Death to America......

Curiosity
JohnMuff

Read my post again and try very hard not to start your spin before you understand what I was saying....

Americans do not care because they are going to be called many names by many nations. Even you from your lofty perch pontificate gratuitously: US are bad sometimes, but it NEVER require death. You then go on to say you are not god... how eloquent. Perhaps being the Nag to the North is enough - more humane than god. What would Canadians do without their constant bashing of the people to the south? Play hockey? Drink? Beat their chests in self congratulations? What do you do that makes you "better" than another nation?

Americans do not always "feel they are right" - that is coming from your personal opinion. If they were always right - why is there such heavy bickering between the two major parties vying for the peoples' votes and power? They are the first to admit errors, in public, on the media, in another country, not whispering and gossiping on internet forums.

Know why the U.S. gets bashed? They get involved - not to change the world into democracy but for various reasons:

There were directed by the U.N. to be involved, or they were asked to take part in an event, they are protecting their financial and economic interests aborad...or they were injured themselves. There have been over 29 terrorist incidents perpetrated against Americans since the Munich Olympic Games in 1972 - probably before then but I didn't research it fully.

9/11? The young men who flew the American planes into American sites were trained in the U.S. by Americans so they could competently do the savagery they put out on the people in the country. They entered the U.S. through the open door policy that everyone is a welcome visitor or potential citizen to the land if that is their goal and they wish to take part in the great experiment called a united peoples. They especially welcome and assist students from other nations who wish to study within the their nation. That is how the Saudi terrorist pilots were able to sign on for flight training.

I often wonder why Canada escapes with such a good reputation and reading smart remarks like yours I realize yet again an old adage :
Stay out of it - save your trouble and energy - don't take part - and nobody will blame you - be liked by other nations - don't be "American".

It seems so odd that among the Canadian anti-American rhetoric we are always treated to "You guys were late joining in WWI and WWII"..... and yet we are reviled for getting involved in VietNam and the Middle East when there were no offers on the table.

Americans don't care what is said about them - they don't need to care - they are too busy taking care of themselves and others who need help........ the sideliners and blame-layers aren't important.
Last edited by Curiosity; Nov 18th, 2006 at 09:30 AM..

Curiosity
MikeyDBp

In an earlier post to you on the topic of ME in Philosophy I believe - you took after me personally in a number of posts and I told you I would not respond and would try not to irritate you further on this forum.

Perhaps you did not read my post - and while I have no intention of replying to your rude remarks yet again torwards me here.....I ask you to find another member to stalk for a while and refrain from your
constant barrage towards me personally.

Review your posts MikeyDB - see how many you have addressed to Curiosity. I don't mind the occasional hit - but you are becoming obsessed.

In sum: Back Off.

MikeyDB
Curiosity

If you can offer something other than this tripe you pass off as considered opinion then I'd be more than happy to live and let live....

Your portrait of America as the "getting-on-with-it" (business and "American Life") regardless of what the world thinks.... that Canadians should't be too greatly influenced by American politics and economic thuggery on the international plane....that America is just wonderful and the rest of the world is either mistaken or so Anti-American (for no good reason of course) reasonable discourse is pointless....

I'll borrow a great American axiom from one of the Marx Brothers...."If you can't stand the heat...."
Last edited by MikeyDB; Nov 18th, 2006 at 09:48 AM..Reason: wrong name

Curiosity
MikeyDB

If you regard my opinion as tripe - pass over it - or comment rationally if you must. As I understand forums life to be - we coexist giving our opinions and whether we agree or not makes a lively interlude for some in our world of news and politics.

I again repeat I am sorry for irritating you.

Perhaps the following quotation might be more your style. I found it appropriate with regard to what I was writing about the American people getting on with life... rather than gnawing on their fingers about the "Death to America"....comment....which I would find offensive written towards any nation.

Quote:

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat.
"Citizenship in a Republic,"
Theodore Roosevelt,
Speech at the Sorbonne, Paris, April 23, 1910

Colpy
TR is THE MAN!

My mostest fovourite American President.

Curiosity
Hi Colpy

Before this morning I didn't know this quotation existed.

