Who elected you...

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
This is a rant...

Who the hell elected you pace setter of the day on our roads???

I don't mind that you want to do 40km/hr in an 80 zone, when the road is nearly dry as a bone. I will not tailgate you, that's just stupid. Hell I won't even try to pass you because the little slimy pile of slush in the middle of the road has eaten many a vehicle, so I'll just bide my time, till we come to an intersection that opens up into two lanes and pass you when you do what you were taught in drivers school and pull into the slow lane. I grew up driving in worse. I got my first taste of icy conditions driving Grampa back from the Community center, three sheets to the wind in his old F100 across a frozen lake, when I was nine. I've got 4 wheel drive, I'm not daft enough to think it makes me invincable, but I sure as hell know i can go faster then 40, in an 80 zone. But I'll wait for ya.

Well hells bells. I guess you missed that class. So I'll just pull into that lane that you should have and get by you so I can at least do the speed limit. Yes I know, I shouldn't, but then again, you didn't see fit to pull yourself over there as you sould have so it shouldn't bother you that I am there now.

Here comes that green. HOLLY crap, now you're Mario freakin' Andretti!!! Now you wanna drag me off the lights??? Why??? You didn't take off like that back at that last set of lights that didn't have a lane I could pass you in. So why the sudden change of pace???

I'm ok with you doning 40 in an 80. Why do you have a problem with me doing what I want to do???

I'm not hurting you, so wtf is your problem???

By the way Jetta, good luck with that, the 5.4litre Triton has eatin' better asshats then you and the electronic 4X4hi switch, means I'll have all four in a sec. So see ya later.

Now I'm doing 80, I'm happy. The Jetta's lights are fading in the rearview. I ask myself...

WTF???
Why???

Is it...

I'm to scared to drive at the speed limit, so no one else can either dammit!!!

Or are you just an asshole???

So who elected you pace setter???

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
OH BOY, do I sympathize with you.. There are days when I could literally eat these people, chew them up and spit them out. Sometimes they don't just drive in the left lane but straddle the two lanes because they are too stupid to remember that in the summer there is a dotted line that separated the lanes. On top of that they accuse us of road rage!!! What they don't realize is they are the cause of the road rage.

How much do you want to bet there will be some you say we are crazy and that they have a right to drive whatever way they want. I agree they do but without becoming a hazard to others.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Ahh, classic crapwad school of driving. Another behaviour that irks me is when someone goes from 95 on the highway to 130 in the two lane passing zone. Do they feel more comfortable with an extra lane between them and the oncoming traffic? I think everyone should have bumper stickers with a registration # of some sorts to report. Or maybe some kinda communication from car to car, enter the plate number and tear them a strip for being such a colossal idiot.

Toro

Senate Member
Oh, I agree Bear.

I used to drive the provincial highways in the lake country of Ontario where the speed limit is 50 mph. And sure enough, there'd be some usually retired folk driving 45 on the highway. Drove me nuts.

Here in Florida, the speed limit is 45 mph on the main commercial roads in the cities, so that usually means you drive 50-55, i.e. the speed limit on Anal-tario highways. But in the retirement communities, the retired folk may drive 25-30. So you're bearing down on them thinking they're doing normal speed when suddenly you have to swerve like they're a pilon.

And I frickin' HATE people who don't signal.

Grrrrrrrr!

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
well bear, we must remember to think like the other driver, not like the person stuck behind the other driver.

There may be cases were someone drives slow just to try to cause some grief for the person behind them, but this is likely a very small number.

It goes both ways. Complain about the slow driver. Complain about the person that does not signal. Complain about the person that passes people around blind corners, or drives in snow with summer tires. Complain about the person that drives 100kmh in a 50knm highway construction zone, or that speeds steadily past children on the side of the road. Complain about the person that doesn't turn their highbeams off when coming at you.

Most importantly, remember if you have ever done any of the above.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
The actual transcripts from the call I got today from the Jetta owner...

