everyone to sign on was absoloute insansity.
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Hey Kreskin, good to hear you again.

I couldn't agree more, I'm glad that we had the strength to oppose entrence in to the Iraq debocle, but it would have been nice to have a leader that didn't say...

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvaX6XMIldkRU

That was just a tad embarrassing. Don't you think. Actually IMHO, his whole term was an emberrasment.

It is one thing to dissagree with our largest trading partner and first cousin, but does it have to be done so snidely and with such self righteous, pompouys attitude?

CDNBear

No I don't think that was embarrassing at all. He happened to be absolutely correct and good for him to have the guts. We should thank our lucky stars it wasn't Harper who was faced with the situation. He would've signed on in an instant without asking a question. Bush had an agenda and his agenda was the only thing that mattered, and it meant alot of people would need to be killed for it. Expecting everyone to sign on was absoloute insansity.

I agree Harpy would have sold our Army boys down that oily river in a heart beat. But I can not agree with you on the Cretien bumbling boobery proof comment. The man was a hapless hack and a crook. An emberrasment to the Nation in totality, period.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Beaver

You feel sorry for me?

I'd rather eat glass than think as you do.

Wars do unify nations - when the great depression was upon the U.S. and they were called to fight
Europe and Japan the country immediately came together in a common cause. Both World Wars united the U.S. as it had never been joined before.

There was no bickering sitting around the beer bottles talking of left and right... people were happy to help in the cause the country chose to enter (late albeit as many Canadians will remind us)....

Then the flower children descended upon the nation - these are not patriotic people and are usually so stoned they have no affiliation other than to their own narcisstic needs ..... and during VietNam the "I hate war" became their stupid mantra while our nation donated tens of thousands of lives evermore changed or lost for the war.....They see war as some Hollywood setting where the "good guys" win and the "bad guys are slaughtered"... that is as shallow as one can get...these anti-war creeps who know nothing except where their next hit is coming from.

Iraq has become a second VietNam and we see again those non-patriots chanting their silly messages....caring only for themselves and their lives of comfort.

These are the people who will bring the U.S. to its knees....the lotus children who expect much and contribute nothing.

What have you done for any of your people Beaver? For your country? For your town? Other than sit on a computer and gripe against your nation... well done.

So far I've given eight relatives in WWII, my husband, my uncle, my nephew and my two stepsons..... anything else?

Curiosity, one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse rides a horse called war, argue with him.He
will gladly champion for you. The dead can't speak, you only hope they agree with you.

MikeyDB
What did the U.S. do to you?

If you could provide me with a breakdown of the number of invasions, assisination, juntas coups regime-changes and support for bloody dictatorships established funded and militarily supported by Russia, France, anyone else since the end of WWII I'd be happy to review it. It is the United States that is behind the greater majority of violence and warfare all over this little orb. Whether we like it or not and whether we "support" American administrations that bring death and destruction to so many or not, we are expected by peole like you to subvert our own moral sense in the name of America's endeavors. That's arrogant at a minimum and hubris to embrace the notion that the people of America led by an administration that actively works to hide their treachery to feel that because our nations enjoy a unique interrelationship in all of the world that we would or should automatically climb aboard the American engine of Econo-Imperialism.

You wrote a while ago..."Isn't Canada an independent nation...." and yes we are an independent nation as far as our own anthem and flag is concerned but we are for better and sometimes unfortunately for worse married to the United States of America.

America works to de-Canadianize...Canadians and you're doing exactly the same thing when you posit the moral correctness of waging wars on the basis of either economics or the nearly non-functional democracy the United States has become.

There's no bureau of Americanization on Pensylvania Avenue that I'm aware of, but he lies that your government tell your own people are the lies Canadians are faced with having to consider everytime America rattles it's sabres and calls out the Marines.

The United States has lied to us, Free Trade...except when your industry doesn't like the bottom line that agreement produces...

