Dear Santa - I want ......

Curiosity
OK I know there are members here who do not celebrate the Christian anniversary.....

But in the Holiday Season of wishes and gift giving and looking forward to happy notes from friends and all the other good ideas we seem to share this time of year.....I think a personal wish wouldn't be out of line....

What do you wish for....

Personally I wish for some decisions to sort themselves out in my life and that my great huge family which continues to grow each year - be happy and secure and pleased with the paths their lives are taking - and that my friends have contentment and continue to be my good friends - and that our warriors
in the middle east come home....to safer places...

ottawabill
Thanks for starting this thread Curio...

I wish that people would understand the real meaning of the spirit of giving...Christian or not....

That our life should not be about "I want more" and If I have a plasma screen I'll be happy... Maybe some of you can give to people how really need ..and give in the name of a friend or family member who really doen't need more stuff

Give to a mission, the Sally Anne, World vision..in fact World vision even has an on line catalogue to buy sheep, goats, pigs etc to people of the world who really need it.

Sponser a child....call a lonely friend to come for christmas dinner....bring cookies to the doctors and nurses at your local hospital on Christmas day.... Maybe God will smile.....Maybe you don't believe..but maybe you will smile....

It's not all about us..really it isn't!!!

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

OK I know there are members here who do not celebrate the Christian anniversary.....

But in the Holiday Season of wishes and gift giving and looking forward to happy notes from friends and all the other good ideas we seem to share this time of year.....I think a personal wish wouldn't be out of line....

What do you wish for....

Personally I wish for some decisions to sort themselves out in my life and that my great huge family which continues to grow each year - be happy and secure and pleased with the paths their lives are taking - and that my friends have contentment and continue to be my good friends - and that our warriors
in the middle east come home....to safer places...

Even though we are not Christian, we celebrate Christmas for the premise of it, Good will to all man and peace on earth. There is a Santa on top of our tree, instead of a star or angel.

But I've been asking for a new office chair for my office obviously, lol. Oh ya, and a new office door, you know the old news room type, with the frosted glass, so I can have my name painted on it, lol.

Mine are little more selfish then yours WC and Bills too.
Damn! I am shallow.

selfactivated
No I dont celebrate "christmas" But I do celebrate life on a daily bases not annually. Every candle I light is an intention of peace and clarity. Every circle I cast is asking US(universal Spirit) to help us in our spiritual walks and to find Truth, justice and unconditional Love in all Human Beings. With every incantation I cast I ask for all things in perfection, perfection of time and circumstances. I celibrate the very core of the season all year round. That is my wish for all my fellow inhabitants on Turtle Island. To BE. To BE aware. To BE giving. To BE giving more so of soul than body. imagine how changed our world would be. Amazing how the peace would roll over this earth.

tracy
I wish for someone like Ottawabill to bring me cookies at work

Plus, I wish for a healthy shift for all the babies and for my coworkers to all get in the spirit of the holidays and not complain if we don't get cookies...

Oh, and I want the new James Bond collection. I don't care if it's selfish. I want it. And I've dropped enough hints about it that I better get it.

I think not
All my Christmas shopping money this year is going to St. Judes hospital.

www.stjude.org/ (external - login to view)

P.S. Except for a few things I'm buying my nephew.

northstar
I don't need the whole james bond collection...just james.."bond that is "...

Sassylassie
If I could be granted one wish; I would like one hour around the world where the suffering of man kind and women and children would be erased where they could have a small moment of time to be free from the suffering, brutality, bondage and hunger. One wee hour.

LOL Northstar can I have Bond when your done with him.

Great thread Curio.

Tracy, I'd like Bill to bring me some cookies to.

Self may the season bring you inner peace and kindness from strangers, you deserve it sunshine.

To all CC members, may the season bring you joy, please give or donate so that others may have a little joy during this Holyest of times.

northstar
Sorry Sassie, l can only mail you his clothing because, trust me, he won't be needing it!!!!

l went to the mall and bullied and bribed all the little kids so l could see Santa first, and although l had to keep slapping his friendly little hand, and massage his knee as it was getting numb from me sitting on it ...{was it his knee, wait a minute!!!}after an hour or two he gave in said yes, he promised and then he fainted from exhaustion, so l hope he remembers that he HAS TO grant me my wish for just JAMES...