I left the forum and went cruising on a few others to calm down because the title of this thread had repulsed me - I could never utter those words against the people of any nation - even those whose
trend these days is to develop terrorism....

Serendipity found me - as often something will if we are looking out for relief or change: The quote
by Roosevelt fit the bill I was looking for..... and of course the words written were far clearer and far
kinder than any I could have dreamed up.

That quote just fit and is appropriate even now when that particular famous man has long since gone past
knowing what profound words he uttered still applicable in the year 2006.

gc
Quote: Originally Posted by CuriosityView Post

JohnMuff
Americans do not care because they are going to be called many names by many nations. Even you from your lofty perch pontificate gratuitously: US are bad sometimes, but it NEVER require death. You then go on to say you are not god... how eloquent. Perhaps being the Nag to the North is enough - more humane than god. What would Canadians do without their constant bashing of the people to the south? Play hockey? Drink? Beat their chests in self congratulations? What do you do that makes you "better" than another nation?

Do you not think that there is just as much (if not more) Canadian bashing south of the border? You've just done it in your post: "beat their chests in self congratulations".

Quote:

Know why the U.S. gets bashed? They get involved - not to change the world into democracy but for various reasons:

I often wonder why Canada escapes with such a good reputation and reading smart remarks like yours I realize yet again an old adage :
Stay out of it - save your trouble and energy - don't take part - and nobody will blame you - be liked by other nations - don't be "American".

Canada gets involved when it believes it is the "right" thing to do. For example, Canada got involved in Afghanistan, Kosovo, The Gulf war, Korea, World War II etc... Canada stayed out of conflicts that it belives were not thing right thing to do, for example Iraq, Vietnam, etc...

The Project Man
The hate mongering happens mostly in private. From all people, races, creeds, etc. etc. most opinions are formed through dis-information.

If you thought the G. Beck program was scary......
If you want to see it from our side of the pond watch this....

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvki8mkGTUlFU

and part 2

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchv9IOKvnPmKyw

If retribution is the correct way, I will lookout for bows and arrows and a scalping. The Canadians should lookout for spears and clubs. No Canadian bashing meant 'GC', just truthful.

Waring will continue no matter what changes are made. The manipulation of the people to do the dirty work changes along with the tide.

Hate is a 'bad word' and I was told as child to use it wisely. Maybe that is why I do not strap dynamite to my *** and blow stuff up. There are many different ways to spread hate. What the G. Beck program has showed was just one way of 'radically' doing it.

gopher
``` Justify that..oh and yeah..bite me! if you do justify it ```

same for those who 'justify' this:

http://portland.indymedia.org/icon/2003/04/257244.jpg

... brought to you by those who 'worship' the Prince of Peace

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

``` Justify that..oh and yeah..bite me! if you do justify it ```

same for those who 'justify' this:

http://portland.indymedia.org/icon/2003/04/257244.jpg

... brought to you by those who 'worship' the Prince of Peace

One would find it easier to discuss the matter if one knew exactly what this picture showed, specifically where? when? by whom?

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I almost choked on my coffe as I read the word "left". You are kidding, or that was a typo, right?

Because they didn't leave, they were run off their land. Jeez, I wonder if my Great Great Great Great Grand Father can relate?

The First Nations are still opressed living under the rules and laws of an occupying Army. When you guys start screaming about that, then you will have some "cred" with me. It just seems to convenient, that you pick the Palestinians and Lebonese to back, and yet the First Nations are on there own. Still smells like hypocracy.

Jewish history is more complex than is commonly known. Some Jews left Palestine before the Romans, others during the Roman conquest, some after the Roman empire fell and still others stayed. Some Jews converted to other relgions. As the Jews spread around the world, local people converted.

Studies of Jewish and Palestinian DNA shows these two peoples share a common genetic heritage that stretches back thousands of years. Genetically these two tribes are as close as brothers.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/742430.stm (external - login to view)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_diaspora (external - login to view)

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Jewish history is more complex than is commonly known. Some Jews left Palestine before the Romans, others during the Roman conquest, some after the Roman empire fell and still others stayed. Some Jews converted to other relgions. As the Jews spread around the world, local people converted.

