Best home made tooth ache cure

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Geez, I've had so many toothaches......they are NOT at all pleasant.

This is not exactle a homeopathic cure........go to your local pharmacy and get ASA with codeine.........NOT Acetominophine (sp) which can kill your liver. The ASA will not damage you too much, and each pill has 8mg codeine....(a tylenol 3 has 32 mg codeine)

I hope you have a strong stomach.......if not, eat with these. I take 4, and then take two every 20 minutes until the pain goes away.

DON'T DRIVE!

It does work, although some would say it is abuse of over-the-counter drugs.......

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
You can put a plain ASA directly on the tooth. But this only works for a cavity. .Any infection insidethe t ooth then take the ASA with water.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Geez, I've had so many toothaches......they are NOT at all pleasant.

This is not exactle a homeopathic cure........go to your local pharmacy and get ASA with codeine.........NOT Acetominophine (sp) which can kill your liver. The ASA will not damage you too much, and each pill has 8mg codeine....(a tylenol 3 has 32 mg codeine)

I hope you have a strong stomach.......if not, eat with these. I take 4, and then take two every 20 minutes until the pain goes away.

DON'T DRIVE!

It does work, although some would say it is abuse of over-the-counter drugs.......
Codeine isn't all that terrific for the liver either. Besides, it has a tendency to make one constipated.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
ASA is an acid (acetylsalicylic to be exact). Acid is corrosive. Corrosives are what causes cavities to begin with.

salicylic acid isnt a strong acid. not all acids are corrosive, depending on the material in question. For instance salicylic acid will not corrode enamel (one of the most hard-wearing substances known to man).

It WILL however, help with pain. Basically it's aspirin

if it were hydrochloric acid i'd agree. or even phosphoric acid.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
OK hubby's got toothache too--youre not alone

didn't get antibodies from doc yet ??

if desperate you could get tetracycline from pet store in fish Ilse

cloves --really good ,make sure to put on;ly on spot not where else --its clove oil --lol

anbesol --

peroxide and warm water

knock your self out ,sleep helps

The problem is either the nerve or infection

if its the nerve got to sleep until dentist appt ,

if infection go to clinic any clinic cry for antibiotic or got to pet store ask for antibiotic for fish fin

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
one more thing after it settles down dont eat, drink, breathe unless you absolutly have to --

I knock my hubby out with gravol --2 pills 50 mg --he seems to be in less pain --lol

I know its not funny

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
salicylic acid isnt a strong acid. not all acids are corrosive, depending on the material in question. For instance salicylic acid will not corrode enamel (one of the most hard-wearing substances known to man).

It WILL however, help with pain. Basically it's aspirin

if it were hydrochloric acid i'd agree. or even phosphoric acid.
Um, it isn't great for gums. I tried it. Killed a whole pile of gumcells in my mouth. I'll stick to clove oil and booze, thanks. :D

Ibuprofin helps, too.

temperance

Electoral Member
Sep 27, 2006
olives vodka --martini time --lol--I though this post was about tooth aches not mixology --humor helps also

Sаbine

Electoral Member
Jan 11, 2007
Try sage leaves (folia salvia officinalis). Put 1 tbl sp of crushed leaves in thermos, add 200 ml of boiled water, close it and leave for at least 2 h. Rinse your teeth with the sage solution as often as you need for at least 5 min each time. Should work well. Please do not apply any alcohol on your inflammed tooth, 'cause your toothache may get even worse!