Nov 19th Iam Out of hurr!!!

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
Yep got my Solid date for Basic.

I go to St.Jean in Quebec for 13 weeks of Basic, Then a few other Bases, for SQ and MOC Courses.

Also I think I get a driving course somewhere too, for driving some usefull Engineering vehicals.

I am joining the Combat Engineers. Its about 45-50 weeks worth of Trainning alltogether.

I get 2 weeks off in December for Christmas, and then back I go....But ill have my Laptop and post when I have some free time, and Iam not in Quebec City chaseing sepretists with my C7.

I do my Oath on the 16th and get my plane ticket.

Any vets, or X-millitary members feel free to give me a few tips.
Also I will begine conditioning myself to wake up early starting this weekend, Ill be getting up for 4 running 3 km and talking back home, followed by weight trainning....that should give me a fair advantage over the fattys who got to skip the Physical.

Tonington

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 27, 2006
Atta boy! Show em how we're made in Nova Scotia! Born form the rock with booze coursing through our veins!

Curiosity

Senate Member
Jul 30, 2005
California
There must be some truth about the Downeaster Provinces....

Everyone posting on this forum from that far shore seems to have his/her head on just fine!!!

Best wishes EastSide....stay out of trouble y'hear?

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
Good luck Easty not that you will need it, you will do fine. If you need someone to teach you profanity in French I'm your gal.

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
I also know some Arabic and sign language which could be helpful if you wanna tell an instructor off but not say a word. My sister made it through basic training 20 years ago when it was really tough if she can you will skate through it like a pro. When she finished she went from a wee 101 pounds to a wopping 123 and she had muscles where girls shouldn't. She looked like a little pit bull.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Good luck brother. Keep your chin up and avoid Cpl's. they have just enough power, for it to go to their heads, but not enough to make them any smarter, lol.

The food in the Mess halls ain't half bad, IMP's suck, unless they've gotten any better(I doubt it).

Trade in the C7 as soon as you can for a C9A1, it's a much better weapon.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT buy anything on payments at Canex. You do not need to 30 inch plasma, in your Barracks.

Merc. G wagons are for rich subburban soccer moms, so trade that in for a Badger as fast as you can.

I wish I could go with ya.

Thanx from the whole family bru.

PS. If it's got brass on it, salute it. Even if it looks like a Sears clothes dummy, don't be fooled. Salute, it could be the real thing.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
OH ya, I forgot to mention, and this is important.

If for some strange reason you find yourself over there, and you here gun raports and ****s blowin' up all around ya, and ya gotta put down the paper and pencil and actually pick up your weapon!

For the love of all that's good...

SHOT IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS EVERYONE ELSE.

Well you did say you were going to be CE. jeez, it's not like we let the guys that build our latrines get to close to shyte that could get them hurt, so you likely won't get to see much action. but hell, you'll be a demon with a shovel. lmao

EastSideScotian

Stuck in Ontario...bah
Jun 9, 2006
Petawawa Ontario
OH ya, I forgot to mention, and this is important.

If for some strange reason you find yourself over there, and you here gun raports and ****s blowin' up all around ya, and ya gotta put down the paper and pencil and actually pick up your weapon!

For the love of all that's good...

SHOT IN THE SAME DIRECTION AS EVERYONE ELSE.

Well you did say you were going to be CE. jeez, it's not like we let the guys that build our latrines get to close to shyte that could get them hurt, so you likely won't get to see much action. but hell, you'll be a demon with a shovel. lmao
HAHA, Well I hope I do get tosee some action. I guess Combat Engineers are used alot for reccy and things along those lines alot. I wont be upset however if I do miss alot of action...as long as I get some. Even if it is someone hassleing me at a checkpoint, ill take it.

HAHA my father said the same thing about Corprals....So i Guess since i wont be able to beat them Ill join themmm...and then our rank them and give them hell. ;)

Also thanks for the Pms again... Being the brains of the army I hopefully will use my brian in all situations, thanks for the support.

Thanks evryonelese also for your support it will be much appreciated, Ill stop by and post when I can....You still have a few days left of me yet...haha

thomaska

Council Member
May 24, 2006
Great Satan
HAHA, Well I hope I do get tosee some action. I guess Combat Engineers are used alot for reccy and things along those lines alot. I wont be upset however if I do miss alot of action...as long as I get some. Even if it is someone hassleing me at a checkpoint, ill take it.

HAHA my father said the same thing about Corprals....So i Guess since i wont be able to beat them Ill join themmm...and then our rank them and give them hell. ;)

Also thanks for the Pms again... Being the brains of the army I hopefully will use my brian in all situations, thanks for the support.

Thanks evryonelese also for your support it will be much appreciated, Ill stop by and post when I can....You still have a few days left of me yet...haha

Good luck to you Buddy. Basic will seem like the longest time of your life but when its all over with, you'll only remember the funnyt things and the good times. Get ready to meet some of what are going to seem like the dumbest people on the planet. When I went to Marine Corps bootcamp, I swear everyone else there with me threw their brain out the window on the bus ride there.:D

Not sure what you call them there, but your best bet is to do what the drill instructors say, and do it when they say it. Don't let ego get in the way of your sailing smoothly through basic. Yeah sure, those corporals are going to seem like pricks, but you'll probably be there training recruits too someday. Everything they tell you to do has a reason behind it, but the irony is you probably won't see it until you are done.

At any rate, good luck, keep the dirty side down, and if you can't be good, be careful.

Semper Fidelis

The Project Man

Liquer'd Up & Lash'n Out!
Aug 22, 2006
Pennsylvania
Good Luck

Take care of yourself, goes without saying but, do it. When you get back tell us everything that you did.

I don't know what I've been told
but eskimo P****y is mighty cold

Sound Off! ;)