Studies of Jewish and Palestinian DNA shows these two peoples share a common genetic heritage that stretches back thousands of years. Genetically these two tribes are as close as brothers.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/742430.stm (external - login to view)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_diaspora (external - login to view)

Your point was?

They are closely related, still the Palestinians and Lebonese with aid from Syria and Iran wage war against Israel, how pathetic.

I still smell hypocracy.

earth_as_one
Its impossible to right a 2000 year old injustice without creating new injustices.

No one is alive today who can bear witness to that 2000 year old historical injustice, nor can anyone alive today claim they are victims of that ancient injustice.

The decendants of people who suffered that historical injustice are both Jewish and Palestinian.

Israel's use of religion to determine rights is as flawed as South Africa's race based Apartheid system.

References to religious texts to justify ethnic cleansing of Palestine of non-Jews is as just as the Spanish Inquistion and witch burning.

CDNBear

Its impossible to right a 2000 year old injustice without creating new injustices.

No one is alive today who can bear witness to that 2000 year old historical injustice, nor can anyone alive today claim they are victims of that ancient injustice.

The decendants of people who suffered that historical injustice are both Jewish and Palestinian.

Israel's use of religion to determine rights is as flawed as South Africa's race based Apartheid system.

References to religious texts to justify ethnic cleansing of Palestine of non-Jews is as just as the Spanish Inquistion and witch burning.

Could you please direct me to 1 contemparary Israel government document that states percicely that the Israeli governemnet wish to exterminate all Palestinians. I would like to see the words as such, exterminate, genocide, final solution. No reading between the lines, no "just look at their actions". Because the same can be said for the Hezbollah and Hamas, and yet you, gopher and qe, refuse to except that. So, so shall I. I would like to see clear contemparary documents that support this notion you keep thouting as Israel's intentions.

MikeyDB

A choice to make?

Recent comments by the deputy Prime Minister of Israel: JERUSALEM (AP) – “Israel's deputy prime minister on Saturday said Israel should assassinate the Hamas leadership, ignore Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and walk away from international peace efforts.”

“The comments by Avigdor Lieberman came as the rival Palestinian factions, Hamas and Fatah, continued talks on forming a unity government acceptable to the Israeli and the West.”

“Speaking to Israel Radio, Lieberman said he believes the Palestinians are not interested in setting up their own state, but rather in destroying Israel. He said Israel must abandon past peace deals, known as the Oslo accords, and the road map.”

"A continuation of Oslo, of the road map . . . will lead us to another round of conflict, a much more bloody round, and in the end to an even deeper deadlock, and it threatens our future," he said.”

“He dismissed Abbas, elected president in 2005, as an ineffective leader who should be ignored, and said Israel must get tougher with the Hamas and Islamic Jihad militant groups, particularly their leaders. ‘They . . . have to disappear, to go to paradise, all of them, and there can't be any compromise,’ he said.”

OK so we have one vote from Lieberman for the extermination of all Palestinians…….
I'll provide a similar sentiment from a Palestinian with respect to Jews if you'd like...

MikeyDB
I think we should opt for a "Spanish Solution" when it comes to the Middle East...

No interference by Russia China United States anyone....and let these madmen fight it out and settle the question once and for all...like a bullfight.

No nukes no chemical or biological weapons, just good old fashion center fire rounds fired from standard weapons held by a single human being.....

Winner take all....

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by MikeyDBView Post

A choice to make?
Recent comments by the deputy Prime Minister of Israel: JERUSALEM (AP) – “Israel's deputy prime minister on Saturday said Israel should assassinate the Hamas leadership, ignore Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and walk away from international peace efforts.”
“The comments by Avigdor Lieberman came as the rival Palestinian factions, Hamas and Fatah, continued talks on forming a unity government acceptable to the Israeli and the West.”
“Speaking to Israel Radio, Lieberman said he believes the Palestinians are not interested in setting up their own state, but rather in destroying Israel. He said Israel must abandon past peace deals, known as the Oslo accords, and the road map.”
"A continuation of Oslo, of the road map . . . will lead us to another round of conflict, a much more bloody round, and in the end to an even deeper deadlock, and it threatens our future," he said.”

