Words that irk you

ottawabill
maybe his Mom shudda giv'n him a thump'n

Larry the Cable guy speaks better!!!

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by m_levesqueView Post

I find it very irksome when some men call me "bro" or "brother". I expect them to have long hair and wearing peace symbols for that kind of talk. Or the still too common "man"..hate it.

Funny, I always expect someone to be large, slightly overweight, darker-skinned, toting a surfboard, and Hawaiian when I hear them use "Bro".

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

Bushisms

..... twang longhorn lingo .....

rofl

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

I'm not major bitchin' I'm giving Sanctus a bad time - in a fun way - as was the way in which Sanctus took it.

The topic isn't important enough to generate some heavy adrenaline surges over. I would never win a deep argument with Sanctus anyway!

I know and wasn't pointing fingers, just making a general comment expressing a wish.

L Gilbert
In this age of infomercials I feel like stapling shut the mouth that utters the word "amazing" or the term "amazes me".

Curiosity
Quote: Originally Posted by ottawabillView Post

maybe his Mom shudda giv'n him a thump'n

Larry the Cable guy speaks better!!!

LOL OttawaBill

Larry the Cable Guy has a higher verbal IQ !!

Curiosity
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I know and wasn't pointing fingers, just making a general comment expressing a wish.

Sorry then - my mistake - however you used my argument with Sanctus for the example.

There can be no doubt when I am taking issue with another - I was surprised you thought I was angry with Sanctus - when I can't even dream up a good hissy fit at the man.

L Gilbert
LOL
No finger-pointing, I was just agreeing with Sanc on a couple points. I like the guy, too, in spite of his delusional predilection for believing in mythical creatures.

Kreskin
How about pwned. What the heck is that?

selfactivated
Remind me NOT to talk to Sassy on the phone!!! Seems to me yall (yes YALL) are talkin about dialect. I have several. I talk as in chalk. if Im visitin Sis I say beeya not beer. but if your talking about just plain words that piss me off? Saved, has got to be number two, "Have you taken your meds" is a good one to run quickly away from me because you found a hot spot. And I aint (yes AINT) tellin you number one.

Kreskin
Oh come on, you can tell.

I hate that teenage computer lingo..r u w/me no punc n spellin c-ya

CDNBear
LOL, Kreskin.

When you find out what pwned is, let me know to will ya?

Sassylassie
LOL Self are you talking outside the "Box". I love different Dialects, and I'd chat with you anyday on the phone. It's certain phrases that drive me bonkers, dad use to say "Lord thunderen jesus" when he got mad and it drove me up the wall.

Kreskin have you been pawned? Was it painful?

Kreskin
pwned - I always picture a brain hiccup when I read it.

selfactivated
LOL Sassy yes "Thinking outside the box" has been my savior LOL And Doll your welcome to ring my phone anytime I love to talk......cant ya tell?

Kreskin I dont pull scabs off old wounds

pwned ? is that anything like punked? Kids used to say that and Id gett irate.....not a good word.

Kreskin
pwned has something to do with declaring someone owned but it appears they may have been hit with a crowbar as they typed.

Sassylassie
Back at ya self, I often have chats with myself.

Pawned, I believe means that your beliefs or ethos are owned by a particular party i.e. Liberal but I could be wrong. I garner that to be pawned you are incapable of independant tought.

I can't stop sneezing, it's hard to type.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by SassylassieView Post

Back at ya self, I often have chats with myself.

Pawned, I believe means that your beliefs or ethos are owned by a particular party i.e. Liberal but I could be wrong. I garner that to be pawned you are incapable of independant tought.

I can't stop sneezing, it's hard to type.

Kind of like a Republican? Just kidding.
I really really dislike this emoticon . Isn't he the most annoying thing on the internet?

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Kind of like a Republican? Just kidding.
I really really dislike this emoticon . Isn't he the most annoying thing on the internet?

Nope!

He is, lol.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

pwned has something to do with declaring someone owned but it appears they may have been hit with a crowbar as they typed.

LOL its a typo! I gotcha. I have a comp geek friend thats a juvinile delenquent and thats all him an his posey go around doing. Computer gangs who woulda thunk?

ottawabill
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Nope!

He is, lol.

no he's not..even the republican's don't like him

L Gilbert

LOL, Kreskin.

When you find out what pwned is, let me know to will ya?

Me, too.

L Gilbert

Nope!

He is, lol.

Nah. That's just plain ludicrous. Probly what M. Jackson wants to look like when it grows up.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

LOL its a typo! I gotcha. I have a comp geek friend thats a juvinile delenquent and thats all him an his posey go around doing. Computer gangs who woulda thunk?

Your geek friend has a posey? Ever since I was a kid I always thought a posey was a flower, as in "ring around the rosey, a pocketful of poseys ....... "Maybe the flower is "posie"? >shrugs< Waaaaaatever..........

ottawabill
A corruption of the word "Owned." This originated in an online game called Warcraft, where a map designer misspelled "owned." When the computer beat a player, it was supposed to say, so-and-so "has been owned."

Instead, it said, so-and-so "has been pwned."

It basically means "to own" or to be dominated by an opponent or situation, especially by some god-like or computer-like force.

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Your geek friend has a posey? Ever since I was a kid I always thought a posey was a flower, as in "ring around the rosey, a pocketful of poseys ....... "Maybe the flower is "posie"? >shrugs< Waaaaaatever..........

Dont pick on my spelling or I'll cwy, maybe it's possey?

L Gilbert
Teasin', hun. I think you meant "posse" as in a group or clique. My own spelling has been allowed to become atrocious periodically (as Sanctus mentioned in another thread), but sometimes clarification is needed.

Um, I can't believe no-one else jumped on my ">shrug< Waaaaaaatever" comment. I find that particular combination to be somewhat grating. Maybe I'm the only one.

selfactivated
LOL no I'll hang up the phone on a "whatever" Ask my middle child LOL She calls back "back strocking" MOM I was just kidding geeeeeeeez! I sorry" And to a parent "Im sorry" gets OLD quick!

Thanks for the spelling I can take gentle critisism but people who make themselves superior welll thats a diff thread