Lawyer says he's 'kissed off' by political correctness

Dixie Cup
OMG!!! Does that mean I can't hug my co-worker at work. He's such a sweetie and, sometimes, things get a little hectic. We'll give each other a quick hug and then continue doing what we need to do. My hubby doesn't seem to mind....

It's rather silly really, but I do admit that the newpapers don't always give the whole story. Mmmm, I hugged my boss at our Christmas Party...who else did I hug??? Hmmm.

Gez, I guess I'd better be careful

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by Dixie CupView Post

OMG!!! Does that mean I can't hug my co-worker at work. He's such a sweetie and, sometimes, things get a little hectic. We'll give each other a quick hug and then continue doing what we need to do. My hubby doesn't seem to mind....

It's rather silly really, but I do admit that the newpapers don't always give the whole story. Mmmm, I hugged my boss at our Christmas Party...who else did I hug??? Hmmm.

Gez, I guess I'd better be careful

Well, first of all, as pointed out, the charges against this man are for disorderly conduct. They happened in a court room. harassment seems the case, but it's apparently not.

secondly, there are set guidelines for harassment in the workplace. as taught to my husband (he's in management), in order for something to qualify as harassment, there must be repeated occurences of it despite a person's statement that it's unwelcome. So, if you hug your boss, and he says 'don't do that again', it's harassment the next time you hug him.

BitWhys
only for things you might not have been aware to have been a problem. its not like everyone gets a freebie. the onus is NOT on the victim, but once something is said there's no more "questionables".

a kiss is NOT a questionable.

its not like they work for the same company. disorderly is probably the least misdemeanor on the books for this sort of thing.

Tonington
This is similar to an episode of Seinfeld, where Jerry doesn't like the kiss hello...