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
I read the interview transcripts and Lieberman was referring to their leaders, not the whole of the Palestinian peoples.

This is a common problem, the context of speaches and commentary being distorted to further ones agenda. Like the speach by Irans leader that really was quite vague on exterminating the Jews, but if you ask some Israeli's and US politicians, he said "exterminate the Jews".

That was a good try though Mikey.

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Could you please direct me to 1 contemparary Israel government document that states percicely that the Israeli governemnet wish to exterminate all Palestinians. I would like to see the words as such, exterminate, genocide, final solution. No reading between the lines, no "just look at their actions". Because the same can be said for the Hezbollah and Hamas, and yet you, gopher and qe, refuse to except that. So, so shall I. I would like to see clear contemparary documents that support this notion you keep thouting as Israel's intentions.

Justice doesn't take sides. All evidence must be considered.

If you look up ethnic cleansing in wikipedia, you will find Israel/Palistine listed with other examples from the 20th centuray.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_...g#20th_century (external - login to view)

I can find many sources from the UN supporting the claim Israel carried out and carries outs acts of ethnic cleansing, but even Israeli historians have acknowledged Israel's ethnic cleansing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilan_Pappe (external - login to view)

There really isn't a debate in academic circles about whether an ethnic cleansing took place. The debate is on whether it was and continues to be justified or wise.

Benny Morris thinks the middle east would be more peaceful if the ethnic cleansing was more complete.

Quote:

When ethnic cleansing is justified
Benny Morris, for decades you have been researching the dark side of Zionism. You are an expert on the atrocities of 1948. In the end, do you in effect justify all this? Are you an advocate of the transfer of 1948?There is no justification for acts of rape. There is no justification for acts of massacre. Those are war crimes. But in certain conditions, expulsion is not a war crime. I don't think that the expulsions of 1948 were war crimes. You can't make an omelet without breaking eggs. You have to dirty your hands. We are talking about the killing of thousands of people, the destruction of an entire society.A society that aims to kill you forces you to destroy it. When the choice is between destroying or being destroyed, it's better to destroy. [...]
You do not condemn them morally?No. They perpetrated ethnic cleansing.There are circumstances in history that justify ethnic cleansing. I know that this term is completely negative in the discourse of the 21st century, but when the choice is between ethnic cleansing and genocide -- the annihilation of your people -- I prefer ethnic cleansing. And that was the situation in 1948?That was the situation. That is what Zionism faced. A Jewish state would not have come into...

Quote has been trimmed
I disagree with Benny Morris. I think the greater the atrocity the greater the longterm consequences.

Hitler tried to exterminate all the Jews. He couldn't. But a longterm consequence of that atrocity could be a future nuclear world war. Palestinians can lay some blame on Nazi Germany for their current situation.

Colpy

A choice to make?

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Where EXACTLY do you see in that piece a call for the "extermination of all Palestinians."

Sorry DB, it ain't there. Only a call for the extermination of the vermin that lead Hamas and other terrorist groups.............

Now I can quote Nasrallah anticipating the extermination of all Jews........

Colpy

Justice doesn't take sides. All evidence must be considered.

If you look up ethnic cleansing in wikipedia, you will find Israel/Palistine listed with other examples from the 20th centuray.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnic_...g#20th_century (external - login to view)

I can find many sources from the UN supporting the claim Israel carried out and carries outs acts of ethnic cleansing, but even Israeli historians have acknowledged Israel's ethnic cleansing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilan_Pappe (external - login to view)

There really isn't a debate in academic circles about whether an ethnic cleansing took place. The debate is on whether it was and continues to be justified or wise.

Benny Morris thinks the middle east would be more peaceful if the ethnic cleansing was more complete.

I disagree with Benny Morris. I think the greater the atrocity the greater the longterm consequences.

Hitler tried to exterminate all the Jews. He couldn't. But a longterm consequence of that atrocity could be a future nuclear world war. Palestinians can lay some blame on Nazi Germany for their current situation.

