Some information on the origins of the White Poppy.

Sassylassie
I came across this article and frankly I agree with him regarding the White Poppy. I found the history of the White Poppy less than complimentary, but then again I've never had an ounce of repect for pacifist wannabes. I respect the Amish, and other religious orders that loath and renounce violence because they dedicate their lives to peace.

Sun, November 12, 2006

Pacifists are cowards and deluded morons

By Ian Robinson

on error resume next ShockMode = ( IsObject(CreateObject("ShockwaveFlash.ShockwaveFla sh.4")))if ( ShockMode
Previous story: Women's work (external - login to view)
Next story: Doom and gloom crowd's credibility endangered (external - login to view)

sanctus
[quote=Sassylassie;747444]I came across this article and frankly I agree with him regarding the White Poppy. I found the history of the White Poppy less than complimentary, but then again I've never had an ounce of repect for pacifist wannabes. I respect the Amish, and other religious orders that loath and renounce violence because they dedicate their lives to peace.

As one of those pacifist wanna be's that you lack repsect for, can you indicate where the article is you submitted so I might read how awful we are

Ensign Redshirt
Here it is, hope this works.

calsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnis...2/2326533.html (external - login to view)

CDNBear
[quote=sanctus;747450]
Quote: Originally Posted by SassylassieView Post

I came across this article and frankly I agree with him regarding the White Poppy. I found the history of the White Poppy less than complimentary, but then again I've never had an ounce of repect for pacifist wannabes. I respect the Amish, and other religious orders that loath and renounce violence because they dedicate their lives to peace.

As one of those pacifist wanna be's that you lack repsect for, can you indicate where the article is you submitted so I might read how awful we are

Santus if I may ask you a question.

I have accepted others feelings on why they do not throw their support behind the Troops. So it is not beyond me to see the grass other yards, through the boards in the fence. But our last encounter was less then productive, so I didn't catch your position or your reasoning for it.

I understand that you are a priest, so as most of priests I now, you do not advocate violence, but most of those same priests give comfort to those that support the Troops as well as support the Troops on the basis that they believe that the Troops are doing their calling, in defending the rights of ourselves and others, to beleive as we wish and to live safely.

So what's your take on this and what's your position?

sanctus
[quote=CDNBear;747452]
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctusView Post

I understand that you are a priest, so as most of priests I now, you do not advocate violence, but most of those same priests give comfort to those that support the Troops as well as support the Troops on the basis that they believe that the Troops are doing their calling, in defending the rights of ourselves and others, to beleive as we wish and to live safely.

So what's your take on this and what's your position?

Fair enough. Like many in my calling, I believe in non-violence as proclaimed in the Gospel of Christ. Thus, I am opposed to violence in any form. Do I support the activities of the troops, no. Do I support them as people, yes of course. Does this answer what you are asking? I confess to being a bit tired this evening as I have had a very long and stressful day, so my answer is probably not satisfactory. I apologize if that is so. I have had three funerals in the past two days, and one a suicide of a very young person, which has left me somewhat weary this evening. If you will permit, I'd prefer to tackle your questions with a better answer tomorrow, unless this answer suffices?

Chris

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by Ensign RedshirtView Post

Here it is, hope this works.

calsun.canoe.ca/News/Columnis...2/2326533.html (external - login to view)

thank you