The United States has both intentionally and inadvertantly through its media and through Cellucci and other puppets of the Carlyle Group pressured Canadians into spending millions on everything from border security to missile defense initiatives...

I could go on, but the over arching thing that America has done to Canada is to develop the same kind of paternal dependency that our own government has decided is appropriate for natives and the poor.

America says one thing then turns around and does another...time and time again.

This does not build a trusting relationship.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I agree Harpy would have sold our Army boys down that oily river in a heart beat. But I can not agree with you on the Cretien bumbling boobery proof comment. The man was a hapless hack and a crook. An emberrasment to the Nation in totality, period.

But that just shifts the focus away from what was important. He made a good decision and he stuck to his guns.

CDNBear

But that just shifts the focus away from what was important. He made a good decision and he stuck to his guns.

I won't dispute that, but it hardly, well maybe it does particial make him a tad more acceptable.

Ya I guess I can forgive him all his emberrassing acts, for keeping us out of Iraq, but it won't absolve him of the corruption he left as a stain on our flag.

darkbeaver

Beaver

You feel sorry for me?

I'd rather eat glass than think as you do.

Wars do unify nations - when the great depression was upon the U.S. and they were called to fight
Europe and Japan the country immediately came together in a common cause. Both World Wars united the U.S. as it had never been joined before.

There was no bickering sitting around the beer bottles talking of left and right... people were happy to help in the cause the country chose to enter (late albeit as many Canadians will remind us)....

Then the flower children descended upon the nation - these are not patriotic people and are usually so stoned they have no affiliation other than to their own narcisstic needs ..... and during VietNam the "I hate war" became their stupid mantra while our nation donated tens of thousands of lives evermore changed or lost for the war.....They see war as some Hollywood setting where the "good guys" win and the "bad guys are slaughtered"... that is as shallow as one can get...these anti-war creeps who know nothing except where their next hit is coming from.

Iraq has become a second VietNam and we see again those non-patriots chanting their silly messages....caring only for themselves and their lives of comfort.

These are the people who will bring the U.S. to its knees....the lotus children who expect much and contribute nothing.

What have you done for any of your people Beaver? For your country? For your town? Other than sit on a computer and gripe against your nation... well done.

So far I've given eight relatives in WWII, my husband, my uncle, my nephew and my two stepsons..... anything else?

1/ ----the flower children ascended from withing your nation
2/-----while they may or maynot have been stoners they did have the good sense to hate war
3/-----you think" I hate war" is a stupid mantra, not as stupid as your, I love war it builds nations
4/-----your nation did not donate lives it drafted them
5/-----there is nothing creepier than a pro war creep
6/-----you and your friends will bring your nation to its knees
7/-----I have fed housed and protected my people, and I'v made sure they'll never glorify war
8/-----I know you have lost your family to war,and your heart it seems,surely you have not given them to war, but you won't be giving mine.

And in case you think I won't fight, think again.

Curiosity
And yet again the original topic - anti-Americanism as practiced by Canadians ....has been deflected ...

Curiosity
Not as old as the original topic by Glazov .... still pertinent to this topic....
www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5347 (external - login to view)

