Anyone Got Kidlets and/or Pets To Share?

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
There are a couple of really sad topics right now and I wonder if we could brighten up with some fun stories about anyone's children who probably get into crazy enough stuff on their own.... or perhaps some of the wild creatures we all grow to love who also share our living space with....

I know about GreenGreta's young Turk of a son ... who is going to be a stand up comedian I am certain... And Kreskin has chatted about his special and oh so wanted daughter .... and the missing
Brock who actually shared his daughter Claire's pre and post entrance into our world....and SelfActivated's son.....which is a sad story but there are probably some great stories which might be fun to read...

And of course the pets.... the spoiled brats who take over our hearts....

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Here in my appartment I have two fish tanks, I'm currently getting the large one ready for the fish from the smaller tank. They've outgrown the tank, poor little fishies. I named them all too, Midas the golden gourami, Twitchy the tinfoil barb, Bob the cigar shark(I believe hes actually a hornyhead chub), Stacey the mixed African cichlid, and Susie Suckermouth, the pleco. Stacey had a cohort, but he wasn't looking very good. I went away for the weekend in the summer and when I came home, all that was left of Malachite was his skeleton. I was bummed about that, as he was my favourite.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The first addition to our family, was our dog Mouse. She's a medium sized dog, really sweet mannered, and we get requests all the time for breeding information. Everyone wants a dog like her. She's not a lap dog, but she's not too big for the house either. Alas, she's an SPCA dog, and a total mutt... no way to 'recreate' such a great dog. She's 9 years old now, and still hyper and funny.

Our second addition was a cat.... another rescue. He's a lean mean killing machine. He's roughly 15 pounds of muscle, and loved to hunt up until this winter. Now, he's decided he should be a bit more of a house cat. But he doesn't like to be held or sit on laps. He seems to think he's a dog.

Third addition, my daughter Kassia. She's 6 now, and an absolute darling. She thinks she's a mom already, and takes the peace of the household as her own personal responsibility. Very high anxiety, but very helpful. I have to try very hard to make sure she gets some regular kid time, instead of spending it worrying about me and the house.

Our last addition, my son Evan, is a bundle of energy. He's 5 now, and absolutely go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go go........ you get my point. *lol* He's a very bright, very emotional child, and can be extremely warm, or extremely angry, depending on which second of which day you happen to catch him.

As for stories... wow, there are just so many. I can't think of one to tell off the top of my head, but I'll be sure to come back on with some later.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This is my granddaughter Sheila about a month ago: She had a bit of a cold but
still cheerful and into everything.

This is the cat that owns us. Her name is Pyewacket. When we first got her, we weren't sure how attatched we should get because she chases big dogs. She has a real attitude.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia

This is my Critter on Prom night he was 18 and this was his first date. Before the Prom we planned a fancy dinner at the house for him and his bud Phillip, Jessa and Me. I made the boys cook we used my best china and they did up a FAB dinner. It was so cute watching all the pomp and circumstance. I was so proud of both boys, the slid out the girls chairs, Critter got mine. We had sparkling juice and steak, baked potatoe and asperagas with a ceaser salad. A mother could not have been more proud.......until........that girl opened her mouth LOL Taming of the shrew comes to mind!

This is my Jessa we were in NY at the time (few years back, but the child never changes) Jessa wants to be a preacher LOL Im so Blessed

This is Candic and Eric Lee my oldest daughter and my Grandson. Candice doesnt send pictures often ......can ya tell? Eric is 3 going on 4 soon. But my Bubba is the funniest thing. Candice tries to leave a message for me every month with Erics voice on it and when Im down I listen to it. On christmas Eve I recieved a message "Say Grandma I Love You......" and my sweet Bubba goes "I DONT want to!!!" I laughed so hard my sides ached.......What comes around goes around" LOL a mothers curse.

This is my Familiar Zachary Binxs Noir He is the most amazing male animal I know. a million circles and he stays within each one. He's my best friend and he watches over me. He also LOVES boxes LOL Thats my urn for Critter he's parked in (BEFORE Critter was placed in it) He's a long haired American cat and when he lays down he lays out on his back like an otter LOL

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
why is it cats always love boxes?

show me a cat that won't climb into any cardboard box that shows up in the house.

i want a cat

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
Joanne would kill me. she's allergic to and strongly dislikes cats. i'm condemned to a catless life. friendless too i'm starting to think

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Joanne would kill me. she's allergic to and strongly dislikes cats. i'm condemned to a catless life. friendless too i'm starting to think

I think most people who are allegic don't like cats. I am lucky though dogs are not on my alerge list so I have a springer spaniel, my second. His name is Parrot, Parrothead in full, as I am a Jimmy Buffett fan. eh1eh is a play on, A1A, a Buffett album, and also the designation for the parralell running road of highway US 1, that is closest to the beach. Besides my Floida crayfish, who eats any other fish put in with him, I have no other pets. As for kids I have a 27 year old son, a 14 year old daughter, and 2 grand kids, 4 and 2.
Hows that for rambling on?
P.S. Herm I think a least your making some e-friends.

Last edited:

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
The story of cats loving boxes reminded me of my two crazycats....

When I brought home paper bags and open them, leaving all together in sort of a playground configuration, those cats would come from nowhere to tear into them - doing headers - almost busting out the closed end.... pouncing on each other when the other one was inside the bag... it was worth about a half hour of SNL for critters..... and then they would march off in a snoot, leaving tattered bags all over the room....and ignore them until the next "new bag" time.

Cardboard boxes on moving days were a sheer delight....(for the cats) especially when you didn't know there was a cat lurking inside waiting to scare the jeans off you....

One of my cats fell in love with a student I was helping compose papers for school.... the cat would appear as soon as she heard his voice....sit on the table and stare at him with her blue eyes.... I think it was his leather belt.... but he was terrified of her....and she would sit on the paper we were trying to rework....took a lot of courage for that guy to keep returning hahaha....to be wooed by a lovesick cat.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

This is my 5 year old munchkin. She likes school, gymnastics, ice skating, Barbie, and crafts.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
hope u dont get too offended but i find it rather amusing u got a picture of a cat with a machine gun pointed at your daughter's head