The War Department and Rememberance Day

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
My daughter usually has gymnastics on Saturdays. My wife mentioned not going to it this Saturday to attend the cenotaph ceremonies. Her great grandfather died at Vimy Ridge and she takes it pretty seriously. Well it has been pissing down rain for a few days and this evening I said:

Me - if it's pouring out maybe we should go to gymnastics instead.

War Department - I don't care what it's doing out there, she is going to learn to respect Rememberance Day ceremonies.

Me - *cowering* ok!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That sounds reasonable...

Since the kids,(now 36, and 38, were rug rats we have watched the cenotaph ceremonies from Ottawa on Nov. !!th every year on TV. God! I remember when there were tens of thousands of WW1 vets marching in and paying their respects. This year, we might get 2 or 3. We still watch, but now the WW2 vets are getting older, and fewer. This year, I find it a bit painful because my oldest brother was a WW2 vet who died last year.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Sorry about your brother #juan. The ceremonies will have a special meaning for you.

My wife likes to go downtown to the local ceremonies.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It's 7:30 here and my oldest has been up polishing his boots since 6.

Rain will not daunt his attendance.

At school yesterday, he got to lead the march of Vets into the audatorium with other Cadets. When I got home yesterday he told me that several of the Vets congradulated him on his Uniform, boots, clean cut hair and thanked him as well.

I cried and hugged him for a long time. As a father, that was one of my proudest moments. My son being complimented and thanked by a Vet. I'm still getting misty eyed.

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bear

Personal thanks to you and your son !!

I've a full day with parade, ceremonies, and hearing as many stories as I can...

No negatives allowed in my space....and my nephew for the first time since his injuries in Iraq will be taking part in his city. Miracles do happen after all.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bear

Personal thanks to you and your son !!

I've a full day with parade, ceremonies, and hearing as many stories as I can...

No negatives allowed in my space....and my nephew for the first time since his injuries in Iraq will be taking part in his city. Miracles do happen after all.
Thanx WC, I would like to tank you as well. People like yourself are the people the Troops need to hear the most from. Undying support, an unwavering position, true dedication to the truth and freedoms of all.

Keep the faith.

Je me Souviens

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
Bear

I got hugs for donations and poppies yesterday - and one dear old guy have me a hootin ride on the back of his scooter which is all duded up like a tiny motorcycle.... whee..... with all the crap going on about right and wrong....I'll settle for some happy faces on these men of yesterday and the young kids now being
sent to bleed or die.

The warriors are the only ones I give a damn about today and all the stories about war is wrong can sit back up on the shelf for 24 hours .... the naysayers can have the remaining 364 days to make their case.

Have a good one Bear..... WC