This is all fine, I don't doubt the fact of anything laid out in the article above........but you should recognize that the Arab nations "ethnically cleansed" their areas of 800,000 Jews at about the same time...............

You should also recognize that the Arabs pushed from Israel could have been absorbed peacefully and benefically by the surrounding Arab nations.........as Jewish refugees were absorbed by Israel. However, the Palestinians were abandoned, and have been used by greater Arabia as a stick to beat Israel for almost 60 years.

The ARABS are responsible for the mess, IMHO.

MikeyDB
CDNbear

Greetings!

“Israel also needs to get tougher with the Hamas and Islamic Jihad groups, particularly their leaders, Lieberman said. “I see the entire leadership of Hamas and Jihad walking around freely, and it’s continuing to incite,” he told the radio. “They ... have to disappear, to go to paradise, all of them, and there can’t be any compromise.”

Well Bear I think someone prepared to exterminate a democratically elected political entity couldn’t reasonably be expected to exercise a great deal of sound judgment when the blood starts to flow…

The great conundrum facing occupation forces whether it’s “Charlie” or it’s “Achmed” is differentiating “friendlies” from “hostiles”….

That differentiation also occurs when the rationale cited as legitimacy for executing people is “what they think and/or believe”….

If you terminate a “holy man” who just happens to have a congregation (not sure what a group of Moslem’s in a temple is called…” ) of followers that are prepared to arm themselves, sacrifice themselves as “ordinance” etc. inevitably you’ll be faced with “cleansing” not just the bureaucracy or leadership of a party or movement, but a great many more…

But you’re point with respect to Lieberman’s verbatim statements is accurate..

Here’s another story that yes suggests only males be exterminated but I think you’d agree that if you kill all the males of a group that reproduction is going to be severely impeded with the ultimate result being the extinction of that group…

So it might be reasonably inferred that the meaning is EVERYONE not just the males… but hey we all read what we want into whatever it is we’re reading…

http://www.davidduke.com/wp-print.php?p=1143 (external - login to view)

Colpy

CDNbear

Greetings!

“Israel also needs to get tougher with the Hamas and Islamic Jihad groups, particularly their leaders, Lieberman said. “I see the entire leadership of Hamas and Jihad walking around freely, and it’s continuing to incite,” he told the radio. “They ... have to disappear, to go to paradise, all of them, and there can’t be any compromise.”

Well Bear I think someone prepared to exterminate a democratically elected political entity couldn’t reasonably be expected to exercise a great deal of sound judgment when the blood starts to flow…

The great conundrum facing occupation forces whether it’s “Charlie” or it’s “Achmed” is differentiating “friendlies” from “hostiles”….

That differentiation also occurs when the rationale cited as legitimacy for executing people is “what they think and/or believe”….

If you terminate a “holy man” who just happens to have a congregation (not sure what a group of Moslem’s in a temple is called…” ) of followers that are prepared to arm themselves, sacrifice themselves as “ordinance” etc. inevitably you’ll be faced with “cleansing” not just the bureaucracy or leadership of a party or movement, but a great many more…

But you’re point with respect to Lieberman’s verbatim statements is accurate..

Here’s another story that yes suggests only males be exterminated but I think you’d agree that if you kill all the males of a group that reproduction is going to be severely impeded with the ultimate result being the extinction of that group…

So it might be reasonably inferred that the meaning is EVERYONE not just the males… but hey we all read what we want into whatever it is we’re reading…

http://www.davidduke.com/wp-print.php?p=1143 (external - login to view)

Mikey, check your references.

This comes from David Duke.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Mr. Duke was at one time the Grand Wizard of the Order of the Klu Klux Klan.

I'm NOT kidding.

Hardly a dependable source...............

Colpy
Here he is!

Quote:

David Ernest Duke (born July 1, 1950) is a former Louisiana Republican state representative, and former Imperial Wizard of the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.[1][2]

Quote has been trimmed
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Duke (external - login to view)

MikeyDB
The criteria for the source reliability or impartiality wasn't declared in the request. I understand what you're saying but what authority can any statement by people who believe so passionately in their position of belief or political subscription be... who have demonstrated a preparedness to re-write history and find some particular shading of "truth" to legitimize their brutality?