December 31, 2005
Ottawa's Backward Anti-Americanism

by Patrick Basham
Patrick Basham (external - login to view) is senior fellow in the Center for Representative Government at the Cato Institute.
Peaceful and picturesque, Canada is proof that God exists. But Canadian politics proves that He also has a sense of humor. How else does one explain a campaign dominated by Paul Martin's calculated insults towards the United States, as simultaneously Stephen Harper seeks absolution for his fondness for America? In power for nearly 13 years, but perhaps five weeks from opposition status, the Liberals have pinned their hopes on nationalistic flag-waving. In a replay of the last election, Liberal fortunes will rest upon the party's ability to exploit anti-Americanism.
This sorry state of affairs is both politically sad and culturally tragic. On a political level, it reflects the Liberals' precarious position. Philosophically spent and ethically challenged, they are left to plummet the political depths with a perverse brand of statesmanship.
The party's only hope is to cast itself as Mother Canada, protecting her vulnerable and insecure children huddled for warmth along the American border. Which makes one wonder what ever happened to Liberal Prime Minister Wilfrid Laurier's 1904 forecast that, "The 20th century shall be the century of Canada." Laurier must be turning over in his grave. A century later, his countrymen remain so culturally insecure and politically adolescent that they may once again fall prey to such crass politicking. Canadians need to grow up. And they need to do so quickly.
Canadians are perfectly entitled to disagree with President Bush on any issue, as increasing numbers of Americans are want to do. Legitimate complaints, such as those over softwood lumber, are one thing. But incessant finger-in-the-eye poking from Canada's political elite is not only patronizing but also clearly masochistic.
A foreign policy that plays exclusively to domestic ears does considerable, if not yet irreparable, harm to Canada-U.S. relations. The darts directed at Washington are morphing into a political boomerang threatening to damage Canada, herself.
Speaking earlier this year at the Washington-based Canada Institute, Carleton University's Michael Hart underscored the costs associated with America-baiting. According to Mr. Hart, Canada's preference for a multilateralist foreign policy is unrealistic because the urge to differentiate Canadian from American policy leads to policies that are at odds with Canada's national interest.
Under successive Liberal governments, Canada became a nagging liability to American policymakers over everything from Kyoto to the International Criminal Court, from missile defense to military intervention. This approach directly undermines Canadian prosperity because it harms Canada's relationship with the United States.
An alternative approach is the model artfully practiced by Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in the 1980s. Mr. Mulroney grasped the nettle: Closer relations with the U.S., the most powerful nation in history, must be a Canadian priority. Active accommodation with her southern neighbor was pragmatic because that is where Canada's interests lie. The 1988 Free Trade Agreement that underpinned the past decade of Canadian economic growth epitomized this approach.
Mr. Harper should explain to Canadians that bilateralism reinforces multilateralism. If Americans saw Canada as a more reliable partner, Canada would be more influential around the world because she would be more influential in Washington.
Charles Doran, director of Canadian Studies at Johns Hopkins University, observes that Canada does foreign policy on the cheap. Canada has been free riding on the American taxpayer for defense and security for 60 years. This free-rider status is starting to grate on American policymakers.
America's political class is belatedly waking up to the fact that their Canadian neighbors are trash-talking them on a regular basis. Thanks to the Chretien and Martin governments, Canadians' valid complaint that Americans do not know or think about Canada may no longer apply.
Canadians need to get over themselves. They need to accept the asymmetry of the U.S.-Canada relationship, one deeply beneficial to both countries.
Rewarding their political leaders' anti-American prejudices is an immature response. A mature electorate, with the worldliness and self-confidence that Laurier foresaw, would appreciate that anti-Americanism is really anti-Canadian, for it hurts Canada most of all.
This article appeared in the Washington Times, December 30, 2005.

BATTY@
I reviewed some the posts listed and even though I definetly not verse in World history as some are, I can't see the significance rant.

I have yet to see any country in the world that has done amazing job of governing itself 100% and/or without some form of criticism especially in dealing with different types of people, religion, etc. I think it's impossible.

The problem 'I think" the original poster was aiming for was a collective 'brainwash' view of America. To that I agree because like anything generalization beneifits no one. People just don't analyse information anymore and swallow anything.

I watch American TV, Movies. Buy American products stocks, clothes. Travel to American, eat their foods. as I've done in other parts of the world. But I don't hate Americans however, I will disagree with their points of view, as I would with any other Canadian or otherwise if I feel it's the point is unjust or just wrong. It's my right to do so, but I will atleast know and try understand what I am agreeing or disagreeing with.

MikeyDB
Just read the Basham article posted by Curiosity.

I'm losing my patience here.

Check out the Eric Margolis article on the new American war brewing against Iran.

You don't want Canadians being Anti-American, but your nation is formenting yet another war on the basis of what????

