Your Merry/Crazy Christmas/Holiday

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I work with two children's charities to raise funds for the "needy" (I hate that word) we raise monies to put together hampers that contain food for the family and small gifts for the children. I also adopt two families at Christmas, both programs are run by the Salvation Army an organization that I adore and admire immensely. I've noticed at Christmas time society musters up the good will and donates to families to make their Christmas better but there are those who are forgotten by society: The Elderly who have no family, the Mentally Ill, the disabled, the homeless. So if a member of this forum is aware of the forgotten take the time, if you can, to do a little something for them please. A small package containing perhaps Apple Cidar, a fruit cake and a wee present to an elderly person would go a long way to make them feel wanted. Give a homeless person a few dollars and don't judge how they spend it. I'd love to see a program put in place where I could donate time and money to help the Mentally Ill and the disabled at this time of the year. A little kindness takes so little time but it can mean so much to those who are forgotten at this "Commerical" time of the year. I prefer to keep Christmas at the spiritual level, and do something in the Spirit of the Season with out expecting anything in return and that includes gratitude.

Outta here

Senate Member
Jul 8, 2005
Edmonton AB
What a nice post Sassie... and yes it's true isn't it? This is a time of year when we can get so caught up in the "hah bumhug!" of it all (loll love that spin on bah humbug) but it is truly about the spirit of the season isn't it? I hope many take you up on your suggestion to make a little extra effort to remember those most forgotten in our world...
Thank you for the timely reminder... Merry Christmas

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Merry Christmas to you also Zan, and may it be a wonderful one for you and your loved ones. A looney might not mean much to some of us, but to those with nothing it can mean life or death. Please be kind to those who live on the fringes of society, do not judge just be kind please.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Merry Christmas to you also Zan, and may it be a wonderful one for you and your loved ones. A looney might not mean much to some of us, but to those with nothing it can mean life or death. Please be kind to those who live on the fringes of society, do not judge just be kind please.

Are you Pagan? ;) Cause hotstuff you have a beautiful heart *hugs*

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks for the compliment Self, I'm not a pagon but I've been called a "Witch" a couple of times. As Christmas draws nearer I hope those who have all of life's necessities remember those whom have nothing but the clothing on their backs and their sorrow to keep them warm. Buy a homeless person a coffee and a donut, take some dog treats to the Pound or the Animal Shelter and bring some old blankets they are always a nice treat for the discarded pets who end up in the above places. Remember be kind to your fellow man and animals. A measure of a man/womens' worth is how they treat the less fortunate in society.

A hug back at you Self and may you find some solace this Holiday Season, I'll say a wee prayer for Critter if I may. I'm sure he's in a better place and happy as a clam. Cheers.