I haven't heard back, last l knew there was a crowd of screaming children and an ambulance called to revive Santa...l didn't hang around, l mean, who cares? l got my promise extracted and everyone know santa doesn't lie...if he does l will stalk him....and report him to the ombudsman...or the United Nations.

Sassylassie
LOL Northstar you are to funny, so I guess you could say you are one of those gals that don't "Regift" alas tiss me who shall suffer. I wonder is Tom Sellect still on the market? He's more my type? Dear Santa, please deliver Tom to me on Christmas Eve, or a week early I know you are busy Santa.

northstar
SassyLassie, just threaten him like l did...l started by offering him some cash, and the nasty fatso...well never mind, anyway, take it from me, all that matters is that you get, get, get...don't bothering being nice, the children will get all the gifts, just threaten to squeese his heart pump, wink, wink, wink...
it's kind of my way of donating for the season....

if all else fails l'll arrange for a Leonardo Di Caprio to swing by...he is looking pretty amazing since he has lost the baby fuzz...

'Jesus loves me this l know....la-la-la-and a dee-dee-doo..."

Now, l have to fluff a few pillows and light a few candles so James will look his best....

Sassylassie
LOL you are a riot Northstar, of course with the Moniker Northstar Santa would be puddy in your lap. Isn't that the star Santa uses to navagate on Christmas Eve?

selfactivated
Quote: Originally Posted by SassylassieView Post

If I could be granted one wish; I would like one hour around the world where the suffering of man kind and women and children would be erased where they could have a small moment of time to be free from the suffering, brutality, bondage and hunger. One wee hour.

LOL Northstar can I have Bond when your done with him.

Great thread Curio.

Tracy, I'd like Bill to bring me some cookies to.

Self may the season bring you inner peace and kindness from strangers, you deserve it sunshine.

To all CC members, may the season bring you joy, please give or donate so that others may have a little joy during this Holyest of times.

Same to you my friend

Sassylassie
Hi Self, note to Santa I want a Virgin accent, opps I mean Virgina accent for Xmas like Self has.

selfactivated
Easy peasy, just think sultry summers and corsettes it'll come to ya.

gopher
I wish Peace & Good Tidings for the world.

As for me, I'll be satisfied with having a wealthy wife -- she can even be a Canadian ... or a Republican!

gopher

... to all!

RomSpaceKnight
Christian usurped the Yule holiday for their own. That does not mean pagans do not celebrate the holiday. We just feel it is a time of family, peace and hope for the future that has been honoured for well before religion and commercalism took over.

I survived a heart attack this year. What more could I want, than to be alive. A gift certificate from Canadian Tire would be nice. Best and biggest big girls and boys toy shop in town. Plus continued health and happiness to my family and friends.

And of course all the best and a safe return for our boys and girls in Afganistan.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by I think notView Post

All my Christmas shopping money this year is going to St. Judes hospital.

www.stjude.org/ (external - login to view)

P.S. Except for a few things I'm buying my nephew.

Your a Saint...always have been...always will be.

(Did I mention you can call me "nefew' any time you want?)

ottawabill
anyone how wants cookies from me must move and work at my local hospital...I have a free 5k delivery range....

Maybe someone can start a new commercial with a new jingle "I want less" would be a better world?

Riyko
I want all of the people I love and care about to be happy and have a good christmas. I don't want anything that I don't need. The only thing I need is a jacket since i've never owned one and will need it for up in Canada.

northstar
Jesus loved all of mankind and so everyone can celebrate. Anyway the Pagan's had a Winter Solice celebration and the evergreen was brought in by the Greeks to not only decorate but to bring in the fairies as well. Many of the rituals and celebration revolves around pagean customs.

