Bah humbug growl snarl and a hiss.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Yes you heard it hear first Christmas is only 25 days away, bah humbug. Bloody Christmas Carols being played all over the place, it's enough to make me cry. :sad10: Christmas decorations eating up electricity, bah humbug.

So is anyone buying a major purchase for their home or partner this year? I want a snow blower, so what's on your Christmas list???

:blob8: :violent2: :la: :violent3:

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Merry X-mas and Happy Yuletime

I want a small toaster oven. I am single and firing up the oven for a small batch of potatoe roasters, spicy wedges or 1 lone chicken breast is outrageous. My mum is giving me a gift certificate from Canadian Tire. That will suffice. In our family we all own well equipped homes and have very specific hobbies. So to avoid trips to the return aisle, we generally tell and ask one another about Christmas wishes.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Missile

It must be chilly without four windows??? Hope they arrive on time....:wave:

And to Sassy - resident grumpette

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Curio, I have visa can travel to the US ya know. :smilebox:

Missle a wise investment installing new windows. I bought a fancy smancy new bathroom ceiling fan, Mike Holmes did a demonstration on his show and if your bathroom ceiling fan can't suck up a tissue it's not doing it's job, mine can't suck up a tissue so I'm replacing it. Oh the glamour in my life.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Bathroom fan? I'll raise you a dishwasher. Our dishwasher quit last week and the service man reckoned it would cost $240 to fix it so we bought a new one. Not exactly a Christmas gift but a fairly major purchase. Handy place to keep the dishes when you aren't using them..:smile::smile:

cortex

Electoral Member
Aug 3, 2006
hopelessly entagled
I wrote santa asking for:

Morrocan hash

a signed copy of Chomsky's hegemony or survival
and richard dawkin's the God delusion

a new set of scapel blades and microelectrodes for the office

an animal balloon making kit

the twin towers lego memorial set

the complete idiots guide to the for dummies book collection

the treponators first album
electroshock honeymoon and other love songs

ive been exceptionaly good this year---no major summary convictions---so i expect ill get most of those goodies

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Bathroom fan? I'll raise you a dishwasher. Our dishwasher quit last week and the service man reckoned it would cost $240 to fix it so we bought a new one. Not exactly a Christmas gift but a fairly major purchase. Handy place to keep the dishes when you aren't using them..:smile::smile:

LOL Juan I haven't turned on my dishwasher since I bought this house over a year ago, but it is full of dog treats, pudding, snacks and potatoe chips. A dishwasher keeps bread fresh for a long time, it must be the vacumn seals on the door. :laughing7:

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I can't help but think what the inside of the dishwasher might be like if someone inadvertantly turned it on with three or four loaves of bread inside..:roll::p I know it would eventually happen at our house...:laughing7:

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
A few visitors have tried to fire up that puppy but I unpluged it to ensure that I didn't end up with the mess you describe Juan. Here in my La Maison it's called a Potatoe Chip Dispenser.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hotshot, a hummer good grief how un-enviro friendly is that request (I secretly lust after the odd Hummer myself).

Anyone put out the GD Xmas lights yet? I stuck plastic poinsettas in pots I leave outside year round, tacky yes but I think it's funny because my neighbour across the street wins the best decorated house year after year so I thought "Self tacky up the property abit". It's driving him bonkers but I'm enjoying his displeasure emmensely. He spends hundreds of dollars to tart up la Maison, I spent ten bucks at the dollar store.:laughing7:

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
We have a third bedroom that's used only a few of the year by guests. My wife and I want to get rid of the bed, get a sofabed and convert the room into something we can use. Possibly put in a wall mounted flatcreen tv, a bookcase, music stuff etc. Create a family room that can be converted to sleeping room when needed. That's probably more of a new years resolution than a Christmas present but we decided to go lite on xmas gifts and focus on this.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I dont do christmas, but for Yule Im asking superhuman healing powers to heal the world mentally, spiritually and physically. And if that dont work? A million bucks will surfice.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
We have a third bedroom that's used only a few of the year by guests. My wife and I want to get rid of the bed, get a sofabed and convert the room into something we can use. Possibly put in a wall mounted flatcreen tv, a bookcase, music stuff etc. Create a family room that can be converted to sleeping room when needed. That's probably more of a new years resolution than a Christmas present but we decided to go lite on xmas gifts and focus on this.

About two years ago we bought a new TV. A 34" flat screen CRT unit. There are a couple problems, and one is, that the TV has to stick into the room over three and a half feet because of the picture tube. The other is that not one sales person mentioned HD. About the same time, our kids bought us a new DVD player. It doesn't do HD either. If we keep this TV as long as the last one, we won't be seeing any HD for about fifteen years.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
About two years ago we bought a new TV. A 34" flat screen CRT unit. There are a couple problems, and one is, that the TV has to stick into the room over three and a half feet because of the picture tube. The other is that not one sales person mentioned HD. About the same time, our kids bought us a new DVD player. It doesn't do HD either. If we keep this TV as long as the last one, we won't be seeing any HD for about fifteen years.
Same here #juan. Last year I bought a Sony Trinitron. If I do buy one for that room it will be an HD. That way we won't have to wait 15 years like you said before we see it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Same here #juan. Last year I bought a Sony Trinitron. If I do buy one for that room it will be an HD. That way we won't have to wait 15 years like you said before we see it.

The whole damn thing about HD, is that first, you have to have a source for the HD signal; It could come from your cable company....at an extra charge of course. It could come from a DVD, and of course your DVD player has to have the HD feature. After all that, your TV has to have HD capability. What a royal pain in the a$$. More correctly, a grab at your wallet.