Man's groin impaled on steel fence

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com

A man was impaled in the groin area when he fell from a first-floor balcony on to a steel fence in inner Melbourne early today.

A Metropolitan Ambulance Service spokeswoman said the man, in his early 20s, fell from the balcony of a terrace house in Rathdowne Street, Carlton, about 3.45am.

He was taken to the Royal Melbourne Hospital in a stable condition.

Metropolitan Fire Brigade station officer Craig Calwell said the man freed himself with the aid of emergency crews.

"We didn't use any rescue equipment. We supported him and he freed himself from the fence," he said.

"He suffered a wound in the groin area and lost a bit of blood. It was quite unfortunate."

AAP

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
A man was impaled in the groin area when he fell from a first-floor balcony on to a steel fence in inner Melbourne early today.

Woohoo! I got the quote to work... okay... on to the article.

I've seen a similar case on 'Rescue 911' or some such show... a woman fell out of her dorm window, and was falling head first when her buttocks caught on the wrought iron fence. So close to smashing her head in! There she was, hanging upside down from the fence by her bum. Ugh. These fences make me paranoid now. It never seems to be the people who SHOULD be impailed on them who are.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I won't even ask if anything important was impaled when that young man hit the fence........:|

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
couldnt have been too smart though. dont mess about on balconies, especially if there's a spinky thing to land on. self-evident wouldnt u think?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Should I tell about the time I was riding my sister's bike down some sidewalk steps when the chain broke?:pukeright:

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Should I tell about the time I was riding my sister's bike down some sidewalk steps when the chain broke?:pukeright:

hehe i have a bike-and-stairs story too. In fact i have a hundred bike stories, almost all of which end with me spitting out teeth

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
How about street hockey when someone steps on your stick and you run in to it...8-O

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
I never wore a cup in soccer, there were times I wish I had...It's all probability, bound to happen, I'm probably due for a good one soon...

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bikes, spears,.... none of these injuries are serious if you can breath again in under four minutes..:|:)

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Bikes, spears,.... none of these injuries are serious if you can breath again in under four minutes..:|:)

Right you are....and only a guy knows how happy he is to do so again!!!

Every notice when-ever a sports event is going on and one of the team-mates gets "groined" every man watching groans and squishes his legs together:)

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Right you are....and only a guy knows how happy he is to do so again!!!

Every notice when-ever a sports event is going on and one of the team-mates gets "groined" every man watching groans and squishes his legs together:)

I did that when I read this article.

As to the soccer, it chafe's too much to wear a cup. I wore one in hockey and baseball, but the risks are considerably higher. I mean on a free kick we all take a deep breath and protect our jewels, some sick bastards actually aim to maim....

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I did that when I read this article.

As to the soccer, it chafe's too much to wear a cup. I wore one in hockey and baseball, but the risks are considerably higher. I mean on a free kick we all take a deep breath and protect our jewels, some sick bastards actually aim to maim....

That makes sense. And yes I know, for I played soccer in High School and Grade School and some numb-nuts always made it his single most important thing to focus on....

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
This really seems like a universal topic, I mean do you suppose there is some lucky fella out there who has lived a full life without knowing the pain?