There is no clean and clear solution to the conflict in the Middle East and if there were do you really think it's been tried?

Both "sides" for oodles of reasons harbor murderous hatred for each other and have for a very long time. That kind of hatred isn't satisfied by reason or diplomacy or "helper intervention...
Never has been in the history of mankind and I seriously doubt that the current generation of Israelis and Paletinians are any more capable of this kind of compromise that has any other similar conflict demonstraed before...

MikeyDB
That said the danger to the rest of the human species grows as this conflict envelopes the planet...

Let em shoot it out like a level 3 IPSC match and let's be done with it!

gopher
One would find it easier to discuss the matter if one knew exactly what this picture showed, specifically where? when? by whom?

Iraqi baby killed in Bush's imperialistic war through his "shock and awe" campaign.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

Iraqi baby killed in Bush's imperialistic war through his "shock and awe" campaign.

gopher no offence, but I haven't noticed anyone supporting that war here. Why do you beat that horse so mercilessly?

Although in any war or anywhere, the death of the innocences is heart wrenching.

earth_as_one
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

This is all fine, I don't doubt the fact of anything laid out in the article above........but you should recognize that the Arab nations "ethnically cleansed" their areas of 800,000 Jews at about the same time...............

You should also recognize that the Arabs pushed from Israel could have been absorbed peacefully and benefically by the surrounding Arab nations.........as Jewish refugees were absorbed by Israel. However, the Palestinians were abandoned, and have been used by greater Arabia as a stick to beat Israel for almost 60 years.

The ARABS are responsible for the mess, IMHO.

"at about the same time". What a blatant attempt to misrepresent what really happened. Before Israel had declared independance, the Jewish terrorist organizations which later formed Israel's government raped, murdered and tortured to forcibly ethnically cleanse Palestinians from areas the UN reserved for a Jewish and Palestinian state.

www.globalwebpost.com/farooqm...yt_letter.html (external - login to view)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_David_Hotel_bombing (external - login to view)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lehi_(group) (external - login to view)

1) Muslim/Arab anti-Jewish sentiment grew as a result of what Jews were doing to Muslims and Arabs in Palestine. Some Muslims and Arabs took their anger out on their Jewish neighbors. Most Arab/Muslim governments didn't do enough to protect their Jewish citizens better, but others did.

Iran for example did protect their Jewish citizens. Even still about 80% of Iran's Jews left. Iran's Jews did not face the same atrocities as Israel's non-Jewish population.

Quote:

Jews in Iran Describe a Life of Freedom Despite Anti-Israel Actions by Tehran
Michael Theodoulou, Special to The Christian Science Monitor

www.csmonitor.com/durable/199...tl/intl.3.html (external - login to view)

Its misleading to claim all Jews who left Arab and Muslim countries faced the same level of persecution as Palestinains. Very few Jews were raped, murdered and tortured by armed militias. Many Jews left willingly without harassment in response to the idea of Israel. These Jews are no different than thousands of other Jews who left the US for Israel willingly "at about the same time".

2) Atrocities committed against Jews occurred in Lebanon, Libya, Egypt,... I disagree with collectively punishing 800,000 people for atrocites committed elesewhere because they happen not to be Jewish. Most of these 800,000 people took no part in atrocities against Jews.
Last edited by earth_as_one; Nov 19th, 2006 at 05:55 PM..

The Project Man

I think we should opt for a "Spanish Solution" when it comes to the Middle East...

No interference by Russia China United States anyone....and let these madmen fight it out and settle the question once and for all...like a bullfight.

No nukes no chemical or biological weapons, just good old fashion center fire rounds fired from standard weapons held by a single human being.....

Winner take all....

This is the rational solution.
Any peace accord reached by the parties will leave hostile radicals on both sides. This will lead to small gorilla bands and well placed attacks. Peace agreements have been abandoned before. Territories have been divided up before to no avail. It will simply continue to escalate, so why not let it. All there is now are two bullies on the playground shouting and taking pokes at one another. Let them go at it and get it over with already.
No one will back down. There is no compromise to be reached, because neither party will.