Canada group UK

synarc

Nov 17, 2006
Hello all,

Im British and live in London but have always seen Canada as a New Promised Land.

Im trying to set up a group here for all other people who like Canada and want to get involved in its culture here inc the Canada Day celebrations etc. Anybody who is British in the UK who would like to create a group with me please contact me. Eventually the aim is that as a group we will with a group mind become Canadians and fly the Maple leaf.

Regards

Jonothon

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Hello all,

Im British and live in London but have always seen Canada as a New Promised Land.

Im trying to set up a group here for all other people who like Canada and want to get involved in its culture here inc the Canada Day celebrations etc. Anybody who is British in the UK who would like to create a group with me please contact me. Eventually the aim is that as a group we will with a group mind become Canadians and fly the Maple leaf.

Regards

Jonothon

How nice. Is this to be an internet group? Are you planning on letting Canadians join the group, or just British who admire Canada?

Chris

synarc

Nov 17, 2006
Re Canada group

Hi Sanctus,

This wasnt going to be a yahoo group although if someone wants to make one ok.
Anybody can join,the more the connection with Britain and Canada the better.

The aim is to get all people in Britain or eleswhere who are interested in Canada and its Culture and the eventual aim is to become Canadians either by living in Canada or being Canadians abroad and granting Canadian Citizenship to people world wide who like Canada and want to be a part of it.

Regards

Jonothon

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Hi Sanctus,

This wasnt going to be a yahoo group although if someone wants to make one ok.
Anybody can join,the more the connection with Britain and Canada the better.

The aim is to get all people in Britain or eleswhere who are interested in Canada and its Culture and the eventual aim is to become Canadians either by living in Canada or being Canadians abroad and granting Canadian Citizenship to people world wide who like Canada and want to be a part of it.

Regards

Jonothon

Interesting concept. However, I cannot imagine a situation where non-residents would be granted citizenship in a country. My initial reaction would be to suggest those wanting to be Canucks should just move here.

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
I was born in Hull and emigrated to Canada with family when I was 6 in 1969. Have been back to England once in 1980. England was a beautiful place to visit with it's history and very very old places to see. Canada is my home though. The difference in prices was amazing. England is very expensive. When we came to Canada my dad made the equivalant of 75$ a week in England. Upon arrival in Canada it went to 150$ a week. Within 2 years my folks had saved up for a house in the country. In Engalnd with the SAME job my folks rented a house and drove a company car. We had 2 cars in Canada. mind you this was 1969. Times have changed. Every where things are more expensive and money does not go as far.