Bah humbug growl snarl and a hiss.

Sassylassie
Yes you heard it hear first Christmas is only 25 days away, bah humbug. Bloody Christmas Carols being played all over the place, it's enough to make me cry. Christmas decorations eating up electricity, bah humbug.

So is anyone buying a major purchase for their home or partner this year? I want a snow blower, so what's on your Christmas list???

the caracal kid
Happy Saternalia, Solstice, and Newtanmas to you too, Sassy.

Sassylassie
Merci Caracal.

RomSpaceKnight
Merry X-mas and Happy Yuletime

I want a small toaster oven. I am single and firing up the oven for a small batch of potatoe roasters, spicy wedges or 1 lone chicken breast is outrageous. My mum is giving me a gift certificate from Canadian Tire. That will suffice. In our family we all own well equipped homes and have very specific hobbies. So to avoid trips to the return aisle, we generally tell and ask one another about Christmas wishes.

missile
Major purchases? How about the 4 new windows just ordered for our home?[They should arrive just before christmas]

Curiosity
Missile

It must be chilly without four windows??? Hope they arrive on time....

And to Sassy - resident grumpette

Sassylassie
Curio, I have visa can travel to the US ya know.

Missle a wise investment installing new windows. I bought a fancy smancy new bathroom ceiling fan, Mike Holmes did a demonstration on his show and if your bathroom ceiling fan can't suck up a tissue it's not doing it's job, mine can't suck up a tissue so I'm replacing it. Oh the glamour in my life.

#juan
Bathroom fan? I'll raise you a dishwasher. Our dishwasher quit last week and the service man reckoned it would cost $240 to fix it so we bought a new one. Not exactly a Christmas gift but a fairly major purchase. Handy place to keep the dishes when you aren't using them..

cortex
I wrote santa asking for:

Morrocan hash

a signed copy of Chomsky's hegemony or survival
and richard dawkin's the God delusion

a new set of scapel blades and microelectrodes for the office

an animal balloon making kit

the twin towers lego memorial set

the complete idiots guide to the for dummies book collection

the treponators first album
electroshock honeymoon and other love songs

ive been exceptionaly good this year---no major summary convictions---so i expect ill get most of those goodies

Sassylassie
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Bathroom fan? I'll raise you a dishwasher. Our dishwasher quit last week and the service man reckoned it would cost $240 to fix it so we bought a new one. Not exactly a Christmas gift but a fairly major purchase. Handy place to keep the dishes when you aren't using them..

LOL Juan I haven't turned on my dishwasher since I bought this house over a year ago, but it is full of dog treats, pudding, snacks and potatoe chips. A dishwasher keeps bread fresh for a long time, it must be the vacumn seals on the door.

#juan
I can't help but think what the inside of the dishwasher might be like if someone inadvertantly turned it on with three or four loaves of bread inside.. I know it would eventually happen at our house...

Sassylassie
A few visitors have tried to fire up that puppy but I unpluged it to ensure that I didn't end up with the mess you describe Juan. Here in my La Maison it's called a Potatoe Chip Dispenser.

Hotshot
I just want a hummer....

Sassylassie
Hotshot, a hummer good grief how un-enviro friendly is that request (I secretly lust after the odd Hummer myself).

Anyone put out the GD Xmas lights yet? I stuck plastic poinsettas in pots I leave outside year round, tacky yes but I think it's funny because my neighbour across the street wins the best decorated house year after year so I thought "Self tacky up the property abit". It's driving him bonkers but I'm enjoying his displeasure emmensely. He spends hundreds of dollars to tart up la Maison, I spent ten bucks at the dollar store.

Kreskin
We have a third bedroom that's used only a few of the year by guests. My wife and I want to get rid of the bed, get a sofabed and convert the room into something we can use. Possibly put in a wall mounted flatcreen tv, a bookcase, music stuff etc. Create a family room that can be converted to sleeping room when needed. That's probably more of a new years resolution than a Christmas present but we decided to go lite on xmas gifts and focus on this.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by HotshotView Post

I just want a hummer....

do you mean the vehicle or......?

selfactivated
I dont do christmas, but for Yule Im asking superhuman healing powers to heal the world mentally, spiritually and physically. And if that dont work? A million bucks will surfice.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

We have a third bedroom that's used only a few of the year by guests. My wife and I want to get rid of the bed, get a sofabed and convert the room into something we can use. Possibly put in a wall mounted flatcreen tv, a bookcase, music stuff etc. Create a family room that can be converted to sleeping room when needed. That's probably more of a new years resolution than a Christmas present but we decided to go lite on xmas gifts and focus on this.

