Guess What I Saw Momma!!

karrie
My little boy, breathless and red faced, dashed in from outside. Bounding from one foot to the other, trying to talk through his excitement, he yelled for me.

"Momma, momma..... (long inhale)..... guess what I just saw!! It was Mother Nature, Momma......(inhale)... and she was dressed as a squirrel!"

Ah, to see the world through a child's eyes again.

hermanntrude
ha

The squirrels here are so much cuter than those back home. so much more squirrely.

RomSpaceKnight
What colour? We going fishing north of Sudbury and there are red ones up there. Just greys and blacks down in SW Ont. Real chatty types too the reds.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

ha

The squirrels here are so much cuter than those back home. so much more squirrely.

I never would have thought about the fact that the squirrels would be much different.

hermanntrude
we have american grey squirrels at home. they're about twice the size, much bushier, entirely grey and much more confident.

we used to have red squirrels but they're isolated now, they're much more similar to what we have here in edmonton, but i dont think it's the same species

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnightView Post

What colour? We going fishing north of Sudbury and there are red ones up there. Just greys and blacks down in SW Ont. Real chatty types too the reds.

I've only ever lived around red squirrels. I had to chuckle, because 'Mother Nature' was right ticked that my son had the gall to be in 'her' yard. it was chattering its fool head off at him.

Alas, her fate is a bleak one, as she has been moving into the roof of our house.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

My little boy, breathless and red faced, dashed in from outside. Bounding from one foot to the other, trying to talk through his excitement, he yelled for me.

"Momma, momma..... (long inhale)..... guess what I just saw!! It was Mother Nature, Momma......(inhale)... and she was dressed as a squirrel!"

Ah, to see the world through a child's eyes again.

LOL I will NOT state the obvious! Good Boy!

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrudeView Post

we have american grey squirrels at home. they're about twice the size, much bushier, entirely grey and much more confident.

we used to have red squirrels but they're isolated now, they're much more similar to what we have here in edmonton, but i dont think it's the same species

twice the size, wow, that would be a big squirrel. lol. My cat, as it is, has a hard time wrestling these ones into being his supper.