Travel Help

Rich-T
Hi guys i'm coming over to canada from the uk in march for a couple of months, i'm doing abit of snowdoarding in banff and the i was thinking about going to the yukon.

Was wondering if anyone could give me/advise me on how to get to the yukon? are there and trains or coaches ETC and anypleace's to visit while i'm over here
thanks in advance
rich

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by Rich-TView Post

Hi guys i'm coming over to canada from the uk in march for a couple of months, i'm doing abit of snowdoarding in banff and the i was thinking about going to the yukon.

Was wondering if anyone could give me/advise me on how to get to the yukon? are there and trains or coaches ETC and anypleace's to visit while i'm over here
thanks in advance
rich

I think you'll need a car but maybe there's a bus ticket ... check the greyhound bus lines: www.greyhound.ca/en/ (external - login to view)

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

I think you'll need a car but maybe there's a bus ticket ... check the greyhound bus lines: www.greyhound.ca/en/ (external - login to view)

I know u can get a greyhound to the NWT.

L Gilbert
travelyukon.com/en/ (external - login to view)

http://www.tc.gov.yk.ca/

http://www.tirc.gov.yk.ca/

www.tiayukon.com/ (external - login to view)

That should get you started.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Rich-TView Post

thanks in advance
rich

Fly. to Vancouver, then from there to Whitehorse.

There are no trains.

It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way.

Fly

Did I say fly?

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPennyView Post

Fly. to Vancouver, then from there to Whitehorse.

There are no trains.

It's a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way.

Fly

Did I say fly?

I was going to mention the hours and hours of watching the grass and shrubs pass by, but I thought maybe that would be an experience for someone from the UK. I drove up through Finland one summer to see the laplanders and their reindeer ... the drive was an amazing experience (stopped in Hell to stamp my passport) so maybe going to the Yukon would be an experience in terms of appreciating the vastness of the country.