Kumchaka

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
Someone had asked me to post my childrens story that Ive copywrited. Well here it is. Please remember its a rough draft and there is a second part already written but I wont bore you with it unless you twist my arm. :)

Kumchaka

This story begins with a scared little girl named Tam. Tam was six and very alone. She was hurt badly by people very close to her. One night after a particularly bad hurt, she was hiding under the covers and she heard a noise. As she peered out of the window a very large bird came down from the sky. He was huge compared to the six year old, but she wasn’t scared. He flew right through the glass and landed on the bed. Tam said nothing, but reached out to stroke the feathers of the regal bird. He reached a wing out to her as she knowingly took it. As if she was lighter than air itself she effortlessly with just a whoosh was far above the house.

In her heart she knew his name, Kumchaka. He asked her if she was scared. Tam shook her head no. Her eyes wide with wonder as she took in all her big blue eyes could see. From high in the sky she could see the top of her house. She could see the woods and the town. They went high into the stars, close to the moon, its glow shone on her like fairy dust. The darkness there didn’t scare her because it really wasn’t dark. There was a glow everywhere. Then Kumchaka took her down back towards the earth. They flew closer and closer, as they neared, the green blue ball turned into a luscious green trees and deep blue waters. Closer still they went until Tam could see a valley, half way up a cliff was a ridge. On this ridge stood a weeping willow. On that tree they landed. Tam had not noticed until now she too was a hawk. She had not noticed until she turned back into the child that was on the bed. She was not tired but she was sleepy. A deep need to close her eyes was upon her.

This ridge was large enough for the willow and the clump of sassafras bushes up against the ridge. The floor was covered in sweet smelling peat. It felt like a sponge under her bare feet.. She could smell the rich soil and feel the moist breeze flowing through her hair. Looking over the ridge she could see the most beautiful blue river winding through the valley. She could feel mother earth healing her body and heart. Her eyes wanted to close. Kumchaka brought her closer to the bushes. She could now see what they were hiding. As she pushed through it did not stop at the wall of the cliff it went through into it. As she pushed through her eyes were dazzled, she caught her breath as the prisms of light flashed off the crystal stalactites. The brightness blinded her for a few minutes as she adjusted her eyes and caught her breath. She noticed a marble table on the other side of the cave. On the table was food, but not like Mom made. There were nectar, berries, nuts and roots all Mother Nature’s healing foods. Kumchaka led her to the table. Tam ate, feeling the food and the nectar sooth her body and soul.

Kumchaka talk with her as she ate. Told Tam that she was safe in the crystal cave. Told her no one could hurt her there. No one could hurt her at all as long as she kept Kumchaka in her heart. Finally the nectar and food gone she laid in Mother Earth’s womb, safe from harm.

Tam

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Self your story leaves me emmensely sad, what a brave woman you have become to share such a story. Bravo young lady, bravo.

selfactivated

Time Out
Apr 11, 2006
Richmond, Virginia
I want to refine it to be used in healing molested children. I have high hopes for it. If it does work then all the "bad" was worth it. Thank you for your kind words.