80-year old woman managed to fend off three wild boar

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

Beast in bush ... boar attacked dog

Boar beaten off by Rose, 80

By JOHN COLES
January 04, 2007

A WOMAN aged 80 fought off three wild boar as they attacked her dog — belting one of them on the nose.

Rosemarie Hamilton-Meikle lashed out after hearing a “terrible screaming noise” as her pet Bosun wandered into bushes.

She ran in after him to find the wire-haired dachshund — which stands just 14ins high — lying on the ground in front of the boar.

Brave Rosemarie said: “I thought Bosun was dead. But I think he had been tossed up into the air and left winded.”

She swung her lead around her head and scared off the two females — but the male boar stood his ground just three feet away.

Scare ... Rose with Bosun

Rosemarie, of Plymouth, Devon, added: “The lead has a heavy metal clip so I swung it and caught him on the nose. Then I picked up Bosun and walked away. Fortunately the boar did not follow.”

Four-year-old Bosun was unhurt. The scare came in Buckland Monachorum, near Dartmoor, devon — on the day ANOTHER dogwalker was confronted by a boar.

An RSPCA spokeswoman said: “Wild boar tend to avoid people but are more aggressive when young are around.”

thesun.co.uk