wat's at first one? 2nd one's nifty.
heh heh. Haiku for dummies:

Paper.
Fold.
Art of oregami.

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

wat's at first one? 2nd one's nifty.

first one's what's known as a "star of peace". a four pointed star with four cranes flying round it. it's a little messy but it's incredibly hard to make and has a lot of hidden paper inside the cranes. the paper used is green on one side and red on t'other

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

first one's what's known as a "star of peace". a four pointed star with four cranes flying round it. it's a little messy but it's incredibly hard to make and has a lot of hidden paper inside the cranes. the paper used is green on one side and red on t'other

Cool, Herm. Looks very christmassy kinda. I was guessing poinsetta but there weren't enuff petals and I've had a few stout.

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

2nd one's nifty.

I have instructions for eight interlocked rings as well as the two, but i've never managed to complete them.

L Gilbert
Never tried oregami chains but I have carved wooden chains with no breaks in the wood. It's all just one single piece of wood with the links linked.
Think I'm gonna stick the cranes in my list of wallpapers if you don't mind. (With all due credit's of course).

hermanntrude
nice. u ever seen a welsh love spoon? they usually contain a chain, but with the links separated, still carved from one peice

L Gilbert
Yeah actually, that's wat gave me the idea.. I use the chains for hanging people's name signs and number signs on the road.

L Gilbert
Um, difference between love spoons and my chains is that my chains are actual chains but made of wood, not intertwined artwork like spoon handles.