Dexter's Christmas Message

Dexter Sinister
I got to thinking today, after some PMs with Sanctus and Jay and selfactivated and Cosmo and CDNBear and others, and multiple public exchanges on the boards (I probably shouldn't name anyone, because I'm sure to omit somebody important), how good my life is. Any of you who know anything about me will know I'm not Christian, I am in fact an atheist, that I tend to be a little to the left politically, that I tend to be impatient with things I perceive as mystic nonsense, that I tend to have a rigorously logical and scientific approach to any claims... well, maybe I'm just a hardnosed old engineer...

But here I have found serious Christians, Wiccans, Muslims, Jews, leftists, rightists, and everything in between, and clearly some of them are fools, but it seems to me that by far the majority of posters here are sensible and reasonable people who will pay attention to dissenting opinions and try to deal with them intelligently. This place has informed and enriched my intellectual life immensely. I have been challenged, I have challenged others, I have had major disagreements with some obviously very bright, articulate, and well-informed people, and I'd like to think I'm in the same group of the bright and articulate and well informed.

I love CC. Best message board I've ever found. Blessings upon you all, you have been good for me, I have learned much from you, you've forced me to think, and re-think, and re-think again, and I hope I've been able to return some of that to you.

I wish you well, all of you, without exception.

Merry Christmas.

Dex

Tonington
Merry Christmas to you to Dex. I hope you and your familly have a safe and happy holliday season. You hit the nail on the head in regards to this forum, this really is a great on-line community. There are people from all walks of life here and you most definitely are in the group of bright, articulate, well informed people.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

I wish you well, all of you, without exception.

Merry Christmas.

Dex

And may the spirit of Christmas fill your home and the hearts of those you love. May Mary our Mother envelop you in her mantle of protection, and may all your holidays be peaceful and filled with fellowship that this time of year tends to bring for many of us. Merry Christmas!!!

I think not
Very gracious of you Dex, as always.

May health, love and prosperity follow you and your family wherever life takes you.

Merry Christmas.

Curiosity
Dexter

As always a wonderful essay from your heart and your great intellect.

The benefits of this season of holidays, well wishing, giving, even smiling when it hurts for some, withstanding all of the things "wrong" with what we call Christmas, we cannot deny it gives all of us an opportunity to say, write, or do something kind for others.

It allows us to open our hearts - even if we limit ourselves to once a year when it is "safe" to do so.

Joys of the season and the new year to come...to you and your loved ones. Curio

Kreskin
Merry Christmas Dexter. Thank you for your good wishes to everyone. I hope Santa is good to you.

selfactivated
Ive been very blessed today, you just added one more. The very first post I read of yours made me smile and Ive been blessed to know you. You bring sense into my world and thats very rare in this blondes life. If ever you feel in this life that you havent touched anyones life for the good, I want you to add this thread to your favorites and read it all over again. For an athiest you make a damn good Pagan. Much Love My Friend and the Brightest of Blessings. *hugs*

gopher
Thanx Dex!

Merry Christmas to you & yours.

Peace - - -

gc
Merry Christmas Dex!

Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

I have learned much from you, you've forced me to think, and re-think, and re-think again, and I hope I've been able to return some of that to you.

You have. I just hope I can say the same.

Quote:

and I'd like to think I'm in the same group of the bright and articulate and well informed.

You most definately are.

missile
All the best of the Season to you and yours.

Nuggler
HAH BUMHUG!

That's the saying, right?

Merry "holiday" Dex...........................:laughing 7:

Right, laughing 7...........jees

Dexter Sinister
Well yes, I'd have to agree that bumhug is better than humbug, depending of course on whose bum we're talking about. My lovely wife's, for instance, is uniquely interesting, but somehow I don't think Steven Harper's would have any appeal for me, despite the defeat of the anti-same sex marriage motion in Parliament recently...

CDNBear
Well dex, as someone who only celerbrates Christmas for the underlying theory of peace on earth and good will to all. I and mine wish you and yours, many blessings. I hope that the Great Spirit smiles on you as you and yours celebrate the season as you will.

May she also grant all of you happiness and good tidings, over the holidays and in the new year to come.

Oh Great Spirit, hear me prayer.

no new posts