I just would like santa to throw off a few lumps of coal from a high altitude to land squarely on the head of each of the smelly terrorists [and a crater size one on Hezzbollah and Hamas] so that our troops can have a nice peaceful celebration, and then having the terrorist disposed of, the peace talks can resume.

and all the elves agree and are busy packing up the coal for santa's deposit...

CDNBear
I got what I wanted for Xmass,

northstar
well, ya know, l put in a good word for you bear...l am happy your tushy will be comfie in leather!!!!
I am getting mine too, yep, the poor lad won't know what has hit him...Santa loves those loyal to his favorite country!!!

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by northstarView Post

well, ya know, l put in a good word for you bear...l am happy your tushy will be comfie in leather!!!!
I am getting mine too, yep, the poor lad won't know what has hit him...Santa loves those loyal to his favorite country!!!

I just can't beleive my lil Miss Clause got this one. The one I wanted was cheaper. This one is without a doubt more classy. Wow, I might have to shave and dress better then a chubby Jessie James now that my office is starting to look professional, lol.

Sassylassie
LOL Bear I have a chair like yours in the basement but I feel like it swallows me up and my feet don't touch the floor so the other half uses it. Enjoy your chair.

Ariadne
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I just can't beleive my lil Miss Clause got this one. The one I wanted was cheaper. This one is without a doubt more classy. Wow, I might have to shave and dress better then a chubby Jessie James now that my office is starting to look professional, lol.

You are totally spoiled! I have to say that I got what I wanted for Christmas too and that was to actually be able to pull it off. It gets so busy sometimes that this year I just wasn't sure that it would all come together ... but it did and my youngest said that he had a really great day. I suppose the best gift was from the children: a raclette and grill with the note that now I have no excuse not to have more dinner parties.

selfactivated
I use my medicine ball, Zack Noir is a cheap skate (my cat)

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by SassylassieView Post

LOL Bear I have a chair like yours in the basement but I feel like it swallows me up and my feet don't touch the floor so the other half uses it. Enjoy your chair.

Oh I will, I'm sitting in at I type this. It is most comfy. My feet touch the floor to, lol. You do know it has a lil lever that can adjust the hieght, Sass?
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

You are totally spoiled! I have to say that I got what I wanted for Christmas too and that was to actually be able to pull it off. It gets so busy sometimes that this year I just wasn't sure that it would all come together ... but it did and my youngest said that he had a really great day. I suppose the best gift was from the children: a raclette and grill with the note that now I have no excuse not to have more dinner parties.

I am definetly spoiled rotten. Some men call their better halves "selfish biatch", I call mine, my "selfless biatch". Now before you get all bent, she did name me A$$hole first. Or relationship has been likend to that of Dan and Rosanne, lol. I coming from a Matriarchal society and my wife a Patriarchal one, we seem to mesh symbioticaly.

Quote: Originally Posted by selfactivatedView Post

I use my medicine ball, Zack Noir is a cheap skate (my cat)

Huh???!!! You lost me self.

Ariadne
[quote=CDNBear;760653]
I am definetly spoiled rotten. Some men call their better halves "selfish biatch", I call mine, my "selfless biatch". Now before you get all bent, she did name me A$$hole first. Or relationship has been likend to that of Dan and Rosanne, lol. I coming from a Matriarchal society and my wife a Patriarchal one, we seem to mesh symbioticaly.
quote]

I'm not all bent ... it's Christmas vacation and everyone is on their best behavior ... at least for the most part. That's great that you have the perfect chair. They gave me one at work but they didn't give any instructions about adjustments so I scrounged around in the garbage and found the tags for what lever or knob does what ... now I need to find someone about my height and weight so I can get them to sit on the chair while I do some minor ergonomic adjustments. Rumour has it that sitting in one of those terrific, super, dooper, adjustable chairs is actually worse for your back, posture and all that other stuff if it's not adjusted properly. Like ... that lumbar support ... too high or too low is bound to screw up the back. Anyway, I'm sure you got it all sorted out since your feet touch the ground. Hoping you have a happy new year. I was working on another one of those dumb animations and the computer sputtered, jiggled and then barfed all my work into no man's land. Starting over is sooooooo much fun!