View Poll Results: Should We Scrap the Time Change
Yes 10 66.67%
No 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Toro
... the frickin' time change!

Do you?

I think not
Ya, it serves no purpose other than to upset my sleeping habits.

Daz_Hockey
I think I'm the worst off for this.....

I was working behind a bar last night

humanbeing
What?! I'm a major advocate for daylight savings time! I'm deeply disturbed by these posts.

Just kidding. I also think it is stupid.

Right now, after daylight savings time, when I get up a 7am, it's bright enough that I can see where I am going without walking into a telephone pole (the catch is that I don't do this even an hour earlier).

Where I live, they would have to do daylight savings time a few more times up until the middle of winter, because two or three weeks from now, it will be just as dark as it was before the time change. I guess the change is not so extreme South of my location, but still, I can empathize with Southerners who want to see daylight savings disappear.

Does anyone actually care if they have to choose between dark or darker when it comes to the natural lighting as they head to school or work? If not, we should scrap the time change.

And I mean, like, we've invented lightbulbs and all that stuff too. That must count for something...

Whose idea was daylight savings time anyhow?

Researcher87
Its stupid.

the caracal kid
i agree with ending "daylight savings time".

Too bad thanks to the US we are going the other way (extending it).

If you REALLY, REALLY, REALLY can not stand it though, you can always move to Sask. The benefits are housing is cheaper there and there is not much to block out the sun (geographically). A second option is a couple towns in SE BC that don't switch (I think Kitchener is one of them, IIRC).

china
Hey ,Here in China we have only one time ....The China Time ,all over China ,12 month a year ,there is only ....China Time .And if you come to China ,you'll have one heck of a good "time" in China .Invest your time in
China where the China Time nevere changes .
See you soon,
China in China
Last edited by china; Oct 29th, 2006 at 10:02 PM..

Researcher87
However, because there is only one timezone in china it effects the different areas. So your biological clock is screwed by the work day when in some area you only get like 8 hours of sun and have to work, I don't know maybe ten or twelve.

the caracal kid
I will be there next year, china. Are you going to meet me at the border? haha

EastSideScotian
Quote: Originally Posted by chinaView Post

Hey ,Here in China we have only one time ....The China Time ,all over China ,12 month a year ,we have China Time .Come to China ,and have one heck of "China" time here in China .So ,see you all in China where the China Time nevere changes ,
China in China

Hmmm Oprresive Government....or having to get off my *** and mess with my clocks.....

Its a tough one

Researcher87
Ah, China's cool. With its communist government all its one time zone. You just can't oppose the government.

humanbeing
Quote: Originally Posted by Researcher87View Post

However, because there is only one timezone in china it effects the different areas. So your biological clock is screwed by the work day when in some area you only get like 8 hours of sun and have to work, I don't know maybe ten or twelve.

Heheh interesting point. However, one way to get around this in a one timezone country is to work 8 to 4, or perhaps 10 to 6, instead of 9 to 5, depending on what side of the country you are working... and arrange your bed time and whatever else accordingly. Businesses that are run with half a brain would arrange their standard working hours accordingly.

Researcher87
Ah but in a market economy when this is your hours, our if you need to work 12 hours to make a living, I don't know farming, that it kind of difficult.

Researcher87
deleted

maepaulino
we don't observe daylight savings time where I live and based on your posts, I'm really, really thankful! It's hard enough for me to track time without it changing every now and then hehe

Riyko
Quote: Originally Posted by humanbeingView Post

Whose idea was daylight savings time anyhow?

Benjamin Franklin's back in 1784, but it wasn't put into effect until World War 1 and that was by Germany then other countries followed. For Canada starting in 2007 DST will start on the second sunday in March and return to standard time on the first sunday in November. Canada will be following the US with DST in 2007.

I know too much information *_* I like gaining an hour of sleep, but I hate losing an hour -_- it makes life hell.

Nuggler
Yay for DST...............I can fish till 10:00 PM and still be able to see when I get to the dock, for most of the summer.

The fish, no doubt, would prefer to have it ST...................sucks to be them eh?

We can BBQ, eat, clean up, and sit on the sceened in porch (mosquitos), and chat with the neighbours, and it still ain't dark.

Right now, I look out the window at 5:35 PM and it's pitch black and has been for about 3/4 of an hour. It's gonna be this way till almost spring.
Retch.........

Nah, I'll trade an hours' sleep once a year (wahoo) for DST. Switching back and forth messes up the internal clock, also. I'd vote for DST.

Ugg.