I like Beaver would be happy to defend my nation against any threat, and that includes the United States.

It's time the world recognized that America isn't interested in anything less than complete and total capitulation to its wishes and demands, and it's prepared to take the world to war to that end.

MikeyDB
Exactly how in in what way specifically it the nation of Iran a threat to the United States? Isn’t it more accurate to suggest that the hysteria of Zionists is once again at work pulling the strings on the great and powerful United States?

How many more wars and how many more people will be sacrificed to the Amercan war-machine driven by the Jews?

http://www.torontosun.com/News/Columnists/Margolis_Eric/2007/02/04/3522931.html

MikeyDB
Perhaps what's being called for here is a review of Americans and their proclivity to war and violence, and I'll be happy to draw that map if anyone has any doubt that America is the greatest evil to be feared in the world today, not Iran, not Iraq and certainly not North Korea.

ITN has acheived his purpose if that purpose is to invite even greater volumes of anti-Americanism as evidence that Canadians don't relish the idea of war and will stand against the war-mongering that's taking place around the world at the behest of America WHILE WE ENTERTAIN THIS BULL****!

darkbeaver

Not as old as the original topic by Glazov .... still pertinent to this topic....
www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=5347 (external - login to view)

December 31, 2005
Ottawa's Backward Anti-Americanism

by Patrick Basham
Patrick Basham (external - login to view) is senior fellow in the Center for Representative Government at the Cato Institute.
Peaceful and picturesque, Canada is proof that God exists. But Canadian politics proves that He also has a sense of humor. How else does one explain a campaign dominated by Paul Martin's calculated insults towards the United States, as simultaneously Stephen Harper seeks absolution for his fondness for America? In power for nearly 13 years, but perhaps five weeks from opposition status, the Liberals have pinned their hopes on nationalistic flag-waving. In a replay of the last election, Liberal fortunes will rest upon the party's ability to exploit anti-Americanism.
This sorry state of affairs is both politically sad and culturally tragic. On a political level, it reflects the Liberals' precarious position. Philosophically spent and ethically challenged, they are left to plummet the political depths with a perverse brand of statesmanship.
The party's only hope is to cast itself as Mother Canada, protecting her vulnerable and insecure children huddled for warmth along the American border. Which makes one wonder what ever happened to Liberal Prime Minister Wilfrid Laurier's 1904 forecast that, "The 20th century shall be the century of Canada." Laurier must be turning over in his grave. A century later, his countrymen remain so culturally insecure and politically adolescent that they may once again fall prey to such crass politicking. Canadians need to grow up. And they need to do so quickly.
Canadians are perfectly entitled to disagree with President Bush on any issue, as increasing numbers of Americans are want to do. Legitimate complaints, such as those over softwood lumber, are one thing. But incessant finger-in-the-eye poking from Canada's political elite is not only patronizing but also clearly masochistic.
A foreign policy that plays exclusively to domestic ears does considerable, if not yet irreparable, harm to Canada-U.S. relations. The darts directed at Washington are morphing into a political boomerang threatening to damage Canada, herself.
Speaking earlier this year at the Washington-based Canada Institute, Carleton University's Michael Hart underscored the costs associated with America-baiting. According to Mr. Hart, Canada's preference for a multilateralist foreign policy is unrealistic because the urge to differentiate Canadian from American policy leads to policies that are at odds with Canada's national interest.
Under successive Liberal governments, Canada became a nagging liability to American policymakers over everything from Kyoto to the International Criminal Court, from missile defense to military intervention. This approach directly undermines Canadian prosperity because it harms Canada's relationship with the United States.
An alternative approach is the model artfully practiced by Prime Minister Brian Mulroney in the 1980s. Mr. Mulroney grasped the nettle: Closer relations with the U.S., the most powerful nation in history, must be a Canadian priority. Active accommodation with her southern neighbor was pragmatic because that is where Canada's interests lie. The 1988 Free Trade Agreement that underpinned the past decade of Canadian economic growth epitomized this approach.
Mr. Harper should explain to Canadians that bilateralism reinforces multilateralism. If Americans saw Canada as a more reliable partner, Canada would be more influential around the world because she would be more influential in Washington.
Charles Doran, director of Canadian Studies at Johns Hopkins University, observes that Canada does foreign policy on the cheap. Canada has been free riding on the American taxpayer for defense and security for 60 years. This free-rider status is starting to grate on American policymakers.
America's political class is belatedly waking up to the fact that their Canadian neighbors are trash-talking them on a regular basis. Thanks to the Chretien and Martin governments, Canadians' valid complaint that Americans do not know or think about Canada may no longer apply.
Canadians need to get over themselves. They need to accept the asymmetry of the U.S.-Canada relationship, one deeply beneficial to both countries.
Rewarding their political leaders' anti-American prejudices is an immature response. A mature electorate, with the worldliness and self-confidence that Laurier foresaw, would appreciate that anti-Americanism is really anti-Canadian, for it hurts Canada most of all.
This article appeared in the Washington Times, December 30, 2005.

