Home grown or over blown?


CDNBear
#1
There is something to be said for someone willing to kill themselves for their God. it is a deep and passionate belief that can sway ones drive to live.

As dispiccable an act as it is. I admire the fortitude and strength in belief. There is not bravery, no honour, but a willingness to die for your cause. How can I fault that? I believe it myself.

So here we have young men dying for their cause in the ME. I can see where they're coming from. Poverty, famine, war, occupation and so one. Even though I have read some articles that suggest that most of the so called martyrs are actually midclass kids that have been convinced to abstain from sex and self pleasure, ostensably to make it easier to convince them to kill themselves for 72 virgins.

But that's in the ME. What about here at home?

How can some young man from middle class Scarberia, expect me to see him as a martyr if he's been silver spoon fed and raised on Much Music?

What jihad is he fighting? Is it a false glory he's looking for? Or is he brainwashed? Or is he just spoiled brat with a bad influence around him and no clear guidence?
 
Sassylassie
#2
Good question Bear. In the case of those arrested in Ontario I believe this is an example of a set up. This mad Imam goes out into the community and finds young male adults unhappy with their lives and he brain washes them into believing that committing a Jihad against Canada is a noble thing. I could do the samething if I wanted to find a couple of unhappy youths and tell them nine Britiany Spears like virgins were waiting in heaven for them if they raged a blah blah against some unknow enemy. Would these youths of committed the attacks? I'm not sure but I think this mad Imam should be charged along with the youths, but alas he's an RCMP spy/mole. These kids were stupid and potentially dangerous but are the "Real" Terrorist nah I don't think so.

As for the threat of Terrorism growning in Canada, it's out there but how extreme is it? I'm not sure, I guess that is up to the Muslim Community to figure out.
 
Said1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

There is something to be said for someone willing to kill themselves for their God. it is a deep and passionate belief that can sway ones drive to live.

As dispiccable an act as it is. I admire the fortitude and strength in belief. There is not bravery, no honour, but a willingness to die for your cause. How can I fault that? I believe it myself.

So here we have young men dying for their cause in the ME. I can see where they're coming from. Poverty, famine, war, occupation and so one. Even though I have read some articles that suggest that most of the so called martyrs are actually midclass kids that have been convinced to abstain from sex and self pleasure, ostensably to make it easier to convince them to kill themselves for 72 virgins.

But that's in the ME. What about here at home?

How can some young man from middle class Scarberia, expect me to see him as a martyr if he's been silver spoon fed and raised on Much Music?

What jihad is he fighting? Is it a false glory he's looking for? Or is he brainwashed? Or is he just spoiled brat with a bad influence around him and no clear guidence?

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

I think it's stupid to a certain extent, then I think "what would I do if someone invaded my country?" I'd probably do the same thing to preserve the way of life I want.
 
CDNBear
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1View Post

One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist.

I think it's stupid to a certain extent, then I think "what would I do if someone invaded my country?" I'd probably do the same thing to preserve the way of life I want.

But I'm talking about Canadian and English citizens here. If they feel so outraged about what is happening in Afghanistan or Iraq, then why not go and fight?

I would have greater respect for them, if they did that?
 
Curiosity
#5
Bear

I think we have been treated to all the excuses and reasons on forums such as this - why they "will not go".

Rational, educated responses - with no heart whatsoever....and perhaps much unacknowledged fear.

I cannot say I would make that choice to go to war for any reason unless I was put into a defense mode and then I would probably continue to kill until intervention occurred for me, or I was killed.

It is such a personal answer I wonder if we will ever know how the majority will act.

I hope we never have to find out.

Hmmmm it seems easier for the women to write about it. Perhaps we are not as threatened. It is a terrible decision.
 
tamarin
#6
Well, all we need for the copycats to start using their litter boxes here is for the first fatcat to jump. And he will. Within ten years Canadians will worry about suicide bombers, and Canadian culture, frail and insipid as it is now, will be on the run. Fanatical Islam already has us flailing. Our news programs, our newspapers, our popular electronic communities are obsessed by it. It's in ascendancy. And all we can do is spend gazillions of dollars on security to pretend we're up to the threat. The West won't survive but it will make interesting reading for those 200 years from now.
 
Zzarchov
#7
Preachers inciting troubled teens to violence in Canada is nothing new.

Sure there is no real danger to your soul because women don't wear veils..

There is no danger to your soul if a black man enters white church or two women adopt a child.

But its pretty easy to convince troubled teenagers of anything, eg, Here is a humourous case in point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherki...Otherkin_Types (external - login to view)

If you convince people to believe that..is convincing well to do suburbanites to kill in the name of god really that hard to believe.
 
CDNBear
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by ZzarchovView Post

Preachers inciting troubled teens to violence in Canada is nothing new.

Sure there is no real danger to your soul because women don't wear veils..

There is no danger to your soul if a black man enters white church or two women adopt a child.

But its pretty easy to convince troubled teenagers of anything, eg, Here is a humourous case in point.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otherki...Otherkin_Types (external - login to view)

If you convince people to believe that..is convincing well to do suburbanites to kill in the name of god really that hard to believe.

Very interesting and humourous point. Still scary though, the fragile human psycy.
 

Similar Threads

0
Home Grown Terror Copycats Baghdad
by kotzabasis | Jul 7th, 2007
5
The BBC and home-grown terrorists
by Blackleaf | Aug 12th, 2006
no new posts