How Rich Are You?

I think not
www.globalrichlist.com/ (external - login to view)

The answer may surprise you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're in the TOP 0.66%
richest people in the world!

You are the 39,615,049 richest person in the world!

Colpy
You're doing a hell of a lot better than me, ITN!

I'm in the top 7.93%.

In cash money terms............otherwise, I'm in the top .o1%

DurkaDurka
Unfortunately, being in the top 1.26% will not allow me to retire anytime soon.

You are the 75,700,870 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 1.26%

tracy
Top 0.69%... Course I live where a small one bedroom apartment would cost about $350 000 so it doesn't mean too much.

hermanntrude
in canada i'm in the top 4.37, back in the UK i was in the top 0.98.

quality of life is everything, not money

ottawabill
Just imagine how far my money would go in Chad!!!

Maybe I could buy it...since I am so well to do..hahaha

Tonington
Hehe, I'm in the top 12.76%, soo -- You are the 766,020,395 richest person in the world!

#juan
You are the 75,700,870 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 1.26%
This and about $5.00 gets me a cup of coffee....

darkbeaver
I am the 812,361,626 richest person on the planet, in the 13.53% range.

DurkaDurka
If I factored in my empty beer bottles as undeclared income, I might just be the richest man on earth.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

www.globalrichlist.com/ (external - login to view)

The answer may surprise you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're in the TOP 0.66%

You are the 39,615,049 richest person in the world!

wow, you did better than I:

You are the 766,020,395 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 12.76%

Riyko
You are the 3,257,142,858 richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 54.28% richest people in the world!

L Gilbert
3.33% 200,375,653 Wonder why the feds, telemarketers, and banks want to make me in the top 5.5 billion. Geeeeeeeeeeez, Riyko, I have an upstairs I don't use if you fix it up there'd be no rent. Or are you happy at status quo?

the caracal kid
too bad such numbers don't reveal anything meaningful.

RomSpaceKnight
Quote: Originally Posted by the caracal kidView Post

I think they reveal that in the grand sheme of things and on a global basis we are effing rich. Even if you live on welfare in Canada you are so much richer than some dirt poor sub-Saharan goat herder. While not belittling the poor in this country they could live like kings in some third world **** hole villages. Heck i could retire in Costa Rica if I liquidated all my assets. Set myself up on some beach, buy a generator and water purification system and a couple of pumps, take tourist money as a fishing, MTB guide, hire a local girl or two to sweep the floors of my hut. Sweet.

the caracal kid
you believe that ROM?

Annual earnings does not mean anything without accounting for the cost of living, for one thing. Why are "we" so heavily indebted if "we" are so rich?

More importantly though, "rich" is not summized in a number but in lifestyle. That poor farmer may well be richer than the average middle class canadian if we adjust for cultural differences.

What is more interesting is if we look at where the "money" worldwide is concentrated, and more importantly how it is continually becoming more concentrated.

karrie
You are the 33,211,068richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 0.55%

Unless you factor in that *I* don't actually make ANY money, being a student/stay at home mom, in which case you could split my hubby's salary between he and I, and we'd come in at.....

You are the 55,827,298richest person in the world! You're in the TOP 0.93%

You can look at this a couple different ways... either, boy, we're really rich... or, man, I've still got a lot of catching up to the jones's to do!

thank goodness, we look at it as pretty lucky, and try not to count on it lasting.

karrie

More importantly though, "rich" is not summized in a number but in lifestyle. That poor farmer may well be richer than the average middle class canadian if we adjust for cultural differences.

I agree with you... a lot of the times, all that is meant by more money, is that we have more stuff, more debt, more obligations, more stress, and less time. I grew up poor, but we got to sit and play cards and go for walks and visit with family almost every evening, and most of all the weekends. Now families work constantly. And if people here stop working for a month, we lose everything... we don't own our own homes or the land they sit on most of the time. rarely now do people own their own vehicles. a dirt poor farmer in some third world country is more likely to own his own home than I am.

RomSpaceKnight
Would you rather work for minimum wage in Canada or try eek out a living as a goat herder in Chad? I am sure that there are hundreds if not thousands og goat herders who would willingly exchange places with you. My point was even if you think you got it bad, look around the world and count your blessings.

Dalreg
Top .93%

The 55827298th richest person in the World. I wonder who is ahead of me?

fuzzylogix
I am in the top 0.000005%.

fuzzylogix
Of course, I lied on it because I am inherently suspicious of putting my true income on any internet site.

the caracal kid
Quote: Originally Posted by RomSpaceKnightView Post

Would you rather work for minimum wage in Canada or try eek out a living as a goat herder in Chad? I am sure that there are hundreds if not thousands og goat herders who would willingly exchange places with you. My point was even if you think you got it bad, look around the world and count your blessings.

THAT all comes down to expatation, idealism, and conditioning.

If you are conditioned to think the "west is best", you might just buy that line. It is the person who is unaware of himself that relies on comparison to others to determine his condition. I need not see what the farmer or bill gates has to determine my "wealth", for it is within me, not relative to anybody else.

RomSpaceKnight
Anyone here ever been on the verge of starving to death from repeated crop failures or on the run because a rampaging army of bandits, brigands and thugs is terrorizing your province? We have got it so soft in the west. Even those of us who have less than others can count their blessings that they are not being hunted down, shot at or dying by the thousands. Have you seen recent rugeees arriving? They live on welfare in tiny run down apartments and are smiling and over joyed to be out of the refugee camp they just spent 6 years living in. Even snow is wonderous and amazing to some.

the caracal kid
apparently you have chosen to overlook the numbers of people that do go without food, without shelter, without proper clothing right here in kanukistan.

Yes, people do suffer from "terrorism" within kanukistan.

People here just do a good job of painting over the unpleasantries right at home when drumming up the greatness of kanukistan compared to the "others".

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by fuzzylogixView Post

Of course, I lied on it because I am inherently suspicious of putting my true income on any internet site.

rofl And you assume everyone else is telling the truth?

RomSpaceKnight

I have not forgotten them. My point is that even of us here on this forum who may not have as much as we would like are still so far above most of the rest of the world and that we take it for granted.

the caracal kid
maby you take the excess exploitation of the planet and its inhabitants for granted. I think about it every day.

RomSpaceKnight
Even if you are on the lowest stipend that social services gives you in this country you still are in the top 13% of money earners in the world. At least in your Kanuckistan there is a chance that you may be able to find a home or scrounge up the change to buy a MacD's burger.

RomSpaceKnight
I think we are both arguing the same point.