The Cato Institute is an ultra right wing think tank full of imperialist warmongers, I'm hardly surprized you'd enjoy thier propaganda. May Allah guide save your poor withered soul.

Kreskin

And yet again the original topic - anti-Americanism as practiced by Canadians ....has been deflected ...

I wonder if you enjoy watching people practice anti-Americanism since you seem obsessed with it. It might come as a surprise but most Canadians aren't anti-American. They for the most part are anti-warmongers and they dislike an intentionally divisive President with a shallow single-minded violent agenda. If this is your definition of anti-American, have at it.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by AndemView Post

I challenge you to visit ANY other country in the world and find LESS anti-Americanism than Canada. The US is lucky to have Canada as a neighbour. Canada is much less anti-American than any other country I've been to... and I have a lot of miles accumulated and am Super Elite/Star Alliance Gold.

By the way, this article is completely irrelevant. The war in Iraq was years ago and has already proven to be a flop.

Wow, Passion.
I have been to England and not once was I insulted about anything. The only thing I know about Canada is what I learn here and here Im told that I have no opinion Im American. The point the articcle made about Americans not knowing Canada IS valid and I explained it. If this is how the author feels jow can you dismiss his feelings. People write what they know.

MikeyDB
Your damn right passion!

The formula of conspicuous consumption that is the hallmark of America and the greater weight of the atmospheric destruction this planet is going to have to deal with exudes from AMERICA.

Now these red-neck's are setting up to irradiate what's left after the global warming that America has lied about and disregarded and dismissed for years critically alters the entire planet.

When will Russia and China and all the other nuclear powers in the world respond to the blackmail and terrorism of the United States?

Remember it isn't Iran or Iraq or North Korea that's out looking for blood...It's once again these low-life make-a-buck-war-profiteers that Americans regard as cultural heroes.

Damn the United States to Hell.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

Your damn right passion!

The formula of conspicuous consumption that is the hallmark of America and the greater weight of the atmospheric destruction this planet is going to have to deal with exudes from AMERICA.

Now these red-neck's are setting up to irradiate what's left after the global warming that America has lied about and disregarded and dismissed for years critically alters the entire planet.

When will Russia and China and all the other nuclear powers in the world respond to the blackmail and terrorism of the United States?

Remember it isn't Iran or Iraq or North Korea that's out looking for blood...It's once again these low-life make-a-buck-war-profiteers that Americans regard as cultural heroes.

Damn the United States to Hell.

And most of you MAKE the authors point..........is the hatred toward the people or the government?

darkbeaver
Nuremburg first MickeyDB.

darkbeaver
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

And most of you MAKE the authors point..........is the hatred toward the people or the government?

The people are responsible for the Government.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

The people are responsible for the Government.

So Canadians hate the American people.

