What's the point of several threads posted

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
Christians and Muslims act the same. War on Islamic Terrorism please. Christians are just as capable of such horrible actions as Muslims, and over the same freaking god (Abrahamic).

If we fought a true war on terrorism Christianity and Islam would be canceled out.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Christians and Muslims act the same. War on Islamic Terrorism please. Christians are just as capable of such horrible actions as Muslims, and over the same freaking god (Abrahamic).

If we fought a true war on terrorism Christianity and Islam would be canceled out.

They may be capable, but they aren't the ones flying jumbojets into buildings killing innocent people, nor are they the ones bombing embassies and nightclubs.. nor are they the ones burning flags and effigies of the pope on the streets.

Researcher87

Electoral Member
Sep 20, 2006
In Monsoon West (B.C)
So the pope got burned. Who cares. The British burn that Guy who tried to blow up the British parliment.

What's the difference between having a plane slam into the building and kill a whole bunch of civilians and have a refugee camp slaughtered by crazed people who rape you and torture you before you die.

I see no difference, they are just being killed by a person of the same faith, different name, one isn't any more important than the other.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Nor are they laughingly using "shock and awe" while innocent people die nor pretending that menacing WMD existed in Iraq and using that lie as a pretext for invading. Those same Muslims are not generating billions in war profits like Halliburton is doing while pretending that they are stopping terrorism.

As I wrote to conclude my thread on Islamophobia, there is plenty of blame to go around in the conflicts between East and West. Unfortunately, far too many people are quick to point out deificiencies of character and values in others while conveniently overlooking those same deficiencies (and worse) in their own cultures.

A little more honesty from both sides could go a long way towards generating peaceful international accord.

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
As long as the suicide bomber exists - and the spectre of his migrating to cities in the West - you'll not get much of an audience for equivalency. We can all root through history to find sponsors for our viewpoint but this is today. And - today - global attention in the West is focused on Islamic extremists. As it should be.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario

It is violent people who cause these situations..the religon is just a vessel to justify...

Leave us peace loving Christains and Muslims to quietly pray and worship will the morons go fight there stupid fight.

You are right GOD IS GOD!!! he is not Bob's God or Ahkbar's God....

People like to put fences around things, take ownership then defend it...dumb..so very very dumb

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
As long as the suicide bomber exists...

Those bombers (whether in early 1960s Algeria, late 1960s Vietnam, or today) exist only in response to Western imperialistic terrorism. End Western terrorism and the responsiveness will end as well.

earth_as_one

Time Out
Jan 5, 2006
As long as the suicide bomber exists - and the spectre of his migrating to cities in the West - you'll not get much of an audience for equivalency. We can all root through history to find sponsors for our viewpoint but this is today. And - today - global attention in the West is focused on Islamic extremists. As it should be.

30,000 Iraqi soldiers died defending their country. Most were conscipts. Since the invasion, the second Lancet report estimates about 600,000 Iraqis (2% of the population) died violent deaths attributable to war and war related violence such as increased crime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_in_the_conflict_in_Iraq

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 7, 2005 by The Independent [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bush: God Told Me to Invade Iraq
President 'revealed reasons for war in private meeting'
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by Rupert Cornwell[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]President George Bush has claimed he was told by God to invade Iraq and attack Osama bin Laden's stronghold of Afghanistan as part of a divine mission to bring peace to the Middle East, security for Israel, and a state for the Palestinians. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

George Bush believes he is on a mission from God, according to the politician Nabil Shaath. Photograph: Charles Dharapak/AP
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
http://www.commondreams.org/headlines05/1007-03.htm

No one from Iraq appears to have been involved in the events of 9/11. Yet innocent Iraqi civilians have paid the greatest price. How Christian is that?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]April 22, 2004 by Inter Press Service [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]US Majority Still Believe in Iraq's WMD, al-Qaeda Ties [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]by Jim Lobe[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]WASHINGTON - U.S. public perceptions about former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein's alleged ties to al-Qaeda and stocks of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) continues to lag far behind the testimony of experts, boosting chances that President George W Bush will be re-elected, according to a survey and analysis released Thursday.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Despite statements by such officials as the Bush administration's former chief weapons inspector, David Kay; its former anti-terrorism chief, Richard Clarke; former chief United Nations weapons inspector Hans Blix, as well as admissions by senior administration officials themselves, a majority of the public still believes Iraq was closely tied to the al-Qaeda terrorist group and had WMD stocks or programs before U.S. troops invaded the country...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0422-09.htm[/FONT]http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/0422-09.htm

How can we in the west accuse Muslims of extremism when we kill them without so much as an apology for using lies and deceptions to start a war for control of middle east oil which has taken so many innocent lives?

While your attention has been diverted to focus on Muslim extremists, war criminals are getting away with crimes against humanity.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
I don't accuse Muslims of being extremist! I accuse extremist of being extremists!!

Maybe God did talk to Bush..who knows..maybe Bush's grasp at English made him hear it wrong..maybe God to him to go get a snack..not go invade IRAQ??

Sassylassie

House Member
Jan 31, 2006
LOL Bill good one, now Bush will live his life never knowing what he should of eaten for a snack.

Researcher wrote: Christians and Muslims act the same. War on Islamic Terrorism please. Christians are just as capable of such horrible actions as Muslims, and over the same freaking god (Abrahamic).

Your imaturity is astounding and so is your lack of knowledge of what is transpiring around the world. You came into this forum under the guise of writing an article on "Natives in Residential Schools" but in fact all you have written is anti-Christian drivel and tripe. As a female whos grandmother was housed in a residential school I find you offensive to the extreme. Leave the suffering of the Natives and their ancestors out of your tripe they've suffered enough from Organised Religion and Bigoted Feds. The Natives in Canada don't need a hatefilled little **** like you doing backward research to bolster your hatred towards Christians.

Durkadurka was bang on maybe now you will post your hatefilled post against Christians in this thread only, I could dream the dream and you'd STFU.

Look up the Salavation Army Researcher, they do alot of good works and they don't care what Religion you practice or don't practice they provide housing to the homeless, they provide detox centers for addicts, they provide food, the list is endless. They go to other countries like the US in times of need, remember Katrina. Yep damn those GDM Christians for doing good deeds and asking for nothing in return.

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
sassy,

tell that to the starving that get told by some missionaries "we have food, but only if you come pray with us".

reality: christians and muslims do act very similarily.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
here here!!! Thanks Sassy....

Sally Anne does more for down and out people then the government has ever done..with lots less money...

If people would actually act in accordance with what is written in the Bible/Koran/Torah we would not have these conversations....

I am discusted as to what happened at res. schools (I am an Anglican) (don't really like labels though ) it's nothing to be proud of..but what is important is to try and fix it...and to make sure no one can ever hide behind an altar to preform such terrible things..God is watching anyways!!!

Should we disban Canada because it was terrible to the natives, Chinese, Japanese yars back..NO we say sorry we bring out our dirty laundry we air it, we stop it..we do our best to fix it and help..Then we move on....

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
Damn your a moron!!

Have you gone to help anyone??

you deny that this has and does happen? yet, because of its reality you resort to name calling?

I didn't say all missionaries have done this, but it DOES happen. I am providing the full picture. People naturally prefer to focus only on attributes they like about themselves or things they associate with (related to confirmation bias). It is important to objectively see the whole picture. Until this post you seemed to at least try to do this.

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
you learn ..then move on!!!

Listen buddy I don't speak for the world the way you seem too..wonder how many dimpled chads you had to tear off to get that many votes?

If you just want to be bitter...then be bitter, some of use would like to learn and grow..some do not!!

the caracal kid

the clan of the claw
Nov 28, 2005
www.kdm.ca
you learn ..then move on!!!

Listen buddy I don't speak for the world the way you seem too..wonder how many dimpled chads you had to tear off to get that many votes?

If you just want to be bitter...then be bitter, some of use would like to learn and grow..some do not!!

i am not being bitter.

I am addressing the larger issue of the human animal beyond whichever labels get tacked on.

grow then... good for you to be challenging your constructs, yourself, and perhaps even the world. :tu:

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
well then we are close!!

Since what I am saying is that people go and find the labels to attach to themselves to justify their behavior, I feel that God is there, no matter if we are here or not, therefore it is not people making up the religon it is the people twisting the religon....

Some be it few want to live the right way and try, fail, try again....It is harder to live a religon then it is to ignore it....

Ghandi said..If Christian people lived as Jesus taught he's convert now!! but alas they do not....My goal is to try and for that I must deal with people like you who want to only associate with the negative of things.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
They may be capable, but they aren't the ones flying jumbojets into buildings killing innocent people, nor are they the ones bombing embassies and nightclubs.. nor are they the ones burning flags and effigies of the pope on the streets.
The difference is Christians moved into the 20th and 21st Century a long time ago while Islamic Extremists haven't as you pointed out it wasn't Christians committing these Acts of Terrorism..