Hobbies

Nightmare
Hey,

What do you like to do when you're bored?

L Gilbert
I rarely get bored, and even then only for a few minutes. Randomly: woodworking, music, making whooppee, fishing, target shooting, hunting, snowshoeing, hiking, camping, operating heavy machinery, socializing at neighborhood pub, playing hearts, cribbage, whist, and pc games, coffee in the mall while watching people go by, cooking, eating, reading stuff on science, etc.

Nightmare
Well, it doesn't really have to be your hobbies, but what do you like to do...

Tonington
Watch my fish swim around, go for a walk , ride my bike, research random crap and read. I don't get bored often in the warmer months, lots of stuff to do outdoors like play soccer, tennis, ball hockey, go to the beach, camping, kayaking, etc.

DurkaDurka
hmm... I kill imaginary elves in a fictional universe usually. If I am really bored, I will drink my self into a stupor.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurkaView Post

hmm... I kill imaginary elves in a fictional universe usually. If I am really bored, I will drink my self into a stupor.

I hardly ever do that. LMAO
Seriously, I do some woodwork I made a TV stand, I drink beer and put my two cents in here. Other than that I'm pretty busy with two kids, one 14 one 27 and two grand kids 2 and 5.

selfactivated
I like disasembling children in my free time

L Gilbert
Wow. That's a wide spread in the younguns. mine are only 4 years apart.

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Wow. That's a wide spread in the younguns. mine are only 4 years apart.

I was her second husband, so the grand kids are 'step' as it were. The 14 year old is mine. Daddy's little girl.

Nightmare
LOL

Man, you people are old. No offense, cause I'm only 12.

hermanntrude
i do origami. Look at the origami album in my msn space:

badgerpoke.spaces.live.com/de...=1&_c=blogpart (external - login to view)

Nightmare
Well, if you want to know what I do for fun.........

I like to play computers, Wii, and sports.

Sometimes I listen to music or kill ants.

That includes using a a magnifying glass to burn in the summers.

LOL

That's my idea of fun!

Nightmare
Cool!

Orgami is fun.

I used to can make many things, but now I forgot.

My sister is in love with making stars and cranes!

lol

hermanntrude
you'd be amazed the stuff you can make. there's even a forum for the really good origamists. google "origami forum" and you'll find it. i have friends on there but i dont post any more because i'm too stupid compared to them. u could also google joseph wu, he is a professional origamist. He actually makes a living from it.

hermanntrude
i also play the ocarina. badly

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

i also play the ocarina. badly

Ocarnia, is that a British instrament? How does it sound. When played well.

RomSpaceKnight
Cycling, motorcycling, fishing, reading, xc and DH skiing, building my drag bike, cooking, snowshoeing, photography, hiking (my flat feet limit this), canoeing.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

I like disasembling children in my free time

Izzat like W C Fields? "How do you like kids?", someone asked him once. He replied, "Boiled or fried".

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1ehView Post

I was her second husband, so the grand kids are 'step' as it were. The 14 year old is mine. Daddy's little girl.

Yeah, both mine are DLGs. Spoiled rotten. Then there all the extended family stuff. A plethora of garboys n gargoyls and I spoil em all rotten.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by NightmareView Post

LOL

Man, you people are old. No offense, cause I'm only 12.

My oldest is twice your age. You just a baby.

Daz_Hockey
I enjoy planning global genocide while organising mass invisable armies which will do my bidding. I also enjoy wearing my silver-lined hat (keeps the voices at bay) while hang-drawing and quartering little animals I find on the street and drinking their blood.

muwhahahahaha!!!!!

Nah, I quite like yoga, often play chess and I mentioned I perform Tai Chi on sunday's, that chill's me out. But I enjoy the usual, pubs, clubs, the company of young women, the rivalry of men and of course the sheer agression of many levels of physical contact. oh and chatting on here lol

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by NightmareView Post

Hey,

What do you like to do when you're bored?

Between Cadets and sports, there really isn't time to be bored, but when I do have spare time, I like to tweek the boys' dirt bikes, much to the shagrin of the wife. She hated hearing the words...

"I wonder how fast I can get this to go?"

Ya I'm one of those types of guys, lol.

I think not
I like pissing off leftists. It just tickles me.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

I like pissing off leftists. It just tickles me.

rotflmffao

No really, it doesn't show ITN!!!

Nightmare
What's xc?
Me a baby?
LOL whatever...

Vereya
I have a hobby that everyone makes fun of, because it does seem rather strange, at first glance, that a person like me will do such a thing. I like doing emroideries...
And recently I also got interested in aromatherapy. I bought a couple of books, but haven't had time to open them yet

L Gilbert
lol My dad knitted pretty well. I tried knitting, it was fubar. But, I'm pretty good at assembling model 3-masters, so it isn't the finnickiness, it's the consistency of doing the same thing the same way all the time.

canadarocks
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Between Cadets and sports, there really isn't time to be bored, but when I do have spare time, I like to tweek the boys' dirt bikes, much to the shagrin of the wife. She hated hearing the words...

"I wonder how fast I can get this to go?"

Ya I'm one of those types of guys, lol.

You'd get along well with my husband and teenage son. they are forever tweaking their dirt bikes. Can't figure out why though, how fast must they go to be fun?

L Gilbert
Blame it on Tim "The Toolman" Taylor. Aaaaaarrrrrr aaaarrrrr aaaarrrrr

canadarocks
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Blame it on Tim "The Toolman" Taylor. Aaaaaarrrrrr aaaarrrrr aaaarrrrr

Works for me. Funny, males have this deep-rooted need to either pull things apart or to try and fix things they have no knowledge of what-so-ever. I don't even have time to write what I think of my husbands frequent attempts to fix the noise my washer sometimes makes....