About two years ago we bought a new TV. A 34" flat screen CRT unit. There are a couple problems, and one is, that the TV has to stick into the room over three and a half feet because of the picture tube. The other is that not one sales person mentioned HD. About the same time, our kids bought us a new DVD player. It doesn't do HD either. If we keep this TV as long as the last one, we won't be seeing any HD for about fifteen years.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

About two years ago we bought a new TV. A 34" flat screen CRT unit. There are a couple problems, and one is, that the TV has to stick into the room over three and a half feet because of the picture tube. The other is that not one sales person mentioned HD. About the same time, our kids bought us a new DVD player. It doesn't do HD either. If we keep this TV as long as the last one, we won't be seeing any HD for about fifteen years.

Same here #juan. Last year I bought a Sony Trinitron. If I do buy one for that room it will be an HD. That way we won't have to wait 15 years like you said before we see it.

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Same here #juan. Last year I bought a Sony Trinitron. If I do buy one for that room it will be an HD. That way we won't have to wait 15 years like you said before we see it.

The whole damn thing about HD, is that first, you have to have a source for the HD signal; It could come from your cable company....at an extra charge of course. It could come from a DVD, and of course your DVD player has to have the HD feature. After all that, your TV has to have HD capability. What a royal pain in the a$$. More correctly, a grab at your wallet.

Sassylassie
Pist, what's an HD?

ottawabill
high definition......Oh Sassy you must get out to the big city sometime ha!

Sassylassie
Well thanks Bill cause I was wondering why Juan and Kreskin had Home Depot in their house. I do get to the city once a year, but I miss the cows. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

GreenGreta
I'd like some Moroccan Hash too, I didn't know Santa kept recreational drugs in his bag. Dammit, how many years have I missed? Dammit Dammit Dammit.

Of course, the usual World Peace. Oh, and if you don't mind, could we bring our troops home? I'm done fighting foreign wars.

Curiosity
What an interesting discussion....

I learned Moroccan hash is marujuana and a hummer is an actual vehicle and not hmmmmmmmmmm

Nuggler
Correct me if I'm wrong, but i think hash is hashish. And a hummer can be both.

I was changing a tire the other day and the a couple of the lugs got lost; so I for Christmas, I could use a new set of nuts.

Maybe a new (er) car too.

Yep, simple wishes for simple minds, thats me.

GreenGreta
Quote:

I learned Moroccan hash is marujuana and a hummer is an actual vehicle and not hmmmmmmmmmm

Instead of debating whether moroccan hash is marijuana, why doesn't Santa just bring us both? I'd say that about the hummers too, but I'm not sure you guys are interested in a hummer from Santa. But hey, what do I know?

Nuggler
What would be nice for Christmas is for store clerks to wish us Merry Christmas, instead of whatever PC pap their controllers demand; such as "have a nice {{{holiday}}}".........Argh

Hey Greta: Many years ago, almost too many to remember, a friend of mine spent several years in Morocco and surrounding countries. He used to MAIL himself BLOCKS of hash (about a pound each) c/o his maw and paw. They just stored the unopened parcels for him for when their wandering boy came home; having not a clue what they contained

When he came home, he had a closet full of the stuff which he baked into cookies, sold, smoked, ate. One might say he retired at a young age. One might, but he got narked, and spent a year or so in jail, missed graduating from university, and generally messed up quite a few years. Given the cost of the crap even then, wouldn't it have been easier just to be a drunk? Hey, different strokes I guess.

Just a little pre-{{{holiday}}} nostalgia

There's always Mrs. Santa to pass out hummers...........After all, M.Claus won't be home for at least 24 hours.

Curiosity
Morning Nug

All those recollections are getting you mushy? hee

Nuggler
Hi Curiosity:
Ah yes, fond memories of a mispent youth

I could write a book about my collection of buddies and buddettes from the old days; ranging all the way from professors to bikers, but most of them are still alive and they would sue my ***. Besides, a closed mouth and poor memory for exact facts and senarios especially under oath, ensures a long and happy life

But, it do get a fellow a tad weepy, seein all that great water flushin under the bridge.

How about being able to go back and do it all again for Christmas??

Nah