Curiosity

I wonder if you enjoy watching people practice anti-Americanism since you seem obsessed with it. It might come as a surprise but most Canadians aren't anti-American. They for the most part are anti-warmongers and they dislike an intentionally divisive President with a shallow single-minded violent agenda. If this is your definition of anti-American, have at it.

Kreskin - how do you measure my obsession? Through your anger to my questions? Perhaps you do not have the capacity to love two nations at once. Perhaps you are of the kind that can only love one thing at a time - having no room for another.

I do not enjoy what I read on anti-Americanism by Canadians at all. I try to understand what makes Canadians act this way - they define themselves as "not American" constantly.... why do they see the need to do this? Nobody answers my question. One old post written in 2003 incites yet more and more of the same old stuff.... I read hatred into the messages and I would like to know why.

I did not start this topic..... I contributed five posts only. This would be my sixth. You yourself contributed four. Others who had more to state wrote as high as thirteen posts, nine posts for another. Yet you call me on the carpet of your accusatory remarks as I am responsible? How "moderate" is that for thinking things through?

Are you trying to pin everything Canadians feel on Bush? That's ridiculous and you know it - the anti-American feelings were going on long before Bush - during the Clinton years and many presidencies before that. Why is it measured in "presidencies" anyway? Is one man so representative of 300 million people from nations all over the world? Wal-Mart thinking.

Another thing if you review the number of topics on this forum along devoted to anti-American bias for whatever reasons including bad television, you will see the topic is a true obsession with many of your membership - not me - I am more obsessed in trying to find out what makes Canadians feel this is necessary fodder for keeping them alive and functioning.

Another opportunity lost ... and I have no answers - obviously a forum is not the place to inquire...and of Kreskin has done a cut and run so I am talking to my hand!
Last edited by Curiosity; Feb 4th, 2007 at 04:57 PM..

MikeyDB
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaverView Post

Nuremburg first MickeyDB.

Americans have never held their administration responsible for anything ever...

I have brothers-in-arms named on a wall in Washington DC and Americans seem to think it's good fun to wallow in the self-pity instead of holding their war-mongering administrations to account. No Beve Americans believe they're above any law, including their own when its not convenient to honor their own agreements and stated principles.

The argument that America is the only nation to act..is accurate although the impetus behind their preparedness to act is just as backward and just as corrupt as any religious precept from the tenth century. The wealthy will play at war, sacrificing their children and the children of their "declared" enemies. When the United States supplied Saddam Hussein with weapons and intel the hope was that Iran would be weakened enough to permit the U.S. to intervene at a later date at the behest of their government in Jerusalem.

Americans should get used to the idea that their government is in Jerusalem and not in Washington DC at all. All of these people, the Iraqis the Iranians the Israelis...the world...are pawns in a game being played by huge American multi-national corporations and to put George Bush or any of these war-monkeys on trial would mean putting the directors of the Carlyle Group on trial as well. There are Canadians on that board at Carlyle and I would have no problem of any kind if our government recinded their citizenship and declared Frank McKenna et al. as personna non gratia...

Don't look for justice Beve, America is beyond justice.....

selfactivated
Lots of words no answers . Curio is right this isnt the place to find answers I guess

MikeyDB
Sorry Curiosity but your limitation in not understanding the way Canadians feel (and its not all Canadians by the way) is yours, its not mine and its not any Canadians responsibility to cajole or convince you or placate your ruffled feathers.

Why don't you try owning some of the responsibility for the shape this planet is in as the outcome of letting men with no conscience and no integrity and only self-interest and greed as their motivation to rule what was once the greatest nation on earth?

I truly believe that the United States was the greatest expression of hope and prosperity that anyone could behold...

It has become a blood-thristy mob at the hands of unscrupulous men...and America owns that too.

MikeyDB
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

Lots of words no answers . Curio is right this isnt the place to find answers I guess

You want to get in on this too do you Self...

Where are your answers?

Where are your observations regarding this Canadian American relationship?

Perhaps you've become another China (the poster not the nation)...posing questions and waiting for the world to do their thinking for them...