Me. "Yo, Bear Steel."
JO. "Um yes, could I speak to the owner or the manager please"
Me. "You gottem ma'am"
JO. "Um hi, I was driving down hiway 48 Tuesday morning, in that second little blast of snow we got'
Me. "Yes ma'am"
JO. "Well one of you trucks(yes my trucks have my business number on the back, unfortunetly, the messege in my office sends callers to my cell)was following me coming up to Davis Dr. and when we got to the red light he pulled into the right lane"
Me. "Go on"
JO. "When the light turned green your driver took off at a dangerous speed for the weather conditions"
Me. "Was he tail gating you before you got to the lights ma'am?"
JO. "No, but he did come up behind me quite fast"
Me. "How fast were you going?"
JO. "Um about 60kph. Which I though was a reasonable speed, given the conditions"
Me. "What exactly were the conditions?"
JO. "Um, well it had snowed over night"
Me. "So the roads were snow covered ma'am?"
JO. "Um, no, but they were wet and could possibly been frozen"
Me. "Um, oooook"
Me. "So what exactly is your complaint ma'am?"
JO. "I think you need to have a talk with your driver. Your insurance rates will not be good if he has an accident in your companies vehicle"
Me. "You're quite right ma'am. Did you pull away from the stop light at a high rate of speed ma'am? Or at a pace the would coincide with your speed before you and my driver stopped at the lights?"
JO. "Oh no, I pulled away as I always do, especialy given the weather conditions"
Me. "Really? That's not how my driver tells it ma'am"
JO. "Oh he's talked to you about it then?"
Me. "Oh yes ma'am, he's right here"
JO. "Hu'huuh"
Me. "Oh yes ma'am, he's right here and he tells quite a different story. You wouldn't happen to be the driver of a late model silver Jetta would you?"
JO. "Um, yes I do"
Me. "Well then, let me tell you how it actually went down"
Me. "Yes you were doing 60 in an 80 zone. Yes you stopped at the lights at Davis and 48, but that is about all the truth there is to your version of events"
JO. "EXCUSE ME!"
Me. "Oh I'm sure that is how you remember it, but let me refresh your memory"
Me. "At that set of lights, even though you just admitted that my driver came up behind you fast, you failed to pull into the left hand lane and allow faster traffic to over take you"
JO. "Well--"(I cut her off)
Me. "So my driver, knowingly broke the rules that you do not seem to adhere to or care for and pulled into the left lane to get around you, because as he saw it, the road conditions did not require a reduced speed of 60kph."
JO. "Well I did and don't have to go into that lane"
Me. "You may be right ma'am, you may not have to, but you should have"
JO. "I can do whatever speed I feel is safe"
Me. "And I'm not saying you have to do anything you do not want to do, but that does not give you the right to try and drag race my driver off the line either, especially if, as you said, the road conditions were dangerous"
JO. "I did no such thing---"
Me. "Oh yes you did, I know you did"
JO. "Just because your drive and probably your buddy said I did, this is no way to get customers---"
Me. "hahahahahahahahaha"
JO. "I don't think this is very funny"
Me. "Niether do I, I really hate when little people are to scared to drive and feel it is their right to slow down the rest of the world, even if the rest of the world aren't pussies and can drive in bad weather"
JO. "It's people like you and your driver that cause accidents---"
Me. "No it's people like you that drag race people off the lights that cause accidents"
JO. "I did no such thing, I don't care what your buddy told you I ---"
Me. "Ma'am stop, before you really piss me off, I have to tell you I was the driver(Chuckle)"
JO. "You need to learn how to drive and learn how to talk to potential customers"
Me. "hahahahahahahahaha"
JO. "You're an ass---"
Me."Ma'am, I hate to cut this conversation short, but as far as I'm concerned, you need to have your lisence revoked and I am to busy at the moment to worry about losing one customer, that's if you even know what my company does, screw you"
Me. Click

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
well bear, we must remember to think like the other driver, not like the person stuck behind the other driver.

There may be cases were someone drives slow just to try to cause some grief for the person behind them, but this is likely a very small number.

It goes both ways. Complain about the slow driver. Complain about the person that does not signal. Complain about the person that passes people around blind corners, or drives in snow with summer tires. Complain about the person that drives 100kmh in a 50knm highway construction zone, or that speeds steadily past children on the side of the road. Complain about the person that doesn't turn their highbeams off when coming at you.

Most importantly, remember if you have ever done any of the above.
Do you drive a silver Jetta???

lol, Just kidding.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
LOL Bro I was with ya right up til the word pussies LOL Obviously the woman was a bit prudish. I can picture here sitting there in a high collared black dress with matching pearls LOL

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Ahhh jeez. That's classic. It's kinda like Caracal said though, I bet nobody would admit they were wrong, regardless of whethor or not they were. It's like some kinda pride thing when driving ability is in question. I'd also bet those drivers they had on "Canada's Worst Driver" would have never admitted to being bad drivers before that show, at least some of them anyways.

Dalreg

Electoral Member
Sep 29, 2006
Saskatchewan eh!
I thought only dumb ass drivers like that drove in front of me! Good to see other people have similar problems. I would have loved to have heard that conversation or to have seen the ladies face.