Interviewing First Nations Elder


Researcher87
#1
So today I was able to do one interview with a first nations elder who went to Kamloops Residential School. He is from Cowichan. I will not relay on this board what we discussed because it will only between us with the understanding it is going into the article that I am writing.

And it was interesting and exciting just talking to this Elder from the Cowichan nation.
 
DurkaDurka
#2
Is this article you are writing going to be published?
 
Researcher87
#3
Yes I am looking to publish this article. I am unsure where though if it will be in an aboriginal or historical journal or in several journals.
 
Researcher87
#4
I enjoyed interviewing the elder. Hopefully it will work well with the article.
 
Vereya
#5
Researcher87, and did you get to talk to the Elder about their way of life and their religious beliefs, if they have preserved any?
 
Researcher87
#6
Quote:

Researcher87, and did you get to talk to the Elder about their way of life and their religious beliefs, if they have preserved any?

I am going to be talking to him again, so that is the question I am going to ask him. Among others.
 
Vereya
#7
Quote:

I am going to be talking to him again, so that is the question I am going to ask him. Among others.

Researcher87, I am really interested in this kind of issues. Can I get to read your article after you publish it?
 
Researcher87
#8
Quote:

Researcher87, I am really interested in this kind of issues. Can I get to read your article after you publish it?

Absolutely.
 

Similar Threads

178
First Nations Treaties
by gerryh | Nov 20th, 2009
16
Elder Abuse
by Diarygirl | Jul 15th, 2009
0
Two nations.....worlds apart
by Blackleaf | Nov